Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Two Worlds II DLC - now with multiplayer and microtransactions!

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Topware announced production of Two Worlds III, along with DLC and overhaul updates for Two Worlds II

"TopWare Interactive and Reality Pump studios have some exciting news! We are pleased to announce that after earning multiple awards and selling over ten million units, Reality Pump Studios has officially begun work on the third part of our blockbuster RPG series, Two Worlds!

1302940.jpg

1302942.jpg

1302944.jpg

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167016-Two-Worlds-III-Development-Officially-Announced

Doktor Best

Arcane
Are the first two worth any attention for me as a huge gothic fan? They've been lurking in my gog library for some time and ive been thinking about giving them a spin.

Angthoron

Arcane
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Not really. They're sorta bland but relatively competent? Best thing I can say about 2W2 is that it's "better than Risen 2 and 3".

Take that praise as you will.

Athelas

Arcane
They really didn't stop to consider any sequel potential when they came up with the title of the first game, did they?

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
Are the first two worth any attention for me as a huge gothic fan? They've been lurking in my gog library for some time and ive been thinking about giving them a spin.

I was trying to work out how to describe TW2, and then it hit me. Oblivion using Divinity 2 technology and artists, but with none of the good bits of either.

Geckabor

Savant
I'd actually recommend Risen 2-3 over Two Worlds 1-2. In my opinion, Risen's combat system is better (or rather sucks less) and they still kind of have a bit of the Gothic flair in dialogues. TW doesn't really feel like it has any positives to make up for the bad/mediocre parts.

Deleted member 7219

The first 2W was fun, especially the loot system.

It really was. Two Worlds was one of the best games to play when listening to a podcast. You don't want to think, you just want to play something that lets you kill things while listening to something else. The loot system made looting actually mean something (besides getting stuff to sell for gold), because you could combine multiple copies of the same item together to make a better one.

The graphics were also really good for the time, much better than Oblivion's at any rate. The writing and voice acting were really shit though.

You can't compare it to Gothic, it is much worse than Gothic 1-3... but it is better than Gothic 4. That's probably not saying much.

I couldn't get into Two Worlds 2.

Angthoron

Arcane
I'd actually recommend Risen 2-3 over Two Worlds 1-2. In my opinion, Risen's combat system is better (or rather sucks less) and they still kind of have a bit of the Gothic flair in dialogues. TW doesn't really feel like it has any positives to make up for the bad/mediocre parts.
Well, this is fair. I actually completed R2 and R3, unlike TW games.

m_s0

Arcane
How desperate are you?

If all you care about is killing stuff, loot, and the whole Skinner box aspect, regardless of how the systems work or feel, then go for it.
after earning multiple awards and selling over ten million units

What? How? :retarded:
Regular 90% discounts just about everywhere. Hey, look, it's on sale right now. I can't explain the awards part, though.

Turjan

Arcane
Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
IIRC, it used to be in vogue on the Codex to mock CD Projekt for their pretension about The Witcher when a no-name shovelware dev like Reality Pump was moving about as many copies as they were. No longer relevant after Witcher 3 of course.

tormund

Arcane
I liked first Two Worlds. It had huge, pretty and varied world that was fun to explore and actually felt hand crafted with loads of cool shit to discover, and its gameplay was completely broken in a way that would probably trigger bunch of devoted RPG fans around here, but it made it more fun for me (like how player could infinitely keep combining aror pieces and weapons for same type).

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Color me surprised. There was info about TW3 when it was almost imminently canned, due to publisher bankruptcy.
Played TW1, was fun to collect stuff, bash stuff and combining stuff (items and spells).
Tried TW2 three times, two times clean and once with Worldmerge mod. Managed to beat tutorial once. Never went back again.

Believe or not, it have better combat than Twitcher 1 and 2 (didn't played Wild Hunt).

PS. new EARTH 21xx plz

Gerrard

Arcane
I tried playing the first game. For 24 minutes. Some things that were excusable in a game from 2001 are not excusable in a game from 2007.
We need darker screenshots.
We want the Souls audience.

Last edited:

Outmind

Augur
I've only played tw2, and the best thing about that game was the totally underused savanna environment. Felt refreshing and different than the same ol hills and meadows we see in most games.

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
i only played tw1 for a couple hours

how the fk did these guys get enough money to make a 2nd let alone 3rd lol

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom