Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

tree of savior thoughts?

deama

Prophet
I'm thinking about trying this out and was wondering what's the opinion about it here; so anyone played it?

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Well i was kind of looking for something like ragnarok online a long time ago and tried out Tree of Savior, it have a few interesting ideas that are not new for games of this type.
Sadly the game have a few issues when it come to how to party, finding information on what builds are "good". The story is well it is what it is. Nothing great or anything like that.
You don't have to pay (from the limited time i played it) to be able to progress. I played it on and off for a while but when they destroyed the character build i had i did not want to start all over again so i quit.

I guess it depends on what kind of game you are looking to play. I have played worse games but this game still have (had?) many issues. The main problem is finding parties for dungeons as you have to stand around at the "dungeon" to find a group instead of having the ability to sign up for it and still have the ability to do stuff. With the low number of players it makes it almost impossible to find a party. Other then that outside the dungeons you will find players running around.

The build can be interesting to play around with, but overall due to the large number of them only a few viable around endgame, they also tend to break a lot of builds. Items are somewhat interesting where you can find a good item even earlier then end game that will last you a long time.

Music was ok, however i have always been a huge fan of chanting the casting of spells. The in game cash store can help you but its not required.

It lacks some character creation options.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom