Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ultima Ultima VI

Farage

Arcane
Patron
Help me out bros.
I'm doing some study on old MMO's and i'm trying to find Ultima VI to play, anyone got any tips on where to find this to download?
The reason is basically because when searching for it on the internet, i get a lot of different results, some with good graphics, some with awfully bad ones.

Okay, so i actually found a "let's play" on it and it looks nothing like google results.
Im confused.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9379l5yi2D8

Yeah, looks like the good graphics results are from a ultima 6 remake some guys are doing
http://www.ultima6.realmofultima.com/
sauce here

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What does Ultima VI have to do with MMOs?

I don't know if OP is actually aware of this (he seems a bit confused) but the Ultima VI engine was actually used to produce an internal prototype of what became Ultima Online, way back in the early 90s. It was called "Multima".

Last edited:

Farage

Arcane
Patron

I don't know if OP is actually aware of this (he seems a bit confused) but the Ultima VI engine was actually used to produce an internal prototype of what became Ultima Online, way back in the early 90s. It was called "Multima".
I am confused :oops:
I played Tibia for a long time and it's the first time im trying to understand how they came up with it.
Turns out they were trying to make Ultima VI online, they even stole some graphics.
Thats why it looks so much like the actual Ultima Online.
But it's called Tibia. Cause one of the programmers broke his leg... his Tibia bone.
So there are two MMOs that originated from Ultima VI
Thats Tibia Alpha 1.0
figura12c.jpg

Thats Ultima VI Online
fully+set.jpg

Thats Ultima Online
ultima_online.0_cinema_640.0.jpg

Thats Ultima VI
U6_12_07.png

Thats what i got so far, i might be completely wrong though

Last edited:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Before this thread, I always thought Tibia was a stupid name for a MMO.

Now I still think that way, but at least now I know why. Thanks, OP.

Farage

Arcane
Patron
Okay i played Ultima VI... and bros, you don't understand how much Tibia ripped this game off. It's like they used their engine or something, it's fucking unbelievable.
And i can't get these god damn songs out of my head.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I agree. This is another level below stupid.

Farage

Arcane
Patron
What? I said Tibia ripped Ultima, not the other way around. Because Tibia was released after Ultima. Im saying Ultima is the original thing here. What the fuck?
:|

Farage

Arcane
Patron
Not-This-Shit-Again-anime-28533251-604-340.jpg

Tell me where i went wrong, please, senpai.

Last edited:

Deleted member 11480

This thread simulates a roller coaster better than RCT3's first person rides, I guess I'll just sit back and enjoy it :dance:

Farage

Arcane
Patron
Guess it's not the first time not knowing something makes me a retard in this community.
I don't really understand whats the point of keeping the information to yourselves if you consider people that doesn't know about it "retarded".
Its controversial and terribly autistic.
My original wish was to understand the origins of old games and MMOs, so i could understand better what was up with the people who created it.
Thought you guys would help me, but seems like im better off without you.
Whatever, fuck you all and close this shit if anyone have the power to.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I still don't understand what information he is looking for. It may be English is not his first language though...

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I playing some GLORIUS gold box right now... so that's gonna be my avatar.

As soon as Larian has some F%$#@*# serpents in D:OS I'll use that as an avatar...

DeepOcean

Arcane
Tibia? There was a part of my brain that I forgot, where I remember long discussions of teenagers fighting on the internet here on Brazil. People that liked this thing, defended it like rabid fans and the people that hated, hated with passion... OP you are a fucking asshole, you fucking made me remember that shit... now I will have nightmares.

Farage

Arcane
Patron
making it look like you thought U6 was an MMO. It's like I come here and ask "hey guys I'm doing a research on racing games, can anyone help me to find a good Super Mario World rom?"
I think we have a new candidate for the Possibly Retarded tag.... :M
Is this why im a retard? Cause you guys can't read?

Turns out they were trying to make Ultima VI online, they even stole some graphics.
Thats why it looks so much like the actual Ultima Online.
But it's called Tibia. Cause one of the programmers broke his leg... his Tibia bone.

Never thought sucking dick would affect one's ability to read or even to blame it on my english.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom