Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Two Worlds Two: The End

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Case Closed
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

hero.jpg
He won't be a problem anymore.
guard.jpg
I told you to come find me! Not kill him!
hero.jpg
That was your plan, your decision.
guard.jpg
Excuse me?
hero.jpg
You asked me to get involved. To do what you couldn't. This is where it led. It was him or me.
guard.jpg
I never meant for this to happen. Not like this.
hero.jpg
Just because I had to, doesn't mean I enjoyed it.
guard.jpg
Fine. I understand. What was his real identity?
hero.jpg
It was Yerske, believe it or not.
guard.jpg
The old man? I knew he was connected, spend enough time in a place like that...
hero.jpg
Yeah. One more thing. It turns out Mirage was afraid for his position.
guard.jpg
What do you mean?
hero.jpg
He was afraid of being betrayed by his own men. He began killing them off one by one. He commissioned all the murders.
guard.jpg
So it was him all the time. I knew it, I tell you, I felt it in my gut. I'd like to think we would've caught him eventually. Listen, you held up your end, here's your reward. But this over, understand? Tend to your matters here but stay out of trouble.

Valarin hands me 2500 auras. He appears dissatisfied, but he'll have to live with that. The murder investigation is officially closed and Mirage, the head of the underworld is rotting in the sewers of Hatmandor.

RK47

Patron
When in doubt, read the quest log
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

RK47

Patron
Economical Rice
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

hero.jpg
I've seen you before. You're a member of the Merchants Guild.
merchant.jpg
Of course. My business is run on supply and demand. Who else has better information than the guild?!
hero.jpg
Why steal the bodies?
merchant.jpg
They're animals. They pick off humans every day in the wild. Should I feed them to each other? Or perhaps some unsuspecting travelers? I'm not a monster, it's simply economical.
hero.jpg
Economical?
merchant.jpg
They hang them in public to scare people into dying quietly in their homes. I use them to feed animals to make inexpensive ingredients for their food and medicine.
11.jpg

hero.jpg
It's morbid. But also, maybe brilliant.
merchant.jpg
Well, thank you.
hero.jpg
I'll speak with the guild. I think you're on to something.
merchant.jpg
Thank you for being so understanding, when it would have been just as easy to kill a man like me without thinking twice.

RK47

Patron
Mercantile Interests
00.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

hero.jpg
Actually, I'm here because I've discovered a way for the guild to lower their costs on ingredients.
merchant.jpg
I'm listening.
hero.jpg
One of your guild members has been feeding animals in captivity to harvest ingredients faster.
merchant.jpg
Who? Ubaj?! He cut out the hunters? Unbelievable.
hero.jpg
I've convinced him to work with the guild directly, your vendors can start selling them today.
merchant.jpg
I don't know who you are, but I could kiss you! For a price, that is. But seriously, consider yourself and honorary member of the Merchants Guild!
hero.jpg
What's our next move?
merchant.jpg
Initiative! I like you already! Speak to Ubaj's wife. I'll take care of the rest.
07.jpg

08.jpg

RK47

Patron
A joint venture
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

hero.jpg
What can I do to help?
merchant.jpg
I realize stealing corpses isn't the smartest idea. So, this time we're going to try a different approach. Thanks to our labors we now have a huge surplus of medicinal ingredients. We, the Merchants Guild, are interested mostly in medicines, especially in those that can treat the Red Death.
hero.jpg
You have something like that?
merchant.jpg
I'm not talking about a cure, but about treatments and other useful potions that can be produced. Unfortunately, this type of medicine has dropped in value due to its inherently limited and somewhat temporary effects.
hero.jpg
What exactly are you asking for?
merchant.jpg
I need you go to the mines just outside of town and speak with a man named Jazid. He's in charge of the mine and some time ago acquired a huge cache of medical supplies. Convince him that it would be more... cost effective for him to save those supplies for future endeavors.
hero.jpg
What kind of future endeavors?
merchant.jpg
We want to make..err..create a false shortage in supply. Providing the market remains consistent, the demand will exceed the supply and, subsequently, prices will increase to balance. Our surplus value will triple overnight.
hero.jpg
What about the miners and their families? They won't have enough auras for treatment.
merchant.jpg
You see death and struggle. I see opportunity.
hero.jpg
But... people will die.
merchant.jpg
People are dying every day. There's little we can do to change that.

Fuck. I should've killed this guy earlier.

05.jpg

04.jpg

hero.jpg
I'm sorry, but this isn't the way I like to do business.
merchant.jpg
Suit yourself. But, my offer still stands all the same. If you should reconsider, you know where to find me.
06.jpg

07.jpg

RK47

Patron
The Captain's Dirty Little Secret
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

hero.jpg
I have it on good authority that you've been undermining the Captain's efforts.
man.jpg
Undermine? What?! Wait. Who did you hear this from?
hero.jpg
The Captain himself.
man.jpg
You... you've got to be kidding me.
hero.jpg
Am I missing something? Is this is a joke to you?
man.jpg
Ye... I mean no! Well, not you. Sir, it seems I'm being punished for seeing something I shouldn't have.
hero.jpg
And what would that be?
man.jpg
Let's just say it's something that the Captain doesn't want anyone else to know.
hero.jpg
Trade routes, strategies?
07.jpg

hero.jpg
Are you telling me the Captain is... and you know his secret?
man.jpg
The camp has its secrets... but this isn't one of them.
08.jpg

hero.jpg
I don't know what to say.
man.jpg
I wouldn't say anything at all. Especially the fact that it's well known. I think he's embarrassed. He tends to overcompensate. Not that I need to tell you. Just listen to him talk, ah his stories. I think he's afraid we'd abandon him if we knew the truth. Or that he'd lose his ability to strike fear in the hearts of men. At least, uh... not in the way he hopes to.
hero.jpg
Then what should I tell him? If he finds you...
man.jpg
He does this from time to time. He'll cool down eventually. I haven't seen my family in months. At least they'll actually be happy to see that I'm still alive.
hero.jpg
Good idea.
man.jpg
Thanks for not, well, going through with whatever you had planned. I'm probably better off not knowing.
09.jpg

cap.jpg
You didn't... Gods. I should have handled this myself.
hero.jpg
Relax. He's still alive, but I don't think you'll see him wandering the camp anytime soon.
cap.jpg
Normally I don't reward men that can't follow orders, but you've earned this.

The faggot handed me three thousand auras. I left quickly.

RK47

Patron
Society of Mages
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

hero.jpg
I suppose I'll take that as a compliment. And you're the librarian?
man.jpg
At least for now. Someone needs to maintain these archives. The knowledge contained within this room is priceless. Guild or no guild.
hero.jpg
What are you saying? What happened to the guild?
man.jpg
I'm telling you that the Mages Guild has been disbanded. At least, officially. The Emperor ordered Master Dattan to dismantle the guild or be brought up on charges of treason.
hero.jpg
Then who handles the guild's business?
man.jpg
Well, nobody. For the first few months, people would come in looking for somebody to help them with their problems. After a while, they just stopped coming. We still receive letters all the time. People offering goods and auras to anyone willing to listen. I just started posting them on the board over there, hoping maybe someone will see them and offer a hand.
hero.jpg
Would you mind if I take a look?
man.jpg
Of course not. I keep all of the envelopes cataloged. If you finished ay of their requests, come see me and collect any tributes in the chest over there.
hero.jpg
I think we'll be able to work something out. By the way, where did all the mages go?
man.jpg
Many of them left for New Ashos, teaching at the university. Others went into hiding. They slip in from time to time, not that I'd ever see them. Master Dattan's allowed me to stay on and maintain the library, as a volunteer of course.
hero.jpg
Where's Master Dattan now?
man.jpg
He comes and goes. These halls have been his home for decades. I don't think he can bring himself to leave it all behind.
hero.jpg
I'll check the board.
man.jpg
Certainly. Feel free to peruse the postings at your leisure.
05.jpg

RK47

Patron
Dattan's Request
06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

mage.jpg
I've been expecting you.
hero.jpg
How did you know I was coming?
mage.jpg
We don't have unexpected guests very often. The magical... expulsion, when you came to the island. I felt it. This island is my home. When something is out of place, it's my responsibility to be prepared. We've been following your actions ever since.
hero.jpg
I came here from...
mage.jpg
Where you came from is of no concern to me. Your actions, however, are an entirely different matter. They clearly indicate your attitude towards, or should I say, against the Empire.
hero.jpg
Is this a problem?
mage.jpg
Quite the contrary. Please, forgive my interest in dispensing with pleasantries. In my experience, clandestine is best with these matters.
hero.jpg
I understand. I assume you know why I'm here?
mage.jpg
The Tower of Fangs. Little is known about our beloved Emperor, leading many to believe that the information contained there is of great importance. I've traveled this path before and many such companions have lost their resolve. I will assist you in your mission but you'll need to convince me that my efforts aren't going to be wasted.
hero.jpg
Of course.
mage.jpg
So bold... And yet so few questions.
hero.jpg
Just one. What's our first step?
mage.jpg
I'd like you to aid the Captain in his next move against the Empire.
hero.jpg
So you've allied with the Captain?
mage.jpg
I do what I can to support his fight against the Empire. But sabotage and militia tactics are merely distractions.
mage.jpg
We need to cripple the Empire and their interests.
hero.jpg
Verita.
mage.jpg
Correct. Temporarily cutting off the Empire's Verita supply will buy us the time we need to conduct other operations. They are blinded by it. This is our advantage.
hero.jpg
But Verita is a natural resource.
mage.jpg
Very true, but there are methods of making things... difficult. In the meantime, there's something I need you to acquire for me.
hero.jpg
Weapons? Information?
mage.jpg
Dragon Fang.
hero.jpg
A dragon... fang?
mage.jpg
They ruled this island, long ago. There were hundreds. Their remains can still be found. Quite magnificent creatures.
hero.jpg
Any idea where I should begin?
mage.jpg
There is a place nearby known as the 'Belly of the Beast', a canyon formerly inhabited by a black dragon.
hero.jpg
Wouldn't it have been exploited by now?
mage.jpg
Your assumption would be sound if not for the canyon's current resident.
hero.jpg
I'm not sure I want to know.
mage.jpg
If you want to get to the cave, you'll have to outsmart or kill it. Whichever method you prefer, I'm sure you have questions...
hero.jpg
Have you always opposed the Empire?
mage.jpg
Of course. Gandohar has removed our sense of individuality, culture, economy. Our families are forced to work in mines and abide by laws they do not fully understand or believe in. I'm not sure our friend Fallonon realizes how useful his bold bedside manner stands to become. I suppose my influence is to blame.
hero.jpg
You seem to care about these people, why not lead them?
mage.jpg
My place is to offer guidance, wisdom. People should be free to make their own decisions. Giving them that opportunity is my only concern.
hero.jpg
When I return, what happens then?
mage.jpg
The difficult part, I'm afraid.
hero.jpg
Then, I'll return shortly.
mage.jpg
Good hunting.

RK47

Patron
A Prosperous Plan
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

mage.jpg
Now we can begin. Everything is in place.
hero.jpg
In place for what?
mage.jpg
Follow me, I'd like to show you something.
08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

RK47

Patron
Journey Under the Tower
01.jpg

hero.jpg
This is why the Captain needed the Verita? What are you going to use the golems for?
mage.jpg
Use your imagination...
hero.jpg
Liberating the cities from Imperial Control?
mage.jpg
Doing so now would only cause Gandohar to send troops in greater numbers. The only way to get ride of Imperial Control is to eliminate the reason they're here.
hero.jpg
The mines...
mage.jpg
Indeed. And why risk implicating ourselves when it seems the Verita is capable of protecting itself?
hero.jpg
Brilliant...
mage.jpg
Isn't it?
hero.jpg
How did you manage to assemble to so many?
mage.jpg
I suppose we should really thank Gortag. If not for Fal and his men discovering the caves, it wouldn't have been possible. They've been assembling the golems with the help of the mining refugees. But the Dragon Fang you found is the key.
hero.jpg
Impressive. Wait... Fal?
mage.jpg
The Captain... Fallonon the Butcher has never exactly rolled off the tongue...

You mean Fallonon the Butthurt. :smug:

hero.jpg
All of this just to get into the Tower?
mage.jpg
We need to divert Gandohar's attention in order to ensure your success. I've come to believe that the magic protecting the tower is bound to him. If it draws strength from him directly, spreading his concentration is our only chance of success.
hero.jpg
How do you know all this?
mage.jpg
I've made many attempts over the years to discover what Gandohar keeps in that tower, with several endeavors. Including Fallonon, when he was younger. Gandohar's methods are not a complete mystery. And there was a time when my knowledge overshadowed his own.
hero.jpg
Alright. How do I get into the Tower?
mage.jpg
When you exit the cave, head south. You'll come upon some old ruins. Use the teleport, it's connected directly with the underground maze. But beware, once you enter, there's no turning back. The only exit resides on the other end of the maze, just under the Tower.
hero.jpg
Alright, let's do this.
mage.jpg
One moment, I can't let you leave empty handed. I don't have much use for auras these days, but we can keep you from marching to your death armed with nothing more than a stick. Have your pick. An axe? A bow maybe? I could also teach you a spell if you are more magically inclined?
hero.jpg
I think I'll take my chances with my stick, but I'll take the bow.
mage.jpg
You have a quick wit about you. You'll need it.
hero.jpg
Don't remind me.
mage.jpg
I wish you good luck. Both in the tower and until this is finished.
hero.jpg
Thank you Dattan. Give the Captain my best.
02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
IIRC with maxed block skill dude takes no more damage blocking. And only few enemies can break block (cyclops, headless). Dude's also invulnerable during power attack/riposte animation.

RK47

Patron
Tips Metal Hat
00.jpg

01.jpg

woman.jpg
Yes, this is exactly what we need. To know one's enemy is paramount.
hero.jpg
Take it. I'm sure you'll be able to get more out of it than me.
woman.jpg
A gracious gift. You could have brought it to one of my enemies. I accept this as a token of your loyalty.
hero.jpg
I think it should be clear by now whose side I'm on.
woman.jpg
Providence favors the righteous few. Meet me in my chambers. We have much to discuss.
02.jpg

woman.jpg
Much of his rise to power has been predicated on this discovery. I always knew it was more than politics. He used it on the orcs at the battle of Oswaroth. And, he plans to use it again.
hero.jpg
For what?
woman.jpg
I don't know. This text is rich but useful information is meager. Most of it pertains to the life of a young man scantly resembling the tyrant familiar to you and I. I suggest you have a look.

Why yes, of course, I'd like to-

hero.jpg
Care to just give me the run down?

:x Stupid lazy protagonist.
woman.jpg
Very well. Gandohar attended Venificus University in New Ashos during the period we now associate with the formation of the Swallows... a lifeless wasteland created by an unknown dark magic. Your next inquiry should start there.
hero.jpg
What are you suggesting?
woman.jpg
You are stubborn, aren't you? This is the best lead you're likely to find. I suggest you take it.
hero.jpg
Sorry. I just don't see how we can afford to waste time like this while Gandohar prepares my sister for blood sacrifice.
woman.jpg
If we don't understand the source of his power, your sister's life will be forfeit, as will your own. You're not his equal... not yet.

Bullshit. I already maxed my arrow skills.

hero.jpg
You think I could wield this power, too.
woman.jpg
No. Gandohar's meddling as caused enough suffering already. But, if you understand how his magic works, you may find a way to nullify it.
hero.jpg
I'll do what I can.
03.jpg

hero.jpg
Other than Gandohar's journal?
girl.jpg
Did you open it?
hero.jpg
It was locked.
girl.jpg
Still having trouble with lockpicks?
hero.jpg
It was covered in Verita. I've never seen anything like it.
:hmmm: Why skip over that detail from the players?
girl.jpg
That makes two of us...
hero.jpg
Just hope it was worth the effort.
girl.jpg
Only time will tell. Try to stay out of trouble in the mean time.
hero.jpg
No promises.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom