Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail [PRE-RELEASE THREAD, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
  • Tranquility - reworked: now reduces AP cost of all psi abilities by 10 while the invoker is at full health

TBH, that's really, really overpowered. Considering the amount of disables available to you, it's really easy not to take any amount of damage in combat - at least not for a couple of first turns. I actually played through the old demo with a tri-school pure psion char and that's how my combats went on - damage, disable, damage, disable, rinse and repeat until they're dead. That is, if they lasted that long. And with this change and the new old premeditation (which is fine by its own, mind you), we're talking about potential 3x electrokinesis on your first turn - that's a ton of AoE damage and three foes stunned.

And even if you do get damaged, just shoot up that hypo and you're still getting a huge boost for a turn.

Otherwise, great changes.

anus_pounder

Arcane
The amount of damage blocked for each impact speed depends on the modulators used to craft/generate the shield emitter, but overall shield emitters are much more effective against higher impact speeds, so melee characters and, to a lesser extent crossbow users, will have an edge when fighting shielded enemies.

:what:

THE SLOW BLADE PENETRATES THE SHIELD!

Dune-2.jpg

1318353210708_roviDune_Overlay_768_1024_768x1024_20415735.jpg

dune_4.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist. :oops:

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
  • Tranquility - reworked: now reduces AP cost of all psi abilities by 10 while the invoker is at full health

TBH, that's really, really overpowered. Considering the amount of disables available to you, it's really easy not to take any amount of damage in combat - at least not for a couple of first turns. I actually played through the old demo with a tri-school pure psion char and that's how my combats went on - damage, disable, damage, disable, rinse and repeat until they're dead. That is, if they lasted that long. And with this change and the new old premeditation (which is fine by its own, mind you), we're talking about potential 3x electrokinesis on your first turn - that's a ton of AoE damage and three foes stunned.

And even if you do get damaged, just shoot up that hypo and you're still getting a huge boost for a turn.

Otherwise, great changes.

I've been very generous when buffing the old feats. My primary goal with this is to make these feats a valid choice again first and then we'll worry about toning them down if necessary, possibly even before the new version is released.

eklektyk

Erudite
so i fumbled with it a little and still get crash here :

mmG3qeR.png

if u want i can send u save file and crash reports [pm me with mail details or smth]

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
Yeah, send it to admin et underrail dot com. Is this area somewhere near Junkyard?

eklektyk

Erudite
junkyard is up north [moment earlier i fought 2 azurites here]

edity: mail sent [it could be some software glitch on my laptop but since its in "alpha" i can report problems :) not to mention that so far its THE only glitch i got so thumbs up]

Last edited:

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
Found it, fixed it. Thanks for the help. :)

Btw, I'm glad to see you're finding the compass useful. :P

It would actually be quite neat if cardinal orientation varied in some places ie. North not always to the top right in game screen, purposely to screw with the player, so the compass would actually serve a purpose for those who remembered to use it.

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
It would actually be quite neat if cardinal orientation varied in some places ie. North not always to the top right in game screen, purposely to screw with the player, so the compass would actually serve a purpose for those who remembered to use it.

We have something similar planned for an area in Deep Caverns. ;)

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Finally bought it on steam and learned that you can customize the bullet order in your weapon clip. I'm in heaven! Also, took the wrong turn, got mauled by dogs and some bandits, but I will be back!

I'm definitively going to do something like that, though I have to figure out how to fit it into the smaller windows.

Based on the lowest resolution and with less buttons; instead of dedicated multiple-selection buttons, you just right-click the buttons to select multiple:

LdgnLZv.gif

And alternate multiple selection indicators:

C9CLTfy.gif

fS3sIZA.gif

efuCFEb.gif

Solution compatible with all resolutions

railway

Educated
Did you fight in the Lower Underrail there? If so, those areas are a bit tough for a new character. The SGS outposts that you need to visit in the first quest shouldn't be so difficult since I've been toning down the early game difficulty steadily for a while now.

Yeah nevermind, I was just being a retard and, like you said, went straight to the Lower Underrail instead of the "Beginner's Cave" where things are in fact a lot easier (it wasn't really obvious to me that one can talk to Malcolm(?) without lockpicking his door first).
Still, after trying different builds and equipment the Lower Underrail became easier for a level 1 character, too. It's nice how little changes can have big impact in combat; just buying a single grenade allowed me to turn the tides in a fight where I was steamrolled earlier. The loot from that fight was enough to kickstart more succesful ventures into the Underrail.

Functionality suggestion:

CTRL + Left click to immediately remove 1 item from a stack
CTRL + Right click to immediately transfer 1 item from a stack

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
i like that feeling of gettin lost and not knowing wheter this will end in reload coz of untimely death ....
it's reminiscent of fallout when you step out of the rat cave and have no idea what the fuck to do and is nice for a little bit, but eventually it just gets on my nerves when i want to quickly travel from one far away place to another and there is nothing that could possibly hurt me anymore in between..

eklektyk

Erudite
i like that feeling of gettin lost and not knowing wheter this will end in reload coz of untimely death ....
it's reminiscent of fallout when you step out of the rat cave and have no idea what the fuck to do and is nice for a little bit, but eventually it just gets on my nerves when i want to quickly travel from one far away place to another and there is nothing that could possibly hurt me anymore in between..
well to preserve that initial feeling of exploration we can hope styg can add somekind of map as a buyable comodity, say after halfpoint of gamestory or smth

bledcarrot

Educated
How is this coming along? I played it last about four months ago and was loving where it was going. Decided to hold off until release but I'm thinking about peaking back in.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
How is this coming along? I played it last about four months ago and was loving where it was going. Decided to hold off until release but I'm thinking about peaking back in.

It's coming along great! They've added some new areas and new oddity xp system suits game very well. It'll be a fresh experience even if you played it before.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath

The improvements in balance and gameplay since then are insane. So, so good. It was good but is now shaping up to be classic, imo.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Yeah, shit is so good that I spent my hard earned potatoes on it!

I managed to get to the Rail Crossing mission and decided to stop there and wait for the full game to come out. But boy, that will be one hard wait for me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom