Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wadjet Eye Unavowed - Dave Gilbert's RPG-inspired urban fantasy game

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Last edited:

DaveGilbert

Wadjet Eye Games
Developer
Hi all! Thought I'd top up the thread with a few new screenshots from the game. There are five main hub areas - each representing one of the five burroughs of NYC. We're currently working on Staten Island:

uv-ferry.png

uv-vinny.png

uv-dock.png

Depending on who you bring with you to this area, the following scene will play out slightly differently:

uv-vickia.png

uv-vickib.png

Anyway, we haven't done a ton of self-promotion for this yet because we're elbow deep in production. I'm trying to fix that. Any questions about the game, please send a ping my way!

-Dave

Last edited:

DaveGilbert

Wadjet Eye Games
Developer
I am guestimating late 2017. I started working full time on it back in March when Shardlight launched and I'm at about the 1/3 mark. This game is one I am writing, versus publishing, which means it will take much much longer to get out than usual! That said, now that we got all the initial design niggles out of the way things are moving ahead MUCH faster. When I begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel, I'll announce a release date.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
DaveGilbert I thought Manhattan itself was a borough. Or is that a thing that people do, substitute NYC with Manhattan?

DaveGilbert

Wadjet Eye Games
Developer
Not at the moment. Francisco (Golden Wake/Shardlight) is working on something that I will most likely publish when it's done. And Ben (our usual artist) is trying his hand at designing something when he runs out of Unavowed stuff to do. But nothing I can really announce.

DaveGilbert

Wadjet Eye Games
Developer
DaveGilbert I thought Manhattan itself was a borough. Or is that a thing that people do, substitute NYC with Manhattan?

Hah. Oops. You are right. I used to live in Manhattan and I fell victim to the usual elitism! Most folks would consider Manhtattan the "real" New York City, but it's really made up of:
Manhattan
Brooklyn
Queens
Bronx
Staten Island

I have dutifully edited the post!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom