Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Uncharted Collection, remastered for PS4

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
The improved PS4 versions are available.

And the PS4 version for Uncharted 3 will probably be available soon.

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is the first game from the franchise. It's a little bit raw (there were complains that it was too hard) but it does a tremendous job in setting up the franchise. The story is tight and all the characters are likeable. Even the villain is good.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is probably the best game of the series. All the mechanics were improved (including the controls), the locations and dialogues are good and a new character named Chloe (voiced by Claudia Black) is introduced. However the villain is completely shit therefore the first signs of decline are present.

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is ... bad. The locations are too different, flashbacks are annoying, the villains are completely cartooned, Elena's character is whining for no reason and so on. Well, when they start peddling djinn crap then you know that you're dealing with weak sauce.

Anyway, the games are shit and basically popamole incarnate. These are great movies but lousy games.

And the question is: Where is the border between a game and a movie? Cause I have no clue.

Divinity: Original Sin
Uncharted is kinda like indiana jones 80's movies. It's fun. it has great set pieces.

But sometimed the game drags.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is probably the best game of the series. All the mechanics were improved (including the controls), the locations and dialogues are good and a new character named Chloe (voiced by Claudia Black) is introduced. However the villain is completely shit therefore the first signs of decline are present.

No they weren't, jesus how do all these memes spread? It's just like how everyone is all gay for AssCreed 2 for some reason.

The first game is one of very few to make good use of the PS3 controller's orientation sensors, where you have to balance on logs or use it to aim grenades. Plus it had awesum nazi subs and stuffies. The second game had none of those. And the second game was more popamole-y than the first.

Ivan

Arcane
I remember having a good time with Uncharted 2's online, it had really good movement. But it's not good popamole.

Good popamole would be Max Payne or Dead Space on their highest difficulties.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
No they weren't, jesus how do all these memes spread? It's just like how everyone is all gay for AssCreed 2 for some reason.

The first game is one of very few to make good use of the PS3 controller's orientation sensors, where you have to balance on logs or use it to aim grenades. Plus it had awesum nazi subs and stuffies. The second game had none of those. And the second game was more popamole-y than the first.

The movement and gunplay controls were improved in UC2 but you are correct about the logs balancing and lobbing grenades. Also yes, nazi ubots were fun and left you with head scratching.

But overall I fell like the story is better in UC2 versus UC1 and that's probably why people choose the former. I'm not strong opinionated about these games therefore I can accept that I'm wrong.

Deleted member 7219

This will enrage my usual fan club on here no doubt, but I consider the Uncharted series the best console games of the last generation, topped only by The Last of Us, also developed by Naughty Dog.

Playing them in 1080p at 60 FPS, with updated assets, sounds like a great deal.

A user named cat

This will enrage my usual fan club on here no doubt, but I consider the Uncharted series the best console games of the last generation, topped only by The Last of Us, also developed by Naughty Dog.
I don't know about your "fan club" but as far as last-gen consolemole goes, games like Dragon's Dogma, Red Dead Redemption, Nier, Dark Souls, Motorstorm and Arkham Asylum utterly shits all over Uncharted's cinematic face.

Deleted member 7219

Dark Souls and AA are available on PC. Red Dead Redemption was terrific but dearly needs a sequel and a PC release.

Uncharted was published by Sony, so it will never come to the PC, and should be judged against other console exclusives.

Mustawd

:what:Maybe MP3, but the first 2 were never popamoles.

May Payne was super popamole from the beginning. The hell are you talking about?

The entire game was jump in a room, bullet time, kill everyone in slow motion. Throw in a few cinematics for sniper shots, rinse and repeat, and you're done.

Kem0sabe

Arcane

Playing them in 1080p at 60 FPS, with updated assets, sounds like a great deal.
I agree, some of the most fun I have had with my ps3.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
May Payne was super popamole from the beginning. The hell are you talking about?

The entire game was jump in a room, bullet time, kill everyone in slow motion. Throw in a few cinematics for sniper shots, rinse and repeat, and you're done.
Then we have a different understanding of popamole. Popamole = cover shooter in my book.

Mustawd

Then we have a different understanding of popamole. Popamole = cover shooter in my book.

Gotcha. To me it's anything casual and easy. It might be best described as a cover mechanic, but it's principal of easy gameplay with no challenge can cut across that aspect.

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Own the games on PS3 and have played through 'em all several times. Great stuff! That train level in Uncharted 2... and that goddamn tank!<3

Feels a bit lame how they've been trying to make an Uncharted movie for years now. WHY BOTHER!?* The games are these awesome adventures with amazing set pieces, anything they'll end up doing with real live people on film will just be WEAK in comparison.

*fucking money, I know.

Machocruz

Arcane
Seems like I might like the first Uncharted. Went straight to the second one. Wasn't impressed. The story was less Raiders quality and more 90s WB adventure show starring Bruce Campbell quality. Trivial platforming or whatever you want to call it, with auto corrected jumps for the scrubs. Gun selection was boring and feedback wasn't very satisfying. Enemy variety wasn't great. The tank set piece far out did all others, because it actually affected how I played the game instead of being essentially a backdrop for the same old mole popping. Of course the easier, more spectacle heavy game got more praise from the plebs. A well made game isn't necessarily an interesting game, which ties into some feelings I have about the hubbub surrounding 10/10 review scores and the idea of perfection, but that's for another day.

I'm just going to accept my hipster status and say that if the first Uncharted got criticized for being too hard, it's probably a better game for me. In today's parlance, "too hard" usually means "it required competence from me."

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
The tank set piece far out did all others, because it actually affected how I played the game instead of being essentially a backdrop for the same old mole popping.

At least the blue dudes definitely affected how you played the game too.:P That's one gimmick I liked about the Uncharted games. All three throw a complete curveball your way towards the end with a completely new time of enemy.

As far as Uncharted 1 being more difficult than 2, yeah, think it might be. At least IIRC, I had more trouble with 1 on 'Crushing' than with 2.

Machocruz

Arcane
At least the blue dudes definitely affected how you played the game too

Another part of the game where I seem to differ from the (forums) majority . I liked fighting the blue guys. In fact, everything after the train sequence got better and better to me, so by the time I was finished I had come around to enjoying the game. Not as much as other people, but enough to probably give it a second playthrough in the future.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
So what is this shit, anyway? The console exclusive version of Far Cry?

Deleted member 7219

So, I've got this now and I've been playing Uncharted 1 today.

The gameplay has not aged very well. The wave-based repetitive nature of the shooting is quite exhausting. They've done an excellent job updating the visuals, though, and the 60 FPS is a definite improvement.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom