Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Two Worlds II DLC - now with multiplayer and microtransactions!

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
selling over ten million units

:what:

So even potato shovelware can sell an insane amount of copies as long as you hype it like there's no tomorrow and scream OBLIVIAN KILLER!!1 from the rooftops? I wonder if they will send enough Dorito crates around to warrant Two Worlds Tuesdays this time.

tormund

Arcane
To be fair, they have been out for ages now, and they are often deeply discounted, not to mention how they are bundled at least once in every two months...

Perkel

Arcane
Fuck yes !

This is best case of shit awesome rpg.

Spent shitload of time on tw2 as mage. Imho tw2 mage class is way and above more fun to play than playing mage in almost any other game.

Some of spells were hilarious like combining few of them making shield out of rotating dead bodies or high as fuck jumping

Get on youtube and see for yourself magick system.

Hope they will delate all other skills and go full mage

pippin

Two Worlds 1 is one of the best explorefag rpgs since Morrowind, I wouldn't really consider it to be a Gothic clone since the faction stuff seems to be rather superficial, and the game aimed to be a strong competitor to Oblivion's place as "best rpg for people with ADHD".
However, I don't really know how in the fuck are they able to get away with developing and publishing new games. EVERYONE knows they are a shady business.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
:shredder::mrpresident::d1p::outrage:

:positive:

In all seriousness, surprised Reality Pump can still come up with this after that pirate game debacle.

IIRC, it used to be in vogue on the Codex to mock CD Projekt for their pretension about The Witcher when a no-name shovelware dev like Reality Pump was moving about as many copies as they were. No longer relevant after Witcher 3 of course.
Maybe that's why CD Projekt lured most of Reality Pump's developers.

There's an interview with Reality Pump CEO in that pirate thread about this, can't be arsed to look it up.

Last edited:

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Looks pretty, as they all have, but if there are more of those locked doors gating you out of content I swear I'll... I'll... well, I'll certainly not like it!

Got bored and left

Huh, very odd. I was under the impression that Reality Pump went bankrupt and ceased to exist a year ago. Did Topware just pump millions of potatos into the corpse, or did the developer start dealing in human trafficking?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
2 was worse than Oblivion in terms of generic and uninteresting copy/paste dungeons.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
How they survived total flop of Raven Cry aka Vendetta is beyond me. Either someone play with their corpse and want to bait some cash or whatever.
And lol new DLCs for TW2. No fkn way I try it again.

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
Apparently Two Worlds is going for 1,19€ on Steam. Maybe it's time to try it. :M

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
How they survived total flop of Raven Cry aka Vendetta is beyond me. Either someone play with their corpse and want to bait some cash or whatever.
Two Turds II pirate DLC was best part of the game tbh.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Two Turds II pirate DLC was best part of the game tbh.

Damn, I tried to play it and reach the DLC but gave up. Maybe. One. More. Time.

PS. I reminded myself about outrage at the release, when people found that 3/4 of the world map is exclusive to the multiplayer. Worldmerge mod connected them into one but still - it stink.

pippin

Steam versions of 2 Worlds 1 and 2 have Topware DRM, just so you guys know.

Turjan

Arcane
And people say selling games in bundles dont make you much of a profit.
It's interesting, isn't it? The bundle I linked must have been some kind of an experiment. It has been running now since 2013. It started with a price of $3.74 and ran only "for a few days", or that was the impression they wanted to give. What actually happened was that they took a short break during the Steam winter sale and started new as soon as that one finished, just for $4.99. Later they put timers on the bundle a few times, which was accompanied by email ads (ending soon!), but only for the same purpose: stop the bundle during a big Steam sale. The bundle price dropped with the base prices. Nowadays, sales of the bundle must be so low that they don't care about stopping it for Steam sales anymore. It's still there though, so I guess it still sells.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
10 million sales just from a bundle? And some companies complain about piracy..... there is a solution as we see, low price.

Turjan

Arcane
10 million sales just from a bundle? And some companies complain about piracy..... there is a solution as we see, low price.
It's not only that. It's a two-pronged approach. As I said, the bundle was stopped for big sales elsewhere. So when Steam gave you 75% off, the bundle had a break so people thought they got a good sale price on Steam. Of course, there's also always people who would not buy a bundle, and they have to cater to those.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Two Worlds are some of the finest shit RPGs there are. TW2 was a huge disappointment in terms of exploration though. Hopefully they go back to one big open map like in the first game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom