Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Tormentum - Dark Sorrow

OhNoo

Educated
Hello,

We are OhNoo Studio from Poland, we created a campaign on IndieGoGo for our first game - Tormentum.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tormentum-dark-sorrow

Thanks for support!

More screens:
http://ohnoo.com/presspack/tormentum_indiegogo/

Tormentum is a surreal adventure game, featuring moral choices.

hang.png

The action of the game is set in a dark world, veering between dreams and nightmare. The main protagonist, that the player takes control over, doesn't remember his name nor the place where he came from. Visiting new lands, he slowly starts to uncover the truth about himself.

The dreamlike atmosphere featured in the game was inspired by the works of a Polish painter, Zdzislaw Beksinski, and a recently deceased Swiss painter, H.R.Giger, among others.

07.png

box.png

02.png

04.png

Please, Support us!

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
OhNoo Is the game inspired by Planescape Torment? The name and premise would suggest so.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Backed, because looks decent, and you're fellow potatoes.

Things to note:
1) get a nice and proper editor for English version - nothing kills an adventure faster than terrible writing. Judging from the example text on the screenshot, you need one. Go for native speaker, with some literary talent.
2) voice actors - either get some good ones, or skip on voice. Personally, I prefer more and better writing to voiceovers. The dude doing trailer sucks major balls.
3) don't hope for warm welcome here. Your work will be criticized mercilessly, but some of the posters here really know their adventure games.

Cadmus

Arcane
Please, Support us!
Fuck you.

But the art looks gorgeous! I hope the game works out!

What you're saying about PST not being an inspiration sounds at the very best delusional though.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Whoa the art looks amazing.

If the indiegogo campaign is successful, I suggest doing a Kickstarter one too (through UK), you'll probably get double the money you got from indiegogo.

Trailer:

OhNoo

Educated

Things to note:
1) get a nice and proper editor for English version - nothing kills an adventure faster than terrible writing. Judging from the example text on the screenshot, you need one. Go for native speaker, with some literary talent.
2) voice actors - either get some good ones, or skip on voice. Personally, I prefer more and better writing to voiceovers. The dude doing trailer sucks major balls.
3) don't hope for warm welcome here. Your work will be criticized mercilessly, but some of the posters here really know their adventure games.

Thank you for the tips!
1) we are going to search a good English editor as soon as we finish the game so that he/she can play it by himself/herself and write with understanding the medium.
2) We are for skipping the voice becouse there is too many NPCs in the game and we can not afford for such many actors.
3) yes we are ready to be crushed but frankly after 2 years of working on this game we really do not care about whiners. We just want to finish this game.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014

Things to note:

Thank you for the tips!
1) we are going to search a good English editor as soon as we finish the game so that he/she can play it by himself/herself and write with understanding the medium.
2) We are for skipping the voice becouse there is too many NPCs in the game and we can not afford for such many actors.
3) yes we are ready to be crushed but frankly after 2 years of working on this game we really do not care about whiners. We just want to finish this game.

No VA? Perfect! I prefer voiceless adventures anyways since I see them as more like books and VA tends to bloat a game's budget, in my humble opinion.

Glad to hear you are looking for a proper English editor as it is kind of jarring to see things such as definitive articles (a, an, the) missing in sentences and that just rustles my jimmies more than bugs :D

So where can I throw my polonian monopoly money to ensure this gets made properly?

OhNoo

Educated
Today our game has been greenlit !!!
smile.gif
After 23 days! Tnx for support!

We still have to finish our indiegogo campaign. If you like our game and want to help pleaseee share link to Tormentum campaign: http://igg.me/at/Tormentum/x/7378278

Thanks ^^.

PS. Everyone who buys the game through our Indiegogo page for 9$ will get a key Steam when the game releases!

made

Arcane
Looks gorgeous. Nice to see a grimdarkmature adventure for a change.

How about a Codex feature to raise awareness? Ain't without precedent and the game does have Torment in the name...

OhNoo

Educated

Gondolin

Arcane
Hello!

A few days ago we have released the demo so if you like you can download and play it by yourself:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k2t3gobibpwole3/Tormentum_demo_win_ENG.zip
https://www.dropbox.com/s/aj1plavbbycsgbe/Tormentum_demo_OSX_ENG.zip

I have also a good news! We've reached our goal of $9,000 on Indiegogo :)
http://igg.me/at/Tormentum/x/7378278
Thank you so much for your support :)

Ps. We promise that we will improve texts in the game :)

Congratulations on a successful KS campaign. Hope you bring out a good game.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Hello!

A few days ago we have released the demo so if you like you can download and play it by yourself:

I just played the demo:

Visuals and music are excellent. I love Tormentum's atmosphere, it reminds me a lot of I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream and the Dark Seed games.

The writing was better than expected, it's good that there is no distracting mediocre VA.

I'm no fan of the hidden object gameplay, everything is very static, there are no walking animations.

Demo is very short (10-15 minutes), very straightforward and very easy, hopefully the full game is less casual.

Game window was surrounded by oppressing black bars (it goes well with the theme I guess...), why did you guys decide to use such a low resolution (something like 1280x800)?

90kyuie.jpg

I will buy on day 1 if the full game has more challenging puzzles and has a reasonable length.

Last edited:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It was not a scam? These people are ruining Polish reputation in the world!

Seriously though, it *looks* promising, visually. Hopefully it will be good.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
OhNoo Did you guys ever get a native English-speaker to localize the text? If I recall, that was something you considered during the fundraising stage.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Come March 2015, dark clouds will gather around Steam with the Tormentum première. The new trailer was released today.

This dark point-and-click adventure game, inspired by the works of H. R. Giger, among others, launches on March 4. At the heart of the game, you will find darkness and surrealism, all finished with an ominous music score.

The creators of Tormentum, bored with conventional fantasy and sci-fi style, ventured to build one of the strangest and most surrealist worlds ever seen in adventure games. If you ever wondered what "Dark Seed 3" would look like, here is your answer.

"We value original and interesting places with the capacity to surprise and amaze. Constructing the various Tormentum locations, we aimed at creating a strange world full of surrealism that would allow the players to explore the game's universe and interpret it in their own way.", said Piotr Ruszkowski, illustrator from OhNoo Studio.

A dark hopeless world, inhabited by grim characters and hideous creatures. The player takes control over a nameless protagonist who wakes up one day only to discover he has been locked in a metal cage attached by chains to a large flying machine. The only vague memory he manages to recollect, with great difficulty, is a faint image of a statue of a woman surrounded by a forest of stone hands. Our hero, in search for truth about himself, travels through three lands composed of nearly 80 locations. The dark illustrations are perfected with an exquisite grim soundtrack.

Roaming through the lands, the hero faces moral choices that will impact the course of the game. This way, the developers have been able to create a non-linear storyline and offer various end scenarios, depending on the choices made by the hero.

It is worth mentioning that in 2014, in order to finish Tormentum, its developers managed to collect over $11,000 through a crowdfunding website, Indiegogo. Wait until 4 March and see if the dark world of Tormentum meets the expectations of the players. The full adventure will cost $11.99. The game will premiere on Steam with 20% discount.
Screens from Tormentum are available at the Steam online shop:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/335000

Availability and system requirements The game will premiere on 4 March, on both Steam platform and in Mac App Store simultaneously. In order to run properly, the game requires Intel® Core™ 2 Duo 2 GHz and 2 GB RAM.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom