Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ugly Game box/cover art

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
syrian-games-black.gif
IT'S HIM
iisthebestmangziw2.jpg

mck

Cipher
Are there any fallout mods that include bisexual bridal showers on loverslab?

Buffy_the_Vampire_Slayer_Coverart.png

I bought this game in a pawn shop a few days ago for the hefty sum of one dollar, and actually it's a piece of shit.

mck

Cipher
There's actually some cool titles for the original xbox like Deathrow (futuristic sport thing where you stomp people's faces and throw a disc around... it's better than it sounds), Circus Maximus (chariot racing), and Breakdown (nausea simulator).

Also Metal Dungeon qualifies for awful box art and also most bland video game ever:
Metal_Dungeon_cover.jpg

edit: kabuki warriors is also terrible and also the metal dungeon cover is not as bad as i remember, but I assure you the game is dreadful.

mck

Cipher
Maybe you'll have better luck with it. I too was looking forward to playing it, but it was mostly a chore. I didn't play for more than a few hours though. Maybe it gets better? I might beat it someday since there isn't even any gameplay footage of it on youtube and because I'd assume only a handfull of other people have completed it.

deuxhero

Arcane
I've just learned about THIS

0CLB5OT.jpg

Yes, that's an American flag in the "US" that clearly doesn't match the font of the rest of the text. This is something someone would add quickly as a joke.

I'd be convinced it was an elaborate hoax on the part of Shenmue fansites if there weren't pictures of it alongside the other Shenmue releases (and putting a different cover in a jewel case is pretty easy so it still could be a hoax).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom