Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Two Requests

Severian Silk

1) Change the background color in the CSS sheet of the main page to the same color used by the forums. Currently, when images are turned off in the browser links are very hard to read. Since the page uses a background image, as well, this change wouldl only be noticeable to people who view the page with images turned off (it won't affect anyone else).
2) Please, oh please add a script to the forum allowing us to block/hide all threads by certain users. I know this has been discussed before, but I thought now may be the time to reconsider this.

Mikail said:
1) Change the background color in the CSS sheet of the main page to the same color used by the forums. Currently, when images are turned off in the browser links are very hard to read. Since the page uses a background image, as well, this change wouldl only be noticeable to people who view the page with images turned off (it won't affect anyone else).
2) Please, oh please add a script to the forum allowing us to block/hide all threads by certain users. I know this has been discussed before, but I thought now may be the time to reconsider this.
First suggestion seconded, when I occasionally access the Internet on dial up, I always turn off images in the browser. The Codex is barely readable when I do that.

For the second one, just don't click the threads made by retards. It isn't that hard. And besides, there is a couple of Mozilla-extensions that allow for blocking of users in phpBB-based forums, bet there is one for hiding the threads of certain users as well. If you don't use a Mozilla-based browser, switch.

Fez

Erudite
Is it really that hard to scroll by the posts you don't want to read? No one is forcing you to stop and read the retarded trolling. As DP mentioned, there are some extensions that can help out if you really do find it so impossible to use the scroll wheel to go past without reading. It almost seems childish to demand a way to sulk and have an internet version of sticking your fingers in your ears and going "LALALA, I CAN'T HEAR YOU".

Astromarine

Erudite
agreed. However, past a certain signal-to-noise threshold, it just becomes more trouble than it's worth.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"For the second one, just don't click the threads made by retards."

I don't make too many thread outside of review threads. Sorry.

Volourn said:
"For the second one, just don't click the threads made by retards."

I don't make too many thread outside of review threads. Sorry.
When you go to such extremes as making a topic, chances are high that it's actually is worth a read. That being said, this board has its fair share of retards which that most certainly doesn't apply to. Also, just because the retard ratio is as high at it is, an ignore function just seem plain stupid for me. Most threads won't make any sense if you were to ignore them all.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
I agree. When I see a thread, or post I don't want to read; i don't read it. Like that Deathclaw fanfic one. :roll:

Severian Silk

Fez said:
Is it really that hard to scroll by the posts you don't want to read?
It's hard to detect people's posts with images turned off.

spacemoose

Erudite
Mikail said:

no. this would really kill the spirit of this place

Stalagmite

Scholar
A serious request.

Make a history of the Codex locked forum somewhere and make a timeline about the most important, landmarking, or dramtic events that shaped the web-site.

It might help people understand the site better considering this web-site is getting more popular and more new members are arriving constantly.

Nedrah

Erudite
More popular?
People are arriving?
Didn't they get the memo or something?

Uz0rnaem

Scholar
I don't really see a need for such a sophisticated archive (you know, with marked "highlights"), even though it's great to be able to call someone inconsistent and self contradictory, by pointing him to a post he made five years ago, where he CLEARLY said he didn't like "Caddyshack 2", but now he acts like he always liked it. What a lying sack of shit!!!!!

Anyway, I think a "funny" Wiki would be enough. Pooper should do it. But generally, the Codex history isn't really as interesting as some recent members seem to think. It's the story of every fucking website + Rex induced drama and the worst running gag in the history of human kind "YUO HAV 2 EQUIPS TEH RING TO DO THAT LOL".

I die a little everytime I hear that :cry:

Severian Silk

Thanks, to whomever brofisted me in this 9 year old thread.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom