Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Transistor - sci-fi action-RPG from the makers of Bastion

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
For those who don't want to listen to TotalBastard, there's a version out where he's blessfully silent.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
In the highly unlikely event that the game actually requires you to put some thought into managing your freeze time it could be 'k. I'm not too keen on the visuals/sound and the dialogue has been pretty forgettable so far. But if the combat difficulty ramps up steeply after the tutorial area I might hack'n'slash my way through a not-removed-from-inventory copy. Short bursts of bullet hell punctuated by having to orchestrate a repositioning/damage combo could be fun.

But it'll probably be popamole, solvable by pressing freeze time and mashing attack from behind an enemy.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The sword is massively irritating. Throughout the video I kept wishing for it to shut up. And as the protagonist is mute it will never happen.

Just...just no. Shit hipster music/art combo, weaboo style sci fi banal setting and I bet it's gonna have the same 'heartbreaking' bullshit like Bastion. About as RPG as Mark of the Ninja, although the later is a passable game and this one will be shit.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
The sword is massively irritating. Throughout the video I kept wishing for it to shut up. And as the protagonist is mute it will never happen.

You should play Bastion.

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
Or The Claaaawwww (Th4f). Well, not really a sword, but still... THE CLAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWW!!!!

:yeah:

DraQ

Arcane
Does anyone else find calling a fucking sword "transistor" just deeply embarrassing?
It can join "Irving" (yes, really) on the list of embarrassing sword names.
Yeah. No. Not really.

I don't think anything outclasses "transistor". You sit in front of a box crammed full of transistors playing the game with cybersomething themes implying even more transistors everyfuckingwhere. Then suddenly
:retarded: said:
TRANSISTHURR ITZ DA ONLY ONE!!!11!!ONEONE
And it's a fucking sword.

Is that what it's like to be an arts major?
:flamesaw:

Does anyone else find calling a fucking sword "transistor" just deeply embarrassing?
Also "keyblade" and "buster blade"
Those names are merely descritpitve, true derp is in the design.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Other embarassing sword names: every named sword out there, pretty much. Seriously, outside of actual legendary shit like Excalibur, it's just cheesy bullshit.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Well yeah. Arthur had other named weapons too, I wouldn't really consider those legendary either though. I admittedly don't know jack shit about the french swords. Never been a fan of that mythology.

I was talking about shit like Drizzt's swords having names, despite having no history or significant power whatsoever. If a weapon is named, it should be out of necessity, having such a rich story or set of properties it would be referenced repeatedly. Naming a weapon because names are cool is cheesy.

Though cheesy can be enjoyable on occasion.

Kirtai

Augur
how is that embarrassing exactly?
If not embarrassing then at least facepalm worthy. It's definitely not the sort of name you'd expect for an ancient magic sword wielded by a great barbarian hero in a high fantasy setting. Though since the barbarian is named Joe I suppose it's fitting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom