Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Two Worlds II DLC - now with multiplayer and microtransactions!

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So is the first 2 games worth 2 or 3 dollars? I see they are on sale 80 to 90 percent often on steam

janior

Arcane
Vatnik
So is the first 2 games worth 2 or 3 dollars? I see they are on sale 80 to 90 percent often on steam
Not even worth pirating, not worth your hard drive space and don't even think about installing this shit on your ssd.
This is the kind of game that you would accidentally get by buying corn flakes at the mall.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
2-3 euros/dollars is hardly anything but it's not about the money, it's about your time. You could spend that 20-50 hours these kind of open world games take to do something a lot more worthwhile and productive with your life.

Xenich

Cipher
Are the first two worth any attention for me as a huge gothic fan? They've been lurking in my gog library for some time and ive been thinking about giving them a spin.

First was not bad, but suffered from power inflation very early on. When you first start, NPCs are hard, can kill you very easily and fights can take some time to win. Later on (much much earlier than you would expect), you become so powerful that you one shot everything and it becomes some pointless face roll. Its story is not horrible, but it can't carry the games problems when game play becomes mundane. The game is pretty open though, so it has exploration and the danger of such going for it. It seemed that scaling wasn't present or was not overly noticeable.

The second one is your typical console face roll "look at meh ma!" hack and slash fest with the "appearance" of open world, but really just a linear cattle herder all with invisible wall guides to keep you on track. If you liked the dumbed down progression of Risen to its current form, then you won't be bothered too much about them killing this franchise.

Xenich

Cipher
I found TW to be horribly boring. It felt like an offline MMORPG. In a very, very bad way.

It did feel like an MMO, which for me was fine if they didn't destroy it by putting in all the typical mechanics that make MMOs feel like a gimmick (fast travel everywhere, kill x quests, and various other gimmicks). I think I read that all those things were not planned on being in the game (they were going for a more traditional style of open world play), but copied a lot of the mainstream MMO features to draw in the audiences. The first one, if you could mod out the fast travel, adjust the balance of mobs to keep that difficulty curve of the start of the game throughout, and remove some of the mundane quests, the game would have been quite good, even with its horrible voice acting.

pippin

When you first start, NPCs are hard, can kill you very easily and fights can take some time to win.

If you don't stray away from the path you're supposed to be following, you'll do fine, though. I wonder if this game has level scaling, because you'll def. find enemies who are way stronger than you if you just explore at level 1. If it has level scaling, then it's not as gross as it was in Oblivion.

Xenich

Cipher
When you first start, NPCs are hard, can kill you very easily and fights can take some time to win.

If you don't stray away from the path you're supposed to be following, you'll do fine, though. I wonder if this game has level scaling, because you'll def. find enemies who are way stronger than you if you just explore at level 1. If it has level scaling, then it's not as gross as it was in Oblivion.

I am not sure about the "any" scaling, there may be some subtle amounts, but I don't think so. For the most part, there is a clear difference between levels of areas and mobs. I think what may be the biggest problem is the fact that you gain power too quickly and being to invalidate a lot of the content. You can still find difficult fights here and there, but most become just a means of wading through destroying anything that you touch. I think some better balancing on that power gain could help reduce a lot of the issues. Personally, I hate scaling, it kills the whole "power" achievement process of an RPG game system. That said, I think a lot of games don't put enough care into that progression. Yeah, if I go off in a corner and grind my way up and then go do the content when its beneath me, sure... that is my fault, but I shouldn't outpace the content just by playing as it was intended. Two Worlds 1 very quickly ends up with everything being just a formality to the progression of the story.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Two Worlds 2 was kind of charming in certain ways. The Spell creation system was above-meh and the art style / setting was interesting.
It's definitely not great.. But you can sink a decent amount of hours if your bored.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
TopWare revealed that the series has sold over ten million units

Developer Reality Pump and Publisher Topware Interactive have announced that Two Worlds III is in development and that the previous installment in the series, Two Worlds II, is set to receive new DLC

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter
pray tell verily where can i find the merchant, you piss-faced cur?

Your forgot to include 'Mayhap' and 'Forsooth' in that sentence.

I also remember a really retarded prerendered cut scene early in the game where the main Hero gets offered information about his missing sister in exchange for doing a quest or something. As he agrees, the camera zooms in on his horribly modeled face as he declares: "I do not have sufficient time!" just as you think the camera is going to zoom up his nose , it fades to black.

The scene is so stupid and awkward it is burned into my mind. Even though the game is shit, I still love the first Two Worlds game.

Might get me bashed here, but something feels old school about it.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Reality Pump is alive?
175849007.jpg

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Surprising that this is getting made. TW2 tried to be both a Gothic game and a Bethesda game and wound up just having a big dull open world without enough detail to support the more traditionally detailed RPG gameplay and story they also attempted to have. Though I will say that it was better than its competitor of the time (Oblivion).

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I must admit I had fun with TW2s casting system with cards. There was some pretty crazy spell combos in that game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom