Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Tyranny gets New Game+ patch and Event Pack DLC, Bastard's Wound expansion coming later this year

GloomFrost

Arcane
haha they want like 6 bucks for extra map encounters
This is why you don't let Paradox publish your products. Look at how fragmented their own games are, it's a joke.

DLC for Crusader Kings II...

3AXX8Uc.png
What are you complaining about?? You get 2 (TWO!!!!) DLC absolutely free. What more do you want haha??? What i m really worried about however is if something like that happens to POE2.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Lucky you, it's $100 for me. They should make a bundle without the pointless Royal Edition upgrade, that might have a decent price.

:hmmm:

Pillars_of_Eternity_-_Royal_Edition.jpg

How is all this worth $45? I'm pretty sure I have most of it, but I didn't pay anywhere near that much for it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think it's a holdover from the Kickstarter tier prices, where whales are expected to pay premiums for such things. Doesn't make sense at all as part of a bundle 2+ years after the game's release.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Do you really have 1.8 million parrots? Where did you get so many parrots?

We are members of the "Parrots Club", one of the most powerful and secret societies in the world. This is our symbol:

il_570xN.1185301678_ry6o.jpg
Sorry, but I can't explain to you our goals in the new world order.

Last edited:

Turjan

Arcane
This game was planned by Paradox, if I see that correctly. Their new business model is more or less that these games are open-ended and never really complete. They release an "expansion" more or less every half year, plus a few other DLCs that only those people buy that care for cosmetic stuff. Even the accompanying free patch fits their general model.

If this game doesn't tank completely, I wouldn't hold my hopes up for any kind of GOTY version anytime soon.

Flou

Arbiter
Nobody is really comparing DLC's price to coffee, but to other available products in same market. For 7$ you can get another game while this DLC doesn't really give you any new content unless you replay whole game and see some bits and pieces here and there, at least as far as I understand whats in the DLC.

Most people will buy the DLC from a Steam sale anyways. That 6-7 dollars will be around 3-4 dollars pretty soon.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Dunno what kind of attention span you have if a 30 second video can put you to sleep.

Teaser trailers are never satisfying. I think the only reason they exist is so that people go "Whoa, a VIDEO. This must be something premium(tm), better pay attention."

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I'll play the DLC.

Playing Tyranny was like eating Nacho Cheese Doritos. They're kind of boring, they're not very good for you, but they taste okay. You know there are much better things you can eat, but when you've got nothing else at the moment you might as well.

The only thing is that with Tyranny there's no orange cheese-like dust to lick off your fingers afterwords.

This post has deeper writing than anything you'll see in Tyranny.

hilfazer

Scholar
Steam page said:
and an all-new path to an unseen ending. What fate awaits those who remain truly loyal to Kyros?
I was hoping for that bugfix but didn't actually expect it to happen. That's excellent.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Out of all the RTWP games, this one I only ever had to pause when seriously thinking about what skill combos to use in the most dire encounters on the hardest difficulty. Granted the game could have had better combat encounters, the combat itself was quite enjoyable for what it was, and is the only game that does RTWP correctly.

Sannom

Augur
Yet at the same time the first expansion will come alongside a patch that seems to follow the trend of PoE's 2.0 and 3.0 patches.

I'm still not touching the Tales from the Tiers stuff until the expansion comes out.

GloomFrost

Arcane
What i m really worried about however is if something like that happens to POE2.
It won't - crowdfunding eliminates that risk. Tyranny, unfortunately, served as a reminder that certain publisher trends are not changing.
Who do you think was responsible for dividing the White March expansion into part 1 and part 2??? I mean even the biggest and best expansions like NOTR, Frozen Throne, Throne of Baal etc never been divided into 2 parts..... until paradox got involved.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
It's been heavily implied that Pillars of Eternity 2 might be self-published by Obsidian.

Sentinel

Arcane
are you referring to the job opening or was there something else that I missed, you coon?

Sentinel

Arcane
Oh, so it's not actually "heavily implied" anywhere that they're self-publishing, just that it's one of the options on the table and up for consideration.
Thanks, friend.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Tyranny was better than Torment 2. Not a classic but comparatively speaking.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Tyranny was better than Torment 2. Not a classic but comparatively speaking.
Jesus Christ!! Never call Fargo's money grab "Torment 2". NEVER!

"Fargo's money grab using Torment's name" doesn't really fit in a sentence. But I agree that this is sacrilege.

Now we won't be getting anything else under Torment's name, ever. That's the biggest factor for me, bigger than the mediocre game.

Sizzle

Arcane
Now we won't be getting anything else under Torment's name, ever.

Better to get nothing, and let PS:T rest in well-deserved peace, than get another POS let-down like T:ToN again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom