Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Toxikk - A proper FPS on Unreal Engine?

Leechmonger

Arbiter
I played this game when there was only one map. Redownloaded to give it another go but every server I tried joining said that my Skill Class (TM) was too high, which was retarded curious because my SC was 1. After finally joining and finishing one game my Skill Class was updated to 9 which explains why I can't join the vast majority of matches. Basically what I'm saying is fuck this game.

PS: holy shit the hit detection in this game

Last edited:

ortucis

Prophet
OK, since I am impatient, I decided to jump into MP after just playing one map against bots. Luckily, match making threw me into that same map (after throwing me into few other maps which I had no clue aboot).

Here's the video:

YouTube is still processing the video so 1080p & 60fps options will show up soon.. bloody Google.

I posted my last impression under the video. Not a bad game but I got bored of these arena shooters after UT2K4, so have no interest in these anymore. Also, forcing people to use match-making which throws you in games with over 400 ping is just stupid. If you are pretending to go back to 1999, at least bundle your freakin demo with server browser.

Also, people keep dropping in and out. At one point there were more reds to kill then at the end only 2 reds remained. People get killed they don't wanna play anymore, so they abandon their teams.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
The game is pretty decent. Engine is smooth and slick and game plays pretty well, and graphics look nice enough as well. Weapons are a bit underwhelming though. They are not bad and the model looks nice but the actual shot and sound seem rather generic and weak.

That said, launch appears to be have been a dud. Not that many players and that's counting the fact you can play it for free.

Then again, i had actually forgotten this thing existed until the news of its release popped up. Maybe now that it is out it'll pick up some buzz.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
The game is pretty shit. And you know why? Mouse input is fucked up.

To their defense UE4 engine is doing the mouse input filtering. It can be deactivated: http://www.nimbleminds.eu/index.php/Thread/5609-toxikk-tipps/

But then you cannot hit shit because everybody is bunny hopping and ... you will never reach the kill count of the guy camping the "boomstick". Unless you are the one doing the camping.

This could be fixed by larger maps and multiple spawns for the weapons/boomstick but I cannot give a fuck at this point.

The weapons design is the only good thing about this game. Everything else is forgettable.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Bbbut Anita Armenian sez every game is about oppressing women.

Anyways, downloading this now, will see what all the hate is about.

ortucis

Prophet

To their defense UE4 engine is doing the mouse input filtering. It can be deactivated: http://www.nimbleminds.eu/index.php/Thread/5609-toxikk-tipps/

Wait, this is Unreal Engine 4? I thought it was UDK (UE3).. it looks like it. Wow.

Anyway, yeah, I had to keep messing with mouse sensitivity in the video I posted (I did before that as well, not in the video). Something was really weird with that.

But then you cannot hit shit because everybody is bunny hopping and ... you will never reach the kill count of the guy camping the "boomstick". Unless you are the one doing the camping.
Haha, yeah, that's why I was always rushing for the rocket launcher and even waited for it to spawn (in the video). It's the only good weapon.

Well, my second favorite is the assault rifle (which is a weaker weapon than plasma rifle, if you press R plasma is selected over it) because secondary fires grenade launcher. It got me some kills in close quarters as well.

Basically, the only weapons that work are weapons with splash damage. Unless you are one of those people with super godly aim.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Wait, this is Unreal Engine 4? I thought it was UDK (UE3).. it looks like it. Wow.

Anyway, yeah, I had to keep messing with mouse sensitivity in the video I posted (I did before that as well, not in the video). Something was really weird with that.

To be honest, I have no idea which version of UE the game is build upon. I assumed it was the latest (UE4) but from config it seems they are using UDK which is UE3 as you said.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Game looks derivative and generic as shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom