Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ultima U7 Serpent Isle in an episode of The Today Show from 1993

SophosTheWise

Cipher
That was hilarious and somehow frightening. I mean the look Garriott has when he tells the reporter that the first "real virtual world" will be Ultima is plain crazy.

Tytus

Arcane
That was hilarious and somehow frightening. I mean the look Garriott has when he tells the reporter that the first "real virtual world" will be Ultima is plain crazy.

It's obvious he wants to build Matrix like world-trap for the entire human race. The world of course will be the simulation of Ultima 9, so we can finally appreciate the genius of it.

Divinity: Original Sin
Great quotes:

"If there was one thing I'd rather do than this, it would be to leave this planet..."
"...as ready as Indiana Jones for the adventures..."

Nice C&C: yes=whole set of clues, no=terminate the conversation.

I love these parts:

"as soon as you move the characters, the computer reacts", "the computer takes away your friends", "the computer is programed to protect the king", "the computer has the upper hand because it controls the world". Looks like a kasparov vs deep blue match, or a battle against an AI. What game they're play? 7 part 1, or part 2... maybe it's ultima 3?

"In fact, I told my programmers, if you kill LB, you're fired" - maybe that's why we get all those fire animations on screen.

I love these old 90's journalistic reports about technology and future and how amazed they were with things they couldn't comprehend...

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
"In fact, I told my programmers, if you kill LB, you're fired" - maybe that's why we get all those fire animations on screen.

Good choice of words.

UO_LB_assassination.jpg

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
i liked how they banned the guy afterwards with some weaksauce excuse.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Two prophetic statements in a five minute video:
1. "I would love to go to outer space"
2. "Ultima will be the first ever virtual world" (not the first, but it still shows how far back Ultima Online was planned)

Also, the host's voice effect during the last 12 seconds is terrifying.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom