Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline True Thief 4 Dark Mod is released

MetalCraze

Arcane
The Dark Mod went standalone. I bet it still has issues but at least they are free from Doom 3 limitations and this means they don't have their hands tied anymore for further improvements.

http://www.thedarkmod.com/main/

In addition to going standalone, the following improvements have been made:

AI Improvements: There have been lots of additions and fixes to AI behaviour; characters will now greet each other more regularly, and will properly call for help when they’re in trouble. Guards can now hear slightly better, and we have included a new AI Vision slider to the menu, so the player can adjust how sensitive they want AI vision to be. Characters react to bodies in more varied ways now. A bug that made AI very easy to kill has been fixed. Archers will draw melee weapons if the player gets too close. Guards will turn towards doors that open unexpectedly. There are new vocals for specific situations, like when guards are getting shot at and can’t see their opponent. Searching behaviour has been improved. Plenty of old bugs, like the one where AI would sometimes attack with an empty fist, have been fixed.

New Gameplay: AI can now hear collapsing bodies, especially if the body is wearing plate mail and falls on a hard surface. No longer will a guard stand oblivious while his friend collapses to the ground two feet behind him. The player will have to give some thought to where they take down opponents if there are other guards in the area.

Audio Improvements: In addition to replacing dozens of Doom3 sounds, two new vocal sets have been added to the game. Footstep sounds have been improved. Big changes have been made to the sound propagation system that will allow mappers a lot more control over how players hear sound; for example, mappers can now make doors block different amounts of sound depending on their thickness, or can control how much sound passes through windows or small holes.

Graphical Improvements: You should notice a number of improvements to some character models, especially the skeleton, townsfolk, and beggar characters. Arrows will now leave blood-stains.

There have been plenty of other bug-fixes, like removing the ability to hide in the shadow of an object you’re carrying (no more sneaking under a crate umbrella). See the full change-log here.

AstroZombie

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin
i2dw6R5pUblLU.gif

Last edited:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I seriously hope Eidos doesn't get any ideas over this one. And congratulations to the team, it's been... what, almost 10 years? :bro:

AlexOfSpades

Arcane
There have been plenty of other bug-fixes, like removing the ability to hide in the shadow of an object you’re carrying (no more sneaking under a crate umbrella)

This is hilarious. Anyways, time to download and check it. The website is down though... i suppose it couldnt take so many connections at once?

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Yeah they fell victim to their success. A torrent might be up soon though.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I seriously hope Eidos doesn't get any ideas over this one. And congratulations to the team, it's been... what, almost 10 years? :bro:

There is no reason for Eidos to do anything against it as TDM has its own setting. It's inspired by Thief, but it's far from the same, so they have no legal grounds for a C&D.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Made this thread a Sticky, seems like the right thing to do.

AstroZombie

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin
TDM doesn't mark where you can shoot rope arrows and doesn't tell you when and where to jump, how am I supposed to know?

Gord

Arcane
Too bad, I wanted to check out the Linux version, but the site is still down... :(

Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Man, General Gaming needs to be renamed "General Gaming and Thief Discussion". :)

Tzaero

DEPARTED
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I played the tear mission for 20 minutes, saved, worked on something, and when I loaded it back it said it couldn't load a script.

I just happened to have the same thing happen to me with loading a quick save in requiem.

Ive yet to make a copy of the folder to keep one for seeding though.

*Edit* Fix was found on the forum.
The folder TDM is in must be named "darkmod"

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
Never actually played the Dark Mod for some reason. Best news of 2013.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom