Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Restored Content Mod + M4-78 Droid Planet Mod Thread

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Anyway, Atton doesn't have to die at the end (he has to survive the fight with the scarred guy I think).
Really, he basically didn't have the slightest chance. I wonder how to build him that he's capable of defeating that guy.

ps: pm me the details about our first poem date, kthx

Tails

Arbiter
How I dislike sites where I'm forced to create account just to download one freakin file. Anyway great job, gonna try it one day when I finally decide to play KOTOR 2.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
VentilatorOfDoom said:
Why does Atton die at the end FFS?
I thought I didn't remember that happening in the original game. Oh well, I thought it was a nice touch. "It was you who saved me. Joke's on me...haha..."

Powerful moment imo.

Rabidredneck

Liturgist
Atton only dies if he loses his battle against Sion. I usually set him up as a jedi gunslinger and I've never had a problem winning with him.

denizsi

Arcane
Too much shit went on so I don't remember what's what with all the KOTOR2 drama any longer, which I haven't yet played. So, brief me on the options. Is there an equivalent of WESP's bug fixes and restoration patches for Bloodlines?

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
POOPOO MCBUMFACE said:
VentilatorOfDoom said:
Anyway, Atton doesn't have to die at the end (he has to survive the fight with the scarred guy I think).
Really, he basically didn't have the slightest chance. I wonder how to build him that he's capable of defeating that guy.

Jedi him?
Doesn't suffice, Sion hits like a truck. It really was a matter of seconds only. I didn't have remotely the AC necessary obv. Abusing the critical hit exploit with guns apparently works fine as mentioned by some guy above but I don't do such silly stuff.

phanboy_iv

Liturgist
denizsi said:
Too much shit went on so I don't remember what's what with all the KOTOR2 drama any longer, which I haven't yet played. So, brief me on the options. Is there an equivalent of WESP's bug fixes and restoration patches for Bloodlines?

That would be the OP's link.

I played through KOTOR2 with 1.5, it was great. Thought the ending was tops.

Silellak

Cipher
POOPOO MCBUMFACE said:
Kreia's Battle for Telos Mod? Is this starting to turn into a "what I think the game should be" pack instead of a restoration pack, or is that still restored stuff?
I think it refers to this:

"An improvement on the scene with Carth leading the Republic fleet into battle against the Ravager. An animated camera follows Admiral Onasi as he walks into the bridge of the Sojourn, as was originally scripted, and you actually get to see Telos through the windows, and the Sith warship they speak of. Outer space is now all around them, not just halfway around, and the rest of the Sith and Republic fleets is visible. I also made three new models for the crew."

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/The_Battle_of_Telos;97420

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
VentilatorOfDoom said:
POOPOO MCBUMFACE said:
VentilatorOfDoom said:

Jedi him?
Doesn't suffice, Sion hits like a truck. It really was a matter of seconds only. I didn't have remotely the AC necessary obv. Abusing the critical hit exploit with guns apparently works fine as mentioned by some guy above but I don't do such silly stuff.

Jedify him early, build a kickass lightsabre and you're set. I'm a surprised a powergamer such as yourself is having any problem at all with it.

Chefe

Erudite
Is there any way to get rid of the trash mobs? I played the first release of this patch and went to the ruined jedi temple once it asked me to pick a planet. I was impressed that I was able to make it to the starship since glitches and crashes always prevented me from doing that before hand. ANYWAYS I quit playing once inside the temple because fighting through waves of those stupid monsters made me reconsider my life in a way that I hadn't since the time I tried World of Warcraft a few years beforehand. Trash mobs are, like a date who berates the waitress, always a warning sign. So if anyone knows of a mod that reduces that significantly reduces that crap I would be much obliged so I could finally play Obsidian's morally ambiguous virgin masterpiece.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Silellak said:
I think it refers to this
So they restored a broken script? sounds good to me.

I must say I'm impressed. After 1.6 I got the feeling Stoney was starting to burn out, and while Zbyl and one of the beta testers (Hassat Hunter?) still seemed very committed I didn't think they'd keep working on it since they had restored what they wanted and there were no major bugs left. Instead it turns out they've been redoing the fixes from Ulic's mod? wow.

However... have they implemented all his fixes? I see a list of fixes for Peragus but nothing for Prologue or Harbinger. Does this mean they've introduced their own fixes to Peragus, but the bugs (or some of them) Ulic fixed are now back? that would be annoying.

There should be some rule that if a modder vanishes completely others should be able to integrate his fixes provided they credit him properly.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Lockkaliber said:
Jedify him early, build a kickass lightsabre and you're set. I'm a surprised a powergamer such as yourself is having any problem at all with it.

Dunno, I stopped leveling him after lvl 10, and leveled again after turning him Jedi. Is that too late? He had a kickass lightsaber. I didn't use Jal Shey armor but a Mutaki master robe because with his Dex bonus the final AC was higher that way. Still no match for Sion. With his shitty WIS he couldn't hope to overcome Sions saving throws with offensive spells anyway and melee he couldn't stand more than 5 seconds. Maybe I should have used echani stimulans or something. I actually had quite some problems with Sion with the main char too, no serious problems, but my HP were dangerously low a few times. The difference was my WIS was way higher so I could disable him with insanity etc and heal up. But I really didn't remember Sion being that though. Maybe I fucked up somewhere. Maybe I should have neglected WIS and CHA with Atton and focus on raising DEX instead for higher AC. Do you guys play on normal?

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The real question is, do you play on hard? Because it sure sounds like it. Level 10 shouldn't pose any problems, as long as you give him the flurry feats, toughness and some more combat stuff. I play on normal though, and I am not a power gamer by any stretch so I find this peculiar! Unless it's on hard of course, which could explain it. What level is he now btw?

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Fuck I only played this when it originally came out, so only had the shitty 'non sense' ending and dialogue that goes nowhere!

Still liked it though, so if now it's better then I'll get onto it...eventually.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Lockkaliber said:
The real question is, do you play on hard? Because it sure sounds like it. Level 10 shouldn't pose any problems, as long as you give him the flurry feats, toughness and some more combat stuff. I play on normal though, and I am not a power gamer by any stretch so I find this peculiar! Unless it's on hard of course, which could explain it. What level is he now btw?

Of course I played on hard. But I played on hard before too, and this time Sion and Kreia seemed way tougher. E.g. using spells on Kreia was futile, she would resist anything, so all I could do was using LS buffs and whacking away. Plus I had one hell of a time getting handmaiden to win the fight with her sisters too. Required reloads. Don't remember which level I finsihed the game, somewhat late twenties I presume. Maybe the mod beefs the difficulty up a bit?

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Yeah, you are most probably right. I've only played the game on hard once, and that's without the restoration. There is f.e. a pretty large discrepancy between the HK-factory's difficulty and the rest of the game imo. And that's probably the case with Sion as well.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
HK factory was hard as fuck. I ended up just cheating my way through it last time because spending 20 minutes on each fight was boring. I don't remember Sion being a challenge, though. Pretty sure I had Atton stunlock him with force powers or something.

I usually play on hard, but that playthrough might have been on normal, I don't remember.

relootz

Scholar
I guess this is as good as it gets for KOTOR 2 so i should finally replay it.

racofer

Thread Incliner
DramaticPopcorn said:
Yea I can't access this addres. Ping gives timeouts for me. Must be my hardcore Siberian connection.

Their host seems to be as stable as an upside-down pyramid. It comes and goes all the time, sometimes their site is off for a few days before returning.

racofer

Thread Incliner
I'm considering dedicating the time to replay K2 with the aforementioned mod and I would like to know if anyone already did it and if there were many game breaking bugs or major annoyances that you've encountered.

Also what was your impression on the mod? Passable? Good? Mediocre?

Any input is appreciated.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom