Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Restored Content Mod + M4-78 Droid Planet Mod Thread

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Apparently, there is another Restoration Mod in the works, much like the Team Gizka (it does not restore everything TG has stated they will restore, but it supposedly restores a large portion of it).

We - mainly myself, Stoney, LoH, and some others - for a while now, were working on a little mod to restore all of TSL cut content - including HK Factory, Malachor ending and a lot of other, small stuff on all planets, as well as bug fixes.
Yes, Team Gizka is doing almost the same thing. But don't you think they're working on this for a little too long?

r00fles!

Apparently the mod is actually finished, but now in testing/bug fixing mode.

So now the race is on! Which one shall be finished first? Or are the both vaporware? Stay tuned!

racofer

Thread Incliner
I hope these guys finish the mod using the leaked 1.08 as base, everyone praises them for the quality work, and all of them get offered jobs at Obsidian.

Monocause

Arcane
JrK said:
ADD: http://forums.team-gizka.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5270 I'm surprised at the amount of "yeah finallies" and "TG doesn't care anymores" on the TG forums no less. :lol:

I wasn't surprised. All that cocksucking took place simply because there was no alternative and the silly ones who frequented TG probably thought that constant praise will quicken things. And now, look - a competing mod surfaces and the faithful flock gets to change feathers. And finally show some disappointment.

KKKthulhu.

Educated
I hope they only restore actual things that were there in the game files, instead of trying to add a bunch of extra crap in like TSLRP does.

I haven't played KOTOR II, but perhaps I will if this is released. I've been following the whole Team Gizka drama from time to time, and it's really entertaining. So I sincerely hope that this new mod will be awesome and will dramatically improve KII and will also be technically nearly perfect and a fantastic experience.

*grabs popcorn*

:twisted:
:rpgcodex:

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
I look at my watch... OMG! Look what time it is! It's DRAMA TIME!

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
:honourblade:

I can't wait to see what Darth Windu and the other diehard cocksuckers do next.

mondblut

Arcane
I hope it will get released very quickly. The butthurt at TG will be priceless. Who knows, maybe I'll even play the fucking game.

Source:
Darth InSidious:...But you've got this done a little too quickly IMO; as you and I know, there are no shortcuts.
Darth Windu: All the best to your team Stoney. Like Insidious I find it odd that you've essentially been able to do in weeks what TG took years to do (little bit of KotOR there) BUT I'm not suggesting anything untoward, it just seems strange.
I think this is a promising beginning.

Bonus, according to Insidious over at TG's forums:
Having spoken to Dashus as recently as the day before yesterday:
1. He already knows about DStoney and zbyl2;
2. He's not bothered;
3. He seems to have as much enthusiasm as ever for the RP.

denizsi

Arcane
I find it odd that you've essentially been able to do in weeks what TG took years to do

The terrible realization of finding out that not everyone is a moron like yourself.

Norfleet

Ah, yes, there's nothing quite like the threat of being rendered irrelevant to light a fire under someone's ass.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Jaime Lannister said:
The drama is going to be more entertaining than a finished restoration patch ever will be.
Provided that everything works out alright.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom