Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Thread

Ulfhednar

Savant
Woah, recent user reviews just passed the 90% positive mark.
Mynon inexplicably dropped the ball this week, and failed to inform us that one new steam review for T:ToN has appeared (it was negative, giving the game a "recent" aggregate score of 86%). The best interpretation of this datapoint is that Rides of NumaHomaMoma will be recognized as a cult classic cRPG in 2037. Assuming, of course, that InXile patches it up a few times... or Beamdog...

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Just about everything in social sciences is unprovable and unrefutable

I would like an example; here's a counterexample:

Grimm's Law isn't "unprovable" or "unrefutable"; it is transparent and easily proved.

For example: (English/Italian)

foot/piede
heart/cuore
father/padre (Latin pater)
what/che (Latin quod)
ten (Proto-Germanic *tehun)/dieci

I don't consider linguistic a social science.

Ulfhednar

Savant
From Steam Spy:

Tyranny Torment:ToN- Peak concurrent players yesterday: 134
Goat Simulator - Peak concurrent players yesterday: 304

Man, this game is dead. :lol:
Not defending this game but Tyranny just had a sale and Goat Simulator was on a 3 dolar bundle like a week ago
That explains why Tyranny had 3,105 concurrent players today and beat out Pillars 1,741... T:ToN is dead.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
c01fb7b7f3.png

3d26947168.png

Since my attention was returned to this post by a recent rating alert, I thought I'd share something. There's a coda to this short but sad story.

When the parcel carrier attempted to deliver my T:ToN rewards, I wasn't home, so they left a receipt on my door informing me that I could pick it up at their offices.

I never went.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In

Since my attention was returned to this post by a recent rating alert, I thought I'd share something. There's a coda to this short but sad story.

When the parcel carrier attempted to deliver my T:ToN rewards, I wasn't home, so they left a receipt on my door informing me that I could pick it up at their offices.

I never went.
You could've made some money by picking it up and selling it on eBay, dude.

FeelTheRads

Arcane

I never went.

Which means the box has returned to inXile and they can give it to someone else as replacement. You didn't do them any disservice.
The only loser here is you.

But I guess that's what you meant by sad story.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Hey guise, watch how I took epic revenge on Fargo by...gifting him back $1000 worth of collector items he can now resell to somebody else. That will show him.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Which means the box has returned to inXile and they can give it to someone else as replacement. You didn't do them any disservice.
The only loser here is you.

But I guess that's what you meant by sad story.

You guys have some awfully peculiar ideas about how I feel or why I didn't pick up the package.

Yes, I know could have sold it on eBay. I don't need the money and I don't care.

Yes, I'm sure the package was returned to inXile. No doubt it was just a tiny logistics detail. In no way did I think that I was mounting some sort of protest or depriving them of materiel.

The point is that I was at one time excited enough to pledge a nice sum of money, but that by the end, when the dust cleared, I didn't even care enough to pick up the package. In fact, the only reason I'm even spending these couple of minutes posting is because I know a few people will find it slightly amusing and blow a bit of air out of their nostrils.

That's all, really. As for "getting back at" inXile, the game, or whatever it is some of you are imagining, there's really nothing I need to do because it already failed hard on its own.

Or to put it another way:

ba15fbb496.png

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Well, I am actually curious if you could've unloaded it on ebay. I'm still trying to get rid of my W2 CE for some months now.
Have not tried to sell this one yet since at least for now I don't consider it quite as bad to need to remove it from my house.

Blaine if you must, you could gift your copy to me so I can re-sell it on ebay, or maybe to entertain you I will publish a edgy review of the game

Btw, were new patches released or is the game still bugged as hell? Planning to buy it from g2a given how shitty it turned out

Ulfhednar

Savant
Btw, were new patches released or is the game still bugged as hell? Planning to buy it from g2a given how shitty it turned out
InXile has abandoned their still-birth - future patches very unlikely.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom