Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wadjet Eye Unavowed - Dave Gilbert's RPG-inspired urban fantasy game

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

DaveGilbert

Wadjet Eye Games
Developer
Welll, typically I have Twitter, YouTube, Netflix, and countless other things to distract me. When I'm doing a devstream, I can't do any of those things. So perhaps it evens out.

DaveGilbert

Wadjet Eye Games
Developer
Hi all. Been awhile since I posted any new screenshots here. We've been playing around with establishing shots and things and here are some we come up with.

unavowed-wallstreet.gif

unavowed-logan.gif

unavowed-train.gif

unavowed-HQ.gif

In other news, I have implemented everything up to the final act. My goal is to get that fully playable by the end of the year and then start testing the full game in earnest. It's been a long road getting here (two years and counting. Yikes), but I can finally sort of see the end of it.

-Dave

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Hi all. Been awhile since I posted any new screenshots here. We've been playing around with establishing shots and things and here are some we come up with.

unavowed-HQ.gif

In other news, I have implemented everything up to the final act. My goal is to get that fully playable by the end of the year and then start testing the full game in earnest. It's been a long road getting here (two years and counting. Yikes), but I can finally sort of see the end of it.

-Dave

I love this shot.
Reminds me of the old Batman cartoons. Beautiful stuff.
And congrats on getting so far! The first 90% is hard - the next 90% is harder. :D

DaveGilbert

Wadjet Eye Games
Developer
I recently went to AdventureX and the talk I gave is online!

And if you aren't totally sick of watching me talk, I was also interviewed by Adventure Corner:

SilverSpook

Silver Spook Games
Developer
Epic! Man, it must've taken ages to get those panning shots to work in AGS. Great work, Dave and co!

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Steam page:

A demon possessed you one year ago. Since that day, you unwillingly tore a trail of bloodshed through New York City. Your salvation comes in the form of the Unavowed – an ancient society dedicated to stopping evil.

You are free, but your world is in tatters. You have no home, no friends, and are wanted by the police. Your old life is gone, but perhaps you can start a new one. Join the ranks of the Unavowed, and fight against the oncoming darkness.

Features:
  • Choose a male or female protagonist
  • Three playable origin stories
  • Branching storyline
  • A total of four companion characters to choose from, each with their own talents and abilities.
  • Twice the resolution of a typical Wadjet Eye Game!
  • All the usual guff – voice acting, commentary, original music, etc

Release date is not visible on the store page but it's registered as April 19th in SteamDB.

DaveGilbert And it looks like your "Sexual Content" tag let Unavowed join some... peculiar group: http://store.steampowered.com/recommended/morelike/app/336140/

zhHRXI2.jpg

Probably Codexers and fans can help to get the game out of that group early by adding more appropriate tags (like "Point and Click", "Supernatural", "Mystery", "2D", and "Story Rich").

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
So the devs would rather have their game working on Windows ME over Linux? Huh.

DaveGilbert

Wadjet Eye Games
Developer
Buh? I checked and the "mature content" box is DEFINITELY not checked. You're not the first user to report this. I will check!

edit: So either a user was trolling or Valve's algorithm got snarled up. It seems the only way to remove it is to get someone from Valve to do it. So... I emailed my rep and I'm waiting. In the meantime, sorry I guess? If it can't be removed I'll just have to add a lot more sexual content to the game.

edit2: Issue's been fixed!

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom