Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Thread

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
This goes to show that you don't make any attempt to understand leftism whatsoever other than reading clickbait on rightwing media.
Not gonna start actually arguing politics here. Just that lefties seem to favor this game.

You mean lefties of a certain brand are more likely to offer participation awards to the game.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Guess you missed when the developers of the game did that themselves.

But hey, it's Dildolos, so no surprise.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
better writing than Numenera

C-ueQ2pWAAMECYM.jpg:large

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Some of that chart is ...I wouldn't say wrong, but simplistic and reductionist. It's a very American understanding of the issue. Also, "community based on ethics" and "community based on morals" is essentially the same thing, as ethics is the philosophy of morality.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Some of that chart is ...I wouldn't say wrong, but simplistic and reductionist. It's a very American understanding of the issue. Also, "community based on ethics" and "community based on morals" is essentially the same thing, as ethics is the philosophy of morality.

ethics refer to rules provided by an external source, e.g., codes of conduct in workplaces or principles in religions.
morals refer to an individual’s own principles regarding right and wrong

(I was wondering how time would pass until you'll show up and start to bitch )

Lacrymas

Arcane
ethics refer to rules provided by an external source, e.g., codes of conduct in workplaces or principles in religions.

(I was wondering how time would pass until you'll show up and start to bitch )

Then that doesn't make sense in this context. How can a community/government be based on individual morality/morals? That's contradictory, that would mean there can be no laws and no judicial system, something a government wouldn't want. Unless they mean it's based on instilling a certain set of morals they find attractive, which is actually ethics by that definition.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
People get so angry when I accidently double someone's avatar, I'm seriously tempted to just do that every week from now on. I think next week maybe I'll become Blaine and start making posts praising Hilary and post a lot of vegan recipes.

Iznaliu

Arbiter

Additionally, while this might not meet the technical philosophical definition of the terms, to me, morals indicate a kind of right and wrong that is seen as unimpeachable and natural (natural law and all that), while "ethics" indicate a more statistically-driven, benefit-based, humanistic right and wrong.

Lacrymas

Arcane
All morals fall under the umbrella of ethics, there is no way around that. "Unimpeachable" or "natural" morals are what is called "moral realism" in ethics, with the main criticism being how different people or cultures can have different opinions of whether a thing is right or wrong (f.e., tribes in Uganda (or wherever it was) killing their firstborn daughters) if we have access to moral facts. Feelings are not moral knowledge. I'd say the difference in only this very specific context is that ethics refers to a whole group of morals, while a moral is some specific rule/standard.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
All morals fall under the umbrella of ethics, there is no way around that. "Unimpeachable" or "natural" morals are what is called "moral realism" in ethics, with the main criticism being how different people or cultures can have different opinions of whether a thing is right or wrong (f.e., tribes in Uganda (or wherever it was) killing their firstborn daughters) if we have access to moral facts. Feelings are not moral knowledge. I'd say the difference in only this very specific context is that ethics refers to a whole group of morals, while a moral is some specific rule/standard.
You are pretty right on this one,but remember that you are most likely talking to an americans. Their "moral" views are totally fucked.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
People get so angry when I accidently double someone's avatar, I'm seriously tempted to just do that every week from now on. I think next week maybe I'll become Blaine and start making posts praising Hilary and post a lot of vegan recipes.

With this new Avatar, are you trying to tell us something? Are you coming out?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Seriously though, why can't we pick our own custom avatars?
I don't like it when people change their avatars. Most people remember other people by their avatars and it is annoying to relearn the new avatar of someone. Assholes that change their avatar more than once a year should be shot! Some assholes do this to run away from their reputation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom