Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Two Worlds II DLC - now with multiplayer and microtransactions!

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Looking forward to new rant sprees on the Steam forums by a certain CEO.

made

Arcane
Are the first two worth any attention for me as a huge gothic fan? They've been lurking in my gog library for some time and ive been thinking about giving them a spin.
How desperate are you?

If all you care about is killing stuff, loot, and the whole Skinner box aspect, regardless of how the systems work or feel, then go for it.
after earning multiple awards and selling over ten million units

What? How? :retarded:
Regular 90% discounts just about everywhere. Hey, look, it's on sale right now. I can't explain the awards part, though.
This might:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...developer-publisher-accused-of-bribery.56100/

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Two Worlds huge flaw is simply that it is surrounded by a much better competition, and time-wasters can't afford mediocrity: most players don't want to play 50 hours of superior games and say "done with it, what other similar games do I play for 50 more hours now?" If you want a typical a-RPG after you are done with Gothic or Dark Souls, you play Bloodborne, Lords of the Fallen, Amalur, Venetica, Divinity 2 or Shadow of Mordor, but certainly not Gothic 4, Bound by Flame or Two Worlds. Are they bad, horrible to the point of being impossible to enjoy? A lot of people think so, some don't, but it still doesn't change the fact that if a genre is overcrowded, you cannot afford to be average. You either need something unique to offset how average you are, or you need to be so well-crafted that most people won't mind the lack of imagination. For the life of me, I cannot imagine a backlog of action-RPGs where Two Worlds would stand out.

This is a fair point but I would argue that Two Worlds does provide a sort of unique setting for the first few hours.. and when it first came out, you didn't have Witcher 3 and Skyrim to dick around in endlessly with mods out the ass.
Going forward though.. Two Worlds 3 better bring something new to the table because this open world market is getting very cluttered.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
While certainly not perfect, the first two games certainly had... charm.
Not sure what kind of charm it was, though. Some mixture between trash and hidden gem charm, maybe.

Still, I'd certainly play this if it doesn't cost too much...

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The first Two Worlds had this inexplicable charm that you can only get with a complete piece of shit of a game. The hammy dialogue and voice acting wouldn't have worked in any other game and there's sprinklings of good design in just enough quantities to make it a short-lived, but memorable romp (for better or worse). The second game's attempt to hide away the first's shovelware roots really made it less interesting, I think.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
The first Two Worlds had this inexplicable charm that you can only get with a complete piece of shit of a game. The hammy dialogue and voice acting wouldn't have worked in any other game and there's sprinklings of good design in just enough quantities to make it a short-lived, but memorable romp (for better or worse). The second game's attempt to hide away the first's shovelware roots really made it less interesting, I think.

The voice acting and "We take ourselves serious" cutscenes were just as hilarious and cringe worthy.
When a product is shitty and self-aware it sucks the fun out of it.. Two Worlds 2 tried to be serious and fails horribly. It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion.. I enjoyed it a lot.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Two Worlds 2 had some passable rooftop-jumping, which is way more than be said for later TES.*

*Not counting Balmora.

FUDU

Arcane
Looking forward to see what they come up with. Liked the magic system in 2W2. Was pretty fun. I never play mages, but I wanted to try it out.

DramaticPopcorn

TW2 was excellent stylistically but everything else about it was horrible.

The first 2W was fun, especially the loot system.

The loot system made looting actually mean something (besides getting stuff to sell for gold), because you could combine multiple copies of the same item together to make a better one.

These fuckers have got to be trolls tho, I am genuinely triggered.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
How did they fund a third? I remember playing the first game in high school. The map was fun to explore, but you just spammed LMB on all enemies like in Gothic 3. I remember slowly whittling away at dragons who couldn't retaliate.

Perkel

Arcane
Two world 2 is worth playing just to see its magic system at works.

It is like path of exile gem system just in 3D and more interesting.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I have a dilemma: "Two Wolds II" was more retarded than "Two Worlds III" or not ?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Out of nowhere they shared info
Hope it will be something like TW2 from early version but of course it will suxxx. Surprised they released another DLC too (when Flying Fortress Pirates was released - we called them "addons" scurvy).

are these games even worth playing?
Only first one for: whacking stuff, testing the inventory management (combining two weak items into one better) and of course - magic system.
And that only if you have nothing else to play, like when I played it years back.
Now pray tell me why even care thous this shit?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
From the Codex inbox:

Hi there !

Hope you're feeling good, and best wishes for 2017.

Just for information, we had the opportunity to ask some questions to a member of Reality Pump, and he gave us informations about next DLCs of Two Worlds 2, Two Worlds 3, Sacrilegium, and Raven's Cry.

Here it is : http://www.loutrage.fr/interview-dirk-p-hassinger-reality-pump-english-version

Keep da good work RPG Codex team ! :)

Nicolas, aka Toupilitou
Webmaster http://www.loutrage.fr

:thumbsup: http://www.loutrage.fr/interview-dirk-p-hassinger-reality-pump-english-version/

Hi ! It’s been a while since we heard something about the Two Worlds Franchise ! Why did you come back with three add-ons instead of directly release Two Worlds III ?
During the concept development of Two Worlds III, the most team members have no tasks. It makes best sense to employ them with DLCs for Two Worlds II while another part of the team creates the concept for Two Worlds III. This also gives us the possibility to try out some ideas and features we have for the next full game and we can train some new people on the job.

Call of The Tenebrae seems to had a pretty long development and suffered from many reports, is the add-on more ambitious than it was planned ?
Yes. It was planned as a 3 month development, but it came out that it will bigger as planned and we needed to solve some technical issues. After 10 months we still do not have a save release date yet. On the other hand we have no obligation against a publisher to push it out.

Two Worlds II : Call Of The Tenebrae

It may be too soon to ask but, what will be the length of the add-on ?
This is – like always with an RPG – difficult to answer. Depending on the players way to play it, it should take between 6 and 20 hours to explore it. Maybe a bit more.

The communication about the project is quite quiet, is there a reason to this ?
We have no PR manager, but this will change soon. So far, our publishing partners have been responsible for communication, but all of them have bite the dust. Now we are doing everything by ourselves and we have to find the right people for tasks which have been handled by publishers and distributors before.

Will the solo add-on Call Of The Tenebrae and Shattered Embrace be a kind of link between Two Worlds II and Two Worlds III ? For example, Pirates of the Flying Fortress didn’t have any connection with the main scenario.
Different from Pirates of the Flying Fortress the new DLCs will continue the initial story line. You will meet Dar Pha again and some other charaters of the main game. But I would not name this a link between Two Worlds II and Two Worlds III.

Should we wait for new fonctionnalities in this add-on or is it an adding of more content ?
It depends what your mean with « new functionalities » . You can expect new RPG adventures, new enemies, weapons, items, main and side quests. The new locations have improved graphics with more hires textures and 3D models.

I read somewhere that the multiplayer add-on was on the way, will it come with a rebalance of the actual multiplayer content ?
We don’t see any reason for rebalancing the actual multiplayer content. We will add new adventures and maps, new enemies and items.

Now we know that Two Worlds II will have a new Xbox One version, what will be on this version except the vanilla game and Pirates of the Flying Fortress ?
Call Of The Tenebrae
will be included and visual appeal will be better than on the last console generation.

I suppose that release a game on the curent generation open new doors, are you thinking about releasing the first Two Worlds which is still very appreciated by the gamers ?
No. Two Worlds I is in the backward compatibility program and will only be playable on Xbox One, but unchanged.

Is the french community can wait french subtitles for Call Of The Tenebrae in a more or less long periode of time ?
Unfortunatly not in an official release. The installed base of Two Worlds II in France is, due to the bad performance of the former french distributor, very small compared with all other territories. A french localization is too expensive compared with the expected revenue. Maybe some fans will translate it.

In March 2016, we learned that Two Worlds III was in pre-conception, is the project going well or is the priority on the adding for Two Worlds II ?
Pre-conception means work on story, features, sketches – this is going well, but needs time. As said, people working on a game concept are mostly not the same as the people working on DLCs. So the priority is eqal for both.

You may not decide it yet but which price can we expect for the Xbox One version of Two Worlds II, and if possible, have you got a windows release in mind ?
Xbox One pricing is not set by now. By now we only set the price for Two Worlds II – Call Of The Tenebrae to 9,99 $ / €

In the same vein, Call Of The Tenebrae looks to be at the end of its development, do you have a clearer idea more or less precise about when the game will come on ?
As said before we have no release date yet. But I estimate 2-3 months it will take from now. So mid /end of March 2017.

Will the add-on of Two Worlds II be able to be released on the old generation consoles or do you prefer to be concentrated on the computer and the actual generation ?
Hopefully yes, but we are not 100% sure now.

Can we expect new updates for Vendetta : Curse of the Raven’s Cry, and if possible, do you think about releasing the game on consoles ?
yes. After we bought back all rights, we are now able to do something. After we finished Call Of The Tenebrae we will keep an eye on it.

Vendetta : Curse Of Raven’s Cry

Is Sacrilegium still in project ?
Actually, Sacrilegium is on ice. But it is a great concept and maybe one day… we will continue it.

Can we hope the multiplayer cross play between the Xbox One‘s and computer’s version ?
Yes. (I suppose you mean Two Worlds II HD). We want to do it and it should work.

You talked about an SDK for Two Worlds II. You know how much modding on computer is important for the players, do you plan to make them accessible on Xbox One.
I am not sure if this will be approved by Microsoft, but we will ask for it.

Will the avaibilities of the Linux and Xbox One‘s version of Two Worlds II, the graphic update and Call Of The Tenebrae be realeased simultaneously.
PC yes, but Xbox One I do not know yet.

You talked about a season pass for Two Worlds II, is it still current ?
A season pass is basically a discounted subscription of all existing and upcomming DLCs and extras. So this depends more on the sales platform. On Steam that should not be a problem. But I cannot say how it will be on other sales platforms.

The script of Raven’s Cry really surprised me by its qualities (… especially because of all we heard about it), to me it still has a lot of potential. Was the script written by Octane Games or is this the work of Reality Pump ?
By Reality Pump. Only the rough scenario came from Octane.

I think it will be my last question, the development of Raven’s Cry seemed really intricate, can you explain why did the game take so long to born and why wasn’t it on early access first at it launch as it was planned ?
This had several reasons. First, there was a probem with Octane and Zuxxez. Zuxxez signed the project for a development budget. Then this budget and also the development time was increased two or 3 times and Reality Pump was hired to help with MoCap and animations. At a certain point Zuxxez came tot he conclution, that Octane underestimated the projet and will not be able to finish the game. At this time Reality Pump got the full project and the former team leader of Reality Pump estimated 9 – 12 months for completion. Based on this Zuxxez gave us a budget, but after the team leader left Reality Pump it came out that this project took two years more than initially estimated and budgeted. Of course this further delay and rise oft he costs caused tons of problems at Zuxxez and all their distribution partners. And somehow this project is cursed. Millions of players « know » that this game is crap. But only a few thousands ever purchased and played it. As you already mentioned, you have been suprised by the quality of the script while you played it. Maybe, if we fix the few bugs left and make some improvements the dirty raw diamond can become a brilliant or get at least a princess or emerald cut which makes him shining bright.

Well, thank you for answering my questions ! I hope that everything will go well for the development of all your future released and that we’ll be satisfied. Bye !

Lhynn

Arcane
Hopefully some crazy codexer comes a year down the line to tell us about this great DLC for two worlds II that makes it playable!

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I found both games pretty charming, but I remember that the story really dropped the ball in both games at some point.
And what's more, they were probably the most imbalanced games I've played, ever (well, except some roguelikes, of course). Seriously, some skill choices meant walk in the park while others meant utter frustration.
And the item combination was just... weird. You could pump up the weakest item to outmatch any other weapon.. so what's even the point in ever switching?

Pretty sure I'd play it again if some of that got at least alleviated somewhat.
Especially on linux - less need to switch to Windows is always a good thing.

Perkel

Arcane
YES !:greatjob:

http://www.callofthetenebrae.com/en/

Shot02_2560x1440.jpg

Two words III in developement to be released in 36 months.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
So they canceled that horror game with womyn protagonist and reused the assets to quickly phone in a dlc.

TWII Pirate dlc was actually alright, it had chicks.

ff8S4EE.jpg

Two words III in developement to be released in 36 months.
lel

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I really liked Two Worlds. I thought it was better than the Gothic games, and all Elder Scrolls games except maybe Morrowind. I didn't like the sequel though. The magic combat had been hyped and it was a let down to actually play it. It was also super buggy when I tried playing it, mobs couldn't path properly so you could just jump on a rock and the mobs would stand around waiting to be shot to death. Also the spell making system wasn't as great as people make out. But I really wanted the series to succeed because I think Bethesduh need competition.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom