Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tyranny Pre-Release Thread

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
No special modifiers mentioned in the wiki, and nothing in weapon descriptions either. This is what my current weapon's description looks like:
NMVfPSy.png

Very similar to PoE, nothing specific about the weapon type other than damage type.

Stating the DPS is a huge change, both in aesthetic terms and in terms of informing the player. IMHO it's a big UI improvement from PoE, provided that the number given is actually accurate.

Fairfax

Arcane
No special modifiers mentioned in the wiki, and nothing in weapon descriptions either. This is what my current weapon's description looks like:
NMVfPSy.png

Very similar to PoE, nothing specific about the weapon type other than damage type.

Stating the DPS is a huge change, both in aesthetic terms and in terms of informing the player. IMHO it's a big UI improvement from PoE, provided that the number given is actually accurate.
The DPS is just a rough average, but yes, nice improvement indeed:
Bz4jLAW.png

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Showing the effects of your attack skill on DPS should be easy enough. Perhaps that'll be part of the first DLC.

We can't know how fast it will sell through, it could steadily dribble htrough for months and hold up strong because PC gamers are bored in January and February.

Eh, I think Torment may very well slip to March.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The slate for Jan/Feb in terms of releases isn't that big, and if there's no Mass Effect Andromeda then both Tyranny and Torment will happily coexist because the games will dry up completely for awhile. The big games in the first quarter are an awful lot of console exclusive. Both can sell.

I don't see Torment slipping though, I reckon they could have pushed it out for Christmas but they delayed, I see it comfortably releasing bug free, but the combat will be an awful shitfest like the beta. Confirmed visual novel.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
NMVfPSy.png

Seems the mechanics are more refined in general. Notice that weapons increase recovery and has a plain number instead of the Vague fast/average/slow of PoE. Now I wonder if weapon speed is purely recovery penalty or if they have different action speeds too.

Sentinel

Arcane
NMVfPSy.png

DPS in PoE was actually a technical limitation with Unity 4 IIRC. Sawyer talked about how frustrated he was that they couldn't implement it accurately, but that they had fixed it in their Unity 5 version of the engine.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
NMVfPSy.png

DPS in PoE was actually a technical limitation with Unity 4 IIRC. Sawyer talked about how frustrated he was that they couldn't implement it accurately, but that they had fixed it in their Unity 5 version of the engine.
wat

Looks more like a technical limitation with the overcomplicated mess they designed https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/86684-mechanics-the-big-attack-speed-conundrum/

WhiteGuts

Arcane
I'm secretely hoping Kyros doesn't exist, and that it's just a make-believe persona created to inspire fear.

roll-a-die

Magister
From what I've seen I think it's Tuna-man, the guy heading the Fatebinders.

By the way, can I stop here and make note that Fatebinder still reminds me of Kingdoms of Amalur, and how shitty it was of a concept there.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm still thinking that the player is Kyros or a shard of him/her. That's why they aren't talking about the gender.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Random thought : Kyros' emblem is dumb. Too sharp, too "modern" for a supposedly bronze-age inspired setting.

PrettyDeadman

Random thought : Kyros' emblem is dumb. Too sharp, too "modern" for a supposedly bronze-age inspired setting.
It's pointless to compare this to Earth bronzen age since they already have a lot of technology which only exists in science fiction right now (teleportation of matter, creating energy/stuff out of thin air and etc all done through magic). In many cases Tyranny world is bronze age + ultra hightech.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
It's pointless to compare this to Earth bronzen age since they already have a lot of technology which only exists in science fiction right now (teleportation of matter, creating energy/stuff out of thin air and etc all done through magic). In many cases Tyranny world is bronze age + ultra hightech.

On the verge of steampunk.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom