Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Tyranny: Bastard's Wounds Expansion Released

duanth123

Arcane
Problem with tyranny since there no cap on stats rly two handed might party is op. That burst damage has no counter play. Any damage heavy setup reduces all encounters into trash encounters. Its interesting with tyranny you can see how pillars would be like if there were no fucks given to the balance. I like the spell system in tyranny but overall the class system in pillars makes for a far more interesting game.

The further we get away from Tyranny's release, the more the truth of Prime Junta's claim that the game should have used a variant of PoE's system becomes clear. That's what could it have made it an interesting game worth remembering, like Icewind Dale.

Way to step on Icewind Dale, with such facile comparisons.

ID actually had something more than a purely theoretically interesting setting stuffed with half-baked, internally contradictory lore, and a nation-wide epidemic of verbal diarrhea. No amount of combat reworking could make this shit-filled armor of a game enjoyable.

Wouldn't change the same trash mob enemies/encounter design either. Or the terrible "dungeons".

And that's all assuming you're of the minority that actually enjoys POE combat.

images

Trash game for closeted furries and posters addicted to writing volumes of pablum.

Last edited:

duanth123

Arcane
And that's all assuming you're of the minority that actually enjoys POE combat.

That's a pretty big assumption.

I call it Big Assumption 3.0. The previous iterations were horribly assumed (even by the admission of my most sycophantic admirers) and it took literal years to come up with this current one, although now most people are kind enough to pretend that my previous assumptions never existed and weren't experienced by a majority of persons when I first started assuming.

Who I from the very start gave the opportunity to accept several simplified versions of my assumption that did not seriously represent what I assumed at all. Which most gratefully accepted (and by a large margin still continue to with 3.0) since my assumption was never really something they cared about anyway, as opposed to the bragging rights that come with being part of the zeitgeist that was me assuming something.

It helped I threw a shitty, unfocused story in for good measure.

In any event, it's a big, but not "pretty big," assumption, which, and forgive me the analogy, is like the difference between a majority of players either actively avoiding actual use of a combat system or in fact never experiencing it's "perfected" version, and a majority consciously realizing they dislike it.

Perhaps not much of a difference at all, Roguey, though what the fuck do you know, you waited for 3.0.

Last edited:

Ulfhednar

Savant
Is the above post some kind of parody of TTON dialogue?
Not a parody - "Big Assumption 3.0" was a dialogue option for the Genocide written by none other that Brian "Fucking" Fargo himself. He wrote it as an Easter egg while sitting in his office taking shots of whiskey with the InXile crew right after the Torment campaign funded. Unfortunately, they had to cut the quest that would unlock it due to budget constraints.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom