Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tree of Savior, Ragnarok Online spiritul saksessur

lms04

Literate
Speaking of that, business model seems to be about convenience and cosmetic cash shop.

Thank god, that is one of my gripes with Korean MMOs: Cash Shops that pretty much sell "winning" the game.
I hope I can get good looking bling(cosmetics) without using the cash shop.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Just released on steam. I'm downloading it due to massive amounts of boredom + the graphics looks nice.

EDIT: Nvm still got a month until the free version.

Last edited:

ayachann

Barely Literate
i used to play ragnarok online during the days. this definitely feeds my nostalgia...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
tosbetagiveaway!

kangaroodev

Educated
Waiting for the free server too, I never got to play ragnarok online in it's prime so this looks like an interesting alternative.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Waiting for the free server too, I never got to play ragnarok online in it's prime so this looks like an interesting alternative.
I wouldn't count on it. It looks like Ragnarok but I hear it downplays a lot of the non-combat parts of it to mostly just make an Action RPG-type game.

kangaroodev

Educated
It's just what I hear from a lot of ragnarok players, either way I don't care too much about that, but the trailer pretty much made me very interested. Neat music, graphics, not focused on instance runs (not sure about this), and a bit more variety than just pressing a skill key. I hope I'm not wrong about this since I can't wait for a mmorpg that makes people focus on groups again, I actually do miss the grinding from old mmorpgs where people just had to stick together to progress, now everything is too solo if you get what I mean.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I was quite interested in picking this up and even spending 10$ to play it a month early, but apparently they won't be releasing EU servers up until a later point in time (if at all)?

J1M

Arcane
Downloaded the client from steam, but it looks like the servers go up tomorrow.

Will be starting on Orsha server.

EDIT: Looks like F2P starts next month and they want money for the next 30 days. So I'm buying FORCED SHOWDOWN instead.

Last edited:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Tree of Savior just started open beta in South Korea earlier this month but things didn't go well as players are raged about the cash shop items and they even staged an in-game protest yesterday. Today Korean publisher Nexon and developer IMC Games announced the direct player trading system will be removed in Tree of Savior for the reason that direct trading will increase the currency traders (bot sellers), thus breaking the in-game economy balance.

20151229035226a0eagye1d3gch64q.jpg

player protest in the game

The "solution" given by Nexon and IMC Games is to let players trade via the auction house. To do so, players have to pay some cash to list items in the auction house and also pay for more duration time if they wish. The default duration time is 3 hours with 2 TP (Tree of Savior Points) but you can pay for 24, 72 and 120 duration hours at a cost of 4, 6 and 8 TP per item.

lol.gif

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
My question is, was the gameplay any good? Since after this, the game will crash into bankruptcy fast.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
EU/NA version doesn't have direct trading either, putting stuff up the AH doesn't cost TP though, only like 1% fee and another 30% if the item gets sold. You can only have 1 item on the AH though, which sucks hard, and once your item sells you'll have to wait 48hours to get your gold.

They immediately put up servers for EU/SEA, the EU one is still on US East though but it's barely noticeable and it will get relocated in may. All in all a fun little game, very ragnarok-esque but with less grind (at least up until level ~150).

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
I don't understand the big deal with no direct trades. I love it. I love auction houses and hate people spamming chat with trade shit. Put it on the fucking auction house. This also stops the gold spammers, right? If so, this is the greatest thing to happen to mmos since the arena.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
It's actually something a lot of korean MMOs have been doing to stop gold-sellers, Black Desert also has absolutely no player-trading whatsoever. The 48hours until you get your gold from the AH is a little silly, 24hours would be more than enough though.

All in all I'm not quite sure whether all these inconveniences that are supposed to stop gold-sellers from destroying the economy of the game is worth the trouble, it's been a while since I played any MMO seriously so I cannot tell how troublesome bots/goldsellers have become over the years.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
They are pretty insane these days. Even in something like WoW, with it's randomly spawning resource nodes in 3d terrain gets filled with bots farming the resources so they can monopolize the auction house. Makes the economy shit for everyone else, because everything costs a ton to buy and sells for fuck all compared to the effort required to farm it yourself. Not that disabling direct trades changes that at all.

Direct trades are also beloved by scam artists though, and I've honestly no idea why anyone would rather use a direct trade than the auction house except among friends where you're just giving stuff away. I've played the auctioneer sim in EQ back in the day, trying to sell stacks of bone chips by spamming chat every 20 seconds so your message is still in the window when people glance down at it; it's annoying as fuck, and then you have to meet the fucker in a sea characters looking for other characters. Good riddance.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
At the end of the day stopping gold-/itemsellers is a fools errand. What you can do however, is inconvenience those that are using these services by restricting trading or putting huge delays on any transfer of ingame currency. While I personally don't like the 48hour window in ToS, I can imagine a lot of people that want to have gold NOW are discouraged when they realize that even when they spend real money they will still have to wait 48 hours to get their stuff. By the time they receive the gold the item they want to use it on may very well have been bought out already or increased in value. ToS does it half-assed though, having played Black Desert aswell I gotta say that in that game gold-sellers have genuinely no chance to profit off of the ingame economy at all.

J1M

Arcane
They are pretty insane these days. Even in something like WoW, with it's randomly spawning resource nodes in 3d terrain gets filled with bots farming the resources so they can monopolize the auction house. Makes the economy shit for everyone else, because everything costs a ton to buy and sells for fuck all compared to the effort required to farm it yourself. Not that disabling direct trades changes that at all.

Direct trades are also beloved by scam artists though, and I've honestly no idea why anyone would rather use a direct trade than the auction house except among friends where you're just giving stuff away. I've played the auctioneer sim in EQ back in the day, trying to sell stacks of bone chips by spamming chat every 20 seconds so your message is still in the window when people glance down at it; it's annoying as fuck, and then you have to meet the fucker in a sea characters looking for other characters. Good riddance.
Does not compute.

Damned Registrations

That's because you dropped the rest of the sentence. Equations generally stop computing when you cut chunks of them out.

J1M

Arcane
That's because you dropped the rest of the sentence. Equations generally stop computing when you cut chunks of them out.
I did not crop your statement. I take issue with your assertion that the difference between "too expensive to buy" and "too cheap to bother collecting" is smaller than the 10% auction house fee.

Damned Registrations

That is not the issue. The issue is that you're competing with chinese being paid 10 cents an hour. For every ore node you find you have to fly past 10 that are mined out already. So you have three options: Spend 12 hours farming the ore yourself, spend 13 hours farming something else and buying the ore (and a couple hours dicking with the auction house too most likely, since your shit will constantly be getting undercut by bots/gold farmers), or spend 1 hour at work, buy some gold, and use that to buy the ore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom