Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ultimate Codexian competition

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
It's not a real competition, Servo.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
What did I just click? I knew it was a trap when I was asked to brofist but I clicked anyway:negative:

Servo

Arcane
I think I figured it out.

Yeah, I consider my lesson learned: Ask the Codex for something and you'll get heaps of EVERYTHING else except what you requested.

If the Codex was a restaurant they wouldn't give you any cutlery to go with the soup, and when asked the waiter would bring you 15 different kinds of forks and a pair of knives, but no spoon.

Ok, so what was going on? What exactly did you ask of DU?

It's Hoaxmetal's fault.

The link automatically brofists DU or something.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
The link automatically brofists a post of mine in the "Post Random Images" thread. The image in question is of Moon Moon the retarded wolf.

One time, when a little drunk, I asked if Codex posters could Brofist another post of mine to bump it up higher in my "most fisted" posts. Needless to say the Codex did pretty much everything BUT what I asked.

And now I'm being used as the buttend of an admin-level joke. *shrugs* Whatever.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
I was expecting a real competition. A competition for the most socially awkward codexer, who in real life brings chloroform on dates, and who rages online day after day how bad GoT is but still watches every episode four times, plays every shitty game just to get whine about it, and stuff like that.

But instead it is a game of chance, which I'm not guaranteed to win.

DU doesnt have to judge anything, just merely choose one from a bunch of names, I wonder if he got tired of judging codexian stories?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
DU doesnt have to judge anything, just merely choose one from a bunch of names, I wonder if he got tired of judging codexian stories?
After the last one, we're pretty much done with those. You run a short story comp on the Codex and you get a bunch of people who are mentally 12 years old writing some variation of "rape nigger nigger rape lol".

This way, we can just let the list + die roll system pick a winner and be done with it.

Servo

Arcane
I hate to be the one to point this out, but because it's a monetary prize isn't there some law that everyone (even non-Codexians) be allowed to enter the drawing?

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I doubt any lawyers or governmental entities are going to lose sleep over a $10 prize.

Anybody who would press the issue has a serious case of butt-hurt.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
I hate to be the one to point this out, but because it's a monetary prize isn't there some law that everyone (even non-Codexians) be allowed to enter the drawing?
You don't pay to enter. And value is under $5,000. Also, we don't have any Canadians.

Because blogs often have readers from all over the world, can you just let anyone enter? The short answer is yes, if you are willing to comply with the laws of every jurisdiction (including those of foreign countries). In Canada, for example, the winner can not be chosen by luck, but rather some element of skill must be involved. And if you do wish to open your giveaway to residents of Canada, you must go one step further and either exclude Quebec or add in the various additional rules that province requires.​

Weasel
After the last one, we're pretty much done with those. You run a short story comp on the Codex and you get a bunch of people who are mentally 12 years old writing some variation of "rape nigger nigger rape lol".

Actually that last contest, with the topics all related to Codex staff members (and the timing), seemed like a diversionary attempt to lance the raging butthurt boil which had sprung up over the Bruticis/MHC/etc mass bannings. Instead of joining in the revolt in site feedback everyone got to abuse the staff (and Crispy) in prose. So it wasn't too surprising that most devolved into absolute filth but a couple of stories were pretty great.

I don't think anyone really expected a Wasteland game as a reward at the end though.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Because blogs often have readers from all over the world, can you just let anyone enter? The short answer is yes, if you are willing to comply with the laws of every jurisdiction (including those of foreign countries). In Canada, for example, the winner can not be chosen by luck, but rather some element of skill must be involved. And if you do wish to open your giveaway to residents of Canada, you must go one step further and either exclude Quebec or add in the various additional rules that province requires.​

Please tell me this isn't true.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Also the link to the competition is apparently gone 4evar since I clicked the hide button one time.
Your Username (top right) -> Preferences -> Restore dismissed notices

"I wish to remember everything!", he said, confused as to who or where he was, and why he was speaking to the crone with the raptor's head.

"How odd", she replied, as a predatory grin cracked across her features. "That was your first wish."

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Ladies and Gentlemen and Gentlemen pretending to be Ladies and Ladies who'd like to be Gentlemen, this time tomorrow we will draw the winner of our ULTIMATE CODEXIAN COMPETITION.

I will pick the more options next to this post and I will first have a random list, where we will choose between 1-100, 101-200, 201-300. That will tell me whether the winner is in the first, second or third hundred of those who entered the competition.

Next, I will roll a die from 1-100 in this post. The winner will then be the person who bro-fisted the post in that order. IE: The person who bro-fisted it first is "1", the person who bro-fisted second is "2" and so on. The winner will then be notified and arrangements made to collect their prize!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom