Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail [PRE-RELEASE THREAD, GO TO NEW THREAD]

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
I've got 7 moleskine pages and counting full of notes which I intend to transpose in a feedback summary once I've done all there is to do in version 0.1.11.0 (which is a fucking fuck of a lot so it still might be awhile) but I just wanted to pop in and say that I am absolutely blown away by the depth of what I thought was going to be a minor side-quest and has so far ended up as one of the most well-designed, well-written and just plain fun quests in an RPG in recent memory. I'm talking about:

The Rathound King quest. Wow. Seriously. It took me at least an hour of exploring and messing around before I even knew for sure I was on the right track. Then the traps. Then the labyrinth. Then the lair! Fucking brilliant. And then to top it all off I had the quest cut short early when I decided to tell the wrong person the wrong joke. Hah! Have to turn it off for now but am looking very much forward to reloading again tomorrow. Cheers, Styg and team!

i thought that one was fantastic too, lots of different ways to handle it

relaying the joke to him was great, PC wondering if he didn't like it or just didn't get it was hilarious. it would be nice if he got a bit friendlier after you become ratbrothers, have the questions about traps or trading lead somewhere at that point?

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Hirato, any luck with wine yet? For us linux users, I managed to install and run the game but it randomly crashes on keyboard input.

I grabbed the demo.
It boots to the main menu for me, but then instantly crashes with the following trace.
I need to find a way around it, as installing wmp10 via winetricks didn't workaround it as I'd hoped.

Code:
Unhandled Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: Song playback failed. Please verify that the song is not DRM protected. DRM protected songs are not supported for creator games. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: An unexpected error has occurred.
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Media.MediaQueue.Play(Song song)
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Media.MediaPlayer.Play(Song song)
  at avc.a(af1 A_0)
  at avc..ctor(arp A_0, Single A_1)
  at a50.f9(a8f A_0)
  at s7.c(a8f A_0)
  at af1.mu(a8f A_0)
  at ax3.a(a8f A_0)
  at k0.Update(GameTime gameTime)
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
  at x4.a(String[] A_0)

EDIT: directmusic did it, playing around now.
EDIT2: seems to work fine, but any and all sound effects are very loopy.

Last edited:

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Ok, Styg here we go. As promised, here are the notes I've taken for release 0.1.11.0. Most of it covers ground relevant to the new content for this release, since I was playing with a save which had already covered all previous quests. That said, I did visit each area and there might be a few minor notes regarding them here and there. Brace yourself, it's kind of a lot.

Spoiler'd this for those of you not caught up.

First up, Bugs and/or Potential Buggy Issues:
  • There is a room in Foundry which does not seem accessible. Am I missing something? (pic 1)
  • Olivia's quest seems broken insomuch as I told her I'd report her husband to the Chief but nothing else came of it and no dialogue options for the Chief changed.
  • I didn't take a screen of it because I forgot, but there were some crazy number requirements for certain crafting items. Like upwards of 100-800....is this possibly correct??
  • A few vents which were opened with the omni tool found themselves mysteriously closed after a subsequent load.
  • Not allowed to use Red Dream mushroom in crafting?
  • An instance where a Siphoner in a cave didn't "die" per se and still registered as a threat.
  • There's a room in lower Underrail with some fenced in rathounds, a dead body and a fridge which has no map exit or way to return to previous screen!
  • Zone transition failed. (pic 2)
  • Crawler poison listed as "Cave Ear Poison" in inventory and crafting menu.
  • Strange door in wall near Foundry. (pic 3)
  • In the Anarchist Bandit camp by the stolen train there are some containers which do not have a floating description.
  • In Junkyard, after siding with Black Eels, near doctor trader a scrapper thug got up after dying...shot at me...died again...rinse, repeat.
Potential Tweaking:
  • The critter regeneration seems particularly quick, especially in areas like the burrower mine in Camp Hathor.
  • I feel like it should be made more clear how IMPORTANT considering and subsequently using SGS as a homebase, hub, reference point really is. It took me a weird and unintuitive pattern of thoughts before I thought to visit Quinton and Ezra in order to further a Foundry quest. I personally feel like an earlier precedent needs to be set where you have already had to come back to these guys more than once or it has been potentially hinted at somehow that they are people you'd want to talk to even when not performing SGS quests. Perhaps though, SGS as I've suggested will be more clear in the final game. And cheers to you for that! It has always been a wish of mine for an RPG like this to incorporate a hub which is actually meaningful, useful and necessary!
  • In the inventory the psi-amplifier objectively looks "good" but a little out of place. I prefer the default/original look of the game's items.
  • Some items don't re-stack when hitting "sort".
  • I dislike the shield recharging being set on an auto-use of sorts. It's almost always wasteful unless you start walking before the next charge.
  • Perhaps crafting bear traps shouldn't give us so many traps?
  • Level Cap at 20?! NO. Styg? No.
  • If you have a high enough Trap skill I feel like you should be able to use the "disarm trap" on yourself if you accidentally step in one (especially if it's your own).
  • Why the non-lootable TNT?
  • Cannot, to my knowledge, unload the blob pistol.
  • Can we make the sound mute when doing an alt-tab?
  • Perhaps the ability to poison already-made traps/weapons?
  • In Camp Hathor it was unclear what I was taught by Edgar as a thank you (though I did eventually figure it out). Maybe a floating text should happen there?
  • I feel like the value of what traders are looking for should go up like supply and demand would normally lead to.
  • The way money splits during trading in inventory is a little annoying. Would be nice if money auto-stacked in inventory.
  • Hey, protectorate, I just did y'all a favor by getting that damn train...maybe you could let me use the elevator to go down?

A Wishlist of Sorts:

• A blob gun reload which works like the regular gun reloads on the main screen UI would be nice.
  • Character look changes with armor change (this did happen with Rathound King's gear which was a great implementation, though it would be nice to see a difference between goggles, balaclava, headgear, armor, etc in general).
  • Which leads me to: Character and PC Portraits! I'm sure you mean to implement them eventually, I'm simply pointing out how excited for them I am.
  • Renting Lockers. So, I lost a big bundle of stuff I was carrying because I can't remember where I stashed it. Now don't get me wrong, I love being able to stash stuff...but perhaps we can rent out lockers in towns? It'd be a great thing for space cadets like me. Trust me...the amount of time I've spent trying to track down where I stashed that robot remote control...FUCK!
  • Using "Alt-Left click" for crafting the same way you do between inventory and containers would be awesome.
  • After defeating Ratking Hound and sealing the burrower mine the people in Camp Hathor allude to a newfound lack of rathounds and creatures. This doesn't actually become the case though, yet for C&C purposes it really should.
  • Would have been nice to read something interesting on the computer in that basement in Junkyard with that mysterious disc item.
Stuff I Really Liked:
  • The cart/lever system in the Foundry mine was very, very cool. Great implementation of a very useful system!
  • Bryan in Foundry is a great character. More flavor material like this, please!
  • Really glad there's no re-spawning other than critters and the remains always lying where you left them. A nice sense of accomplishment is felt when revisiting areas because of this.
  • Loved the exploration surprises such as the Lost Vault Traders and Lurker Smugglers. Might be nice if every now and then a small quest were attached to such encounters. Would really go a long way in fleshing out the game-world, imo.
  • Dialogue options after drowning the burrowers in Hathor were hilarious. Again, more of this!
  • It's in my previous post in this thread but every single thing about the Rathound King quest was goddamned perfect. He even noticed my trap and fucking disarmed it! Again and again...MORE LIKE THIS.
  • Fredd and the nap! Fucking lol. MORE LIKE THIS!
  • I'm usually not a Steam achievement dork but for some reason it was so goddamned satisfying every single time I got an achievement alert in this game. Part of it is obviously the fantastic artwork.

Spelling Errors:

• "Faseless" cropped up a few times. Should be "Faceless".
  • Kevin dialogue, post-Foundry beast "remeber" should be "remember".
  • Remote "Rat" bar the word "remeber" crops up again.
  • In the Quest/Notes page for Hathor the word "misterious" is used when "mysterious" is the correct spelling.
  • Rathound King dialogue: "It makes my so angry" should be "me" not "my". Also "no woman I've ever__"?
  • During Fredd's story "mysterios" should be "mysterious".
  • Protectorate soldier "thatwas" no space in-between words.
I Don't Get It:
  • If there's a purpose to or connection with the Olivia TNT story and the mixing of chemicals on her desk it was lost on me.
  • Is there a purpose to the beast's skull? If not I guess I'll, um, just keep it in the footlocker next to my bed in SGS.
  • What is that mysterious disc item in that Junkyard basement!
Ok, that's it. I was super sad to say goodbye after realizing I'd done everything and searched every tile of the game today. Guess I'll just go to bed until the next update. (pic 4)

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Ok, hopefully some of this is helpful!

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I am weak and therefore can't wait for release of the final version so I continued playing yesterday.
That new oddity system is fun indeed, but I miss being rewarded XP for every little action, especially killing stuff. Harvesting organs and skins isn't enough.
I guess for some people that might be a deal breaker, but I think it's alright. At least there's always a chance that one of the enemies drops an oddity (would be great if it was chance-based which ones do ... or is that already the case?) so it still pays off to kill'em all.

One small thing that bothers me is the lack of keyboard shortcuts. Maybe there is a way, but I couldn't find out how to "take all" from loot containers using the keyboard. And I'd love to be able to navigate the inventory and trade screen by keyboard.

other minor stuff:
Combat is kinda bugged if you fight enemies that are standing on an adjacent tile but half covered by a wall. Sometimes either your char or them are unable to attack. That made one of the early rathound fights in a narrow passageway in that 5 generator area very easy because they closed in on me but couldn't attack while I could. So in the end they just lined up to be butchered.

One time I found 2 different piles of the same loot in the same container. It was a locker with 2 psi boosters and another one in a second pile. Dunno if that's intended.

I'd love to see that double door bioscan base entry utilized in a meaningful way at some point throughout the story. Would be awesome if it wasn't just a gimmick.

Is there any reason why I should choose not to swallow the Alice in Wonderland pill to active psi abilities?
I swallowed it even though I don't plan to use psi because why not.

Last edited:

Yoshiyyahu

Arcane
Patron
TwinkieGorilla

Pic 1 can be accessed, there is a door at the northwestern end of the room. You might have to hold control or alt or whatever it is to click on it.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
My char has a taser equipped, works pretty much like a stun baton.

Wished I didn't level mercantile btw, I'm swimming in money and loot. I could have needed these points for traps or persuade.

The crafting system continues to be the main hook for me, extremely addictive stuff. I didn't have that much fun with an RPG in a very long while. :salute:

agris

Arcane
Patron
Can you add weapon mods like laser sight to existing weapons yet?

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Crap, just stumbled over a nasty little bug.
At some vendor in Junkyard (I think it was the guy in that shack near the harbor) I clicked that transfer all button by mistake (I think it's completely useless btw), clicked reset afterwards and finished the deal I wanted. A couple of screens and 2 quicksaves later I try to install that wiretap thingy in the embassy and WTF, it vanished! And all the other items in the plot section with it. :(
My last real save was maybe 4 hours earlier.
I don't know if that transaction at that vendor is to blame or if the stuff just vanished somewhere else. Shortly before I still had all the stuff.
:rage:

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
After that bug I restarted of course, this time playing some kind of Psi monk:
DEX 9, AG at 8, WIS 10, INT 5, rest 3 I think...
going for unarmed and fist fighting feats mostly, using stealth for stealing things in front of people's noses and thought control plus psychokinesis for crowd control and making my melee skills even more awesome.
Skill points are spreading a little thin atm, can't do much crafting with this build. The fighting is way more fun than with my heavy gunner build though. Maybe dodge and evasion are a little op, especially when I will choose the evasive maneuvers feat later. Dunno about this though, will see.

Last edited:

Yoshiyyahu

Arcane
Patron
I tried a stealthy knife-fighter with a little bit of thought control for CC and I am having alot of trouble in the Junkyard Depot. I don't do any damage, even with critical hits and I get absolutely slaughtered by a dog or two. I tried stealthing, but even with maxed stealth and 10 agility I am always discovered. I have 5 intelligence and, at level 7, I cannot craft a decent knife (with electric stun.)

In contrast, I played a full psi character (max will, 10 intelligence and 8 con) and it was much smoother.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
and I get absolutely slaughtered by a dog or two.

You can get +2 INT temporary from the junkyard surprise (with some reloads), that may help. Also, knife-fighter really needs either grenades or traps, and though control is not the best school for him. Even so, the locus of control + fear combo should still work (but I guess you don't have the 10 will for it).

jdinatale

Cipher
Hey, I haven't been following this thread, but I did buy Underrail and was waiting for it to be finished before playing. How many hours of gameplay is projected?

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
I would also highly recommend traps for any stealth character. Junkyard depot is very difficult, but a stealthy character who takes his or her time can do a lot of clean up with some patience. Also, Pope's character creation vid is a good guide...and while I didn't watch the entire thing he brings up a great point that you should think very carefully about what kind of character you want from the beginning and focus on 3 major skills that you're going to be really good at from the start. A player who really takes advantage of the game's vast areas to explore shouldn't have too tough a time leveling up using the oddity system so as you continue it is easy to round your character out a bit more.

Yoshiyyahu

Arcane
Patron
I played a psi character and only really focused on psi skills (the rest were all crafting skills) and I had no problem whatsoever with any areas of the game. I never had to buy armour, I never bought weapons - the only things I bought were psi pots and high quality crafting materials. I can't remember any areas that required any kind of succour like savescumming or AI exploits. Junkyard took me some time, but mostly due to me running out of psi and having to fetch more from the traders. If I started a new game, it would be even easier considering how beefed up Telekinetic punch is (my current character with +crit damage, +psychokinetics can do something absurd like 600 damage with it) and how simple it is to chain CC.

Styg, would it be possible to get a rough guideline of the max quality level of crafing components for each update? I have seen electronic components in high 80s / mid 90s, but the best psi beetle carapace I have found is at 44 quality. Am I close to the maximum at this stage in the game?

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
Styg, would it be possible to get a rough guideline of the max quality level of crafing components for each update? I have seen electronic components in high 80s / mid 90s, but the best psi beetle carapace I have found is at 44 quality. Am I close to the maximum at this stage in the game?

Yeah, that's the current endgame stuff.

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
Crap, just stumbled over a nasty little bug.
At some vendor in Junkyard (I think it was the guy in that shack near the harbor) I clicked that transfer all button by mistake (I think it's completely useless btw), clicked reset afterwards and finished the deal I wanted. A couple of screens and 2 quicksaves later I try to install that wiretap thingy in the embassy and WTF, it vanished! And all the other items in the plot section with it. :(
My last real save was maybe 4 hours earlier.
I don't know if that transaction at that vendor is to blame or if the stuff just vanished somewhere else. Shortly before I still had all the stuff.
:rage:

Sorry about that. :/ It's fixed for the next update.

So, what new weapons and armors are available?
Styg, did you ever make a stun baton or stun gun?

Electrical pistol will be able to stun (coming in the next update). There's also the taser as was said.

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
Thanks for the feedback. I'll post my comments below. (We'll fix the map and quest bugs and spelling errors, so there's not much to say about that.)

First up, Bugs and/or Potential Buggy Issues:
  • There is a room in Foundry which does not seem accessible. Am I missing something? (pic 1)
  • Olivia's quest seems broken insomuch as I told her I'd report her husband to the Chief but nothing else came of it and no dialogue options for the Chief changed.
  • I didn't take a screen of it because I forgot, but there were some crazy number requirements for certain crafting items. Like upwards of 100-800....is this possibly correct??
    • Can you remember a part of components name or something like that? Would help me track it down.
  • A few vents which were opened with the omni tool found themselves mysteriously closed after a subsequent load.
    • Location would be useful. :)
  • Not allowed to use Red Dream mushroom in crafting?
    • Not yet.
  • An instance where a Siphoner in a cave didn't "die" per se and still registered as a threat.
    • What happened to it then?
  • There's a room in lower Underrail with some fenced in rathounds, a dead body and a fridge which has no map exit or way to return to previous screen!
  • Zone transition failed. (pic 2)
  • Crawler poison listed as "Cave Ear Poison" in inventory and crafting menu.
    • Fixed.
  • Strange door in wall near Foundry. (pic 3)
  • In the Anarchist Bandit camp by the stolen train there are some containers which do not have a floating description.
  • In Junkyard, after siding with Black Eels, near doctor trader a scrapper thug got up after dying...shot at me...died again...rinse, repeat.
Potential Tweaking:
  • The critter regeneration seems particularly quick, especially in areas like the burrower mine in Camp Hathor.
    • You mean respawning rate? It's meant to be like that in that area.
  • I feel like it should be made more clear how IMPORTANT considering and subsequently using SGS as a homebase, hub, reference point really is. It took me a weird and unintuitive pattern of thoughts before I thought to visit Quinton and Ezra in order to further a Foundry quest. I personally feel like an earlier precedent needs to be set where you have already had to come back to these guys more than once or it has been potentially hinted at somehow that they are people you'd want to talk to even when not performing SGS quests. Perhaps though, SGS as I've suggested will be more clear in the final game. And cheers to you for that! It has always been a wish of mine for an RPG like this to incorporate a hub which is actually meaningful, useful and necessary!
    • Yeah, we plan to make SGS more relevant and more like a home base in the future.
  • In the inventory the psi-amplifier objectively looks "good" but a little out of place. I prefer the default/original look of the game's items.
  • Some items don't re-stack when hitting "sort".
    • Are they meant to restack? I dunno. :/
  • I dislike the shield recharging being set on an auto-use of sorts. It's almost always wasteful unless you start walking before the next charge.
    • The programming is such that it attempts to be the least wasteful, but yeah, I get what you mean. On the other hand, a full shield emitter can save your life so it'd make sense for the character to want to keep it charged fully. :P
  • Perhaps crafting bear traps shouldn't give us so many traps?
    • I think it's fine.
  • Level Cap at 20?! NO. Styg? No.
    • Yes. (will be increased to 25/30 later on)
  • If you have a high enough Trap skill I feel like you should be able to use the "disarm trap" on yourself if you accidentally step in one (especially if it's your own).
    • Heh, I guess, though I doubt I'll implement that.
  • Why the non-lootable TNT?
    • We sometimes use containers and other stuff purely as decoration. We'll put at least one lootable TNT at those places.
  • Cannot, to my knowledge, unload the blob pistol.
    • It's meant to be this way.
  • Can we make the sound mute when doing an alt-tab?
    • Shouldn't be a problem.
  • Perhaps the ability to poison already-made traps/weapons?
    • Maybe.
  • In Camp Hathor it was unclear what I was taught by Edgar as a thank you (though I did eventually figure it out). Maybe a floating text should happen there?
    • These sort of stuff is generally only written to the log.
  • I feel like the value of what traders are looking for should go up like supply and demand would normally lead to.
    • That would be nice, but I don't think I'll have time to work on the trading system again.
  • The way money splits during trading in inventory is a little annoying. Would be nice if money auto-stacked in inventory.
    • Will look into this.
  • Hey, protectorate, I just did y'all a favor by getting that damn train...maybe you could let me use the elevator to go down?
    • Yeah, that'd make sense. We'll fix it.
A Wishlist of Sorts:
  • A blob gun reload which works like the regular gun reloads on the main screen UI would be nice.
    • It was supposed to work like this. Fixed for the next update.
  • Character look changes with armor change (this did happen with Rathound King's gear which was a great implementation, though it would be nice to see a difference between goggles, balaclava, headgear, armor, etc in general).
    • Distinct armor categories do change your appearance (leather, leather with stealth overcoat, leather with regular overcoat, vest, vest with stealth overcoat...etc). It is, however, all but impossible to have each and every variation (cave hopper leather, rathound leather, etc) have its own graphics.
  • Which leads me to: Character and PC Portraits! I'm sure you mean to implement them eventually, I'm simply pointing out how excited for them I am.
    • Yep, we'll get those in eventually.
  • Renting Lockers. So, I lost a big bundle of stuff I was carrying because I can't remember where I stashed it. Now don't get me wrong, I love being able to stash stuff...but perhaps we can rent out lockers in towns? It'd be a great thing for space cadets like me. Trust me...the amount of time I've spent trying to track down where I stashed that robot remote control...FUCK!
    • Maybe be able to stash it in the train...
  • Using "Alt-Left click" for crafting the same way you do between inventory and containers would be awesome.
    • I'll look into this when I get around to polishing the controls.
  • After defeating Ratking Hound and sealing the burrower mine the people in Camp Hathor allude to a newfound lack of rathounds and creatures. This doesn't actually become the case though, yet for C&C purposes it really should.
    • Burrowers don't respawn anymore once you flood the mine. Nothing changes with rathounds, but they were never really that close to the camp anyway, it was more a reference to how the king use to send the rathounds after them.
  • Would have been nice to read something interesting on the computer in that basement in Junkyard with that mysterious disc item.
    • But then it wouldn't be so mysterious. I have plans for that disc...
Stuff I Really Liked:
  • The cart/lever system in the Foundry mine was very, very cool. Great implementation of a very useful system!
  • Bryan in Foundry is a great character. More flavor material like this, please!
    • You didn't meet the Dude yet? :)
  • Really glad there's no re-spawning other than critters and the remains always lying where you left them. A nice sense of accomplishment is felt when revisiting areas because of this.
  • Loved the exploration surprises such as the Lost Vault Traders and Lurker Smugglers. Might be nice if every now and then a small quest were attached to such encounters. Would really go a long way in fleshing out the game-world, imo.
    • We had plans to add one there, but ran out of this for this particular update. Might revisit this at some point.
  • Dialogue options after drowning the burrowers in Hathor were hilarious. Again, more of this!
  • It's in my previous post in this thread but every single thing about the Rathound King quest was goddamned perfect. He even noticed my trap and fucking disarmed it! Again and again...MORE LIKE THIS.
    • We're very happy to hear this. :) It was a real pain in the ass to script and test all the possible outcomes of this quest.
  • Fredd and the nap! Fucking lol. MORE LIKE THIS!
  • I'm usually not a Steam achievement dork but for some reason it was so goddamned satisfying every single time I got an achievement alert in this game. Part of it is obviously the fantastic artwork.
Spelling Errors:
  • "Faseless" cropped up a few times. Should be "Faceless".
  • Kevin dialogue, post-Foundry beast "remeber" should be "remember".
  • Remote "Rat" bar the word "remeber" crops up again.
  • In the Quest/Notes page for Hathor the word "misterious" is used when "mysterious" is the correct spelling.
  • Rathound King dialogue: "It makes my so angry" should be "me" not "my". Also "no woman I've ever__"?
  • During Fredd's story "mysterios" should be "mysterious".
  • Protectorate soldier "thatwas" no space in-between words.
I Don't Get It:
  • If there's a purpose to or connection with the Olivia TNT story and the mixing of chemicals on her desk it was lost on me.
    • It's a way to kill her and make it look like an accident.
  • Is there a purpose to the beast's skull? If not I guess I'll, um, just keep it in the footlocker next to my bed in SGS.
    • Maybe you'll be able to hang it on the wall at some point. ;)
  • What is that mysterious disc item in that Junkyard basement!
    • I'll never tell...

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
I had that bug where you can't hit opponents with melee attacks again and made a screenshot.
wAeoFLm.jpg

I can't attack him with melee and I can't move anymore (guess because of those rocks beside me). The siphoner attacks me though.
Guns work but Rocky doesn't use no stinkin' guns.

Another thing I hope you'll change sometime in the future is resolution scaling. It was a bit of trial and error to find a resolution where I can see shit on my TV monitor. The higher resolutions are out of the question because icons and fonts are much too small there (font size option "large" isn't large enough for me). I'm playing with 1280x800 atm and that's fine. The high resolutions seem rather useless to me, maybe the icons/text would be large enough on a video projector plus screen.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Thanks for the feedback.

Happy to help.

I didn't take a screen of it because I forgot, but there were some crazy number requirements for certain crafting items. Like upwards of 100-800....is this possibly correct??
  • Can you remember a part of components name or something like that? Would help me track it down.
Aaiieee. I can try and relocate it. I feel like it was vendors in Foundry though.

A few vents which were opened with the omni tool found themselves mysteriously closed after a subsequent load.
  • Location would be useful.
Of course. This was in, I believe, the area where you find the robot remote.

Not allowed to use Red Dream mushroom in crafting?
  • Not yet.
K.

An instance where a Siphoner in a cave didn't "die" per se and still registered as a threat.
  • What happened to it then?
It just stayed still with it's death art, yet remained as a "threat" and was un-lootable. It may even be the same screen as the post above me.

Crawler poison listed as "Cave Ear Poison" in inventory and crafting menu.
  • Fixed.
:bro:

The critter regeneration seems particularly quick, especially in areas like the burrower mine in Camp Hathor.
  • You mean respawning rate? It's meant to be like that in that area.
Yes. Ok.
I feel like it should be made more clear how IMPORTANT considering and subsequently using SGS as a homebase, hub, reference point really is. It took me a weird and unintuitive pattern of thoughts before I thought to visit Quinton and Ezra in order to further a Foundry quest. I personally feel like an earlier precedent needs to be set where you have already had to come back to these guys more than once or it has been potentially hinted at somehow that they are people you'd want to talk to even when not performing SGS quests. Perhaps though, SGS as I've suggested will be more clear in the final game. And cheers to you for that! It has always been a wish of mine for an RPG like this to incorporate a hub which is actually meaningful, useful and necessary!
  • Yeah, we plan to make SGS more relevant and more like a home base in the future.
Word, looking forward to it!

Some items don't re-stack when hitting "sort".
  • Are they meant to restack? I dunno. :/
Dude. Come on.
I dislike the shield recharging being set on an auto-use of sorts. It's almost always wasteful unless you start walking before the next charge.
  • The programming is such that it attempts to be the least wasteful, but yeah, I get what you mean. On the other hand, a full shield emitter can save your life so it'd make sense for the character to want to keep it charged fully.
Yes, but it's very easy to manage this yourself. Again, the auto-fill is a poor implementation. Maybe a toggle somewhere to de-select auto?
Perhaps crafting bear traps shouldn't give us so many traps?
  • I think it's fine.
Well I think it's verging on exploitable.
Level Cap at 20?! NO. Styg? No.
  • Yes. (will be increased to 25/30 later on)
Interesting. So I take it this means we've already got 2/3rds of the game? You better get to work on Underrail II if that's the case!
If you have a high enough Trap skill I feel like you should be able to use the "disarm trap" on yourself if you accidentally step in one (especially if it's your own).
  • Heh, I guess, though I doubt I'll implement that.
:x

Why the non-lootable TNT?
  • We sometimes use containers and other stuff purely as decoration. We'll put at least one lootable TNT at those places.
Cannot, to my knowledge, unload the blob pistol.
  • It's meant to be this way.
Can we make the sound mute when doing an alt-tab?
  • Shouldn't be a problem.
Perhaps the ability to poison already-made traps/weapons?
  • Maybe.
I feel like the value of what traders are looking for should go up like supply and demand would normally lead to.
  • That would be nice, but I don't think I'll have time to work on the trading system again.
The way money splits during trading in inventory is a little annoying. Would be nice if money auto-stacked in inventory.
  • Will look into this.
Hey, protectorate, I just did y'all a favor by getting that damn train...maybe you could let me use the elevator to go down?
  • Yeah, that'd make sense. We'll fix it.

A blob gun reload which works like the regular gun reloads on the main screen UI would be nice.

• It was supposed to work like this. Fixed for the next update.
Character look changes with armor change (this did happen with Rathound King's gear which was a great implementation, though it would be nice to see a difference between goggles, balaclava, headgear, armor, etc in general).
  • Distinct armor categories do change your appearance (leather, leather with stealth overcoat, leather with regular overcoat, vest, vest with stealth overcoat...etc). It is, however, all but impossible to have each and every variation (cave hopper leather, rathound leather, etc) have its own graphics.
I wasn't talking about different versions of types of equipment...but things like headgear changing would be particularly nice though. If not possible, not the biggest deal obviously.
Which leads me to: Character and PC Portraits! I'm sure you mean to implement them eventually, I'm simply pointing out how excited for them I am.
  • Yep, we'll get those in eventually.
Renting Lockers. So, I lost a big bundle of stuff I was carrying because I can't remember where I stashed it. Now don't get me wrong, I love being able to stash stuff...but perhaps we can rent out lockers in towns? It'd be a great thing for space cadets like me. Trust me...the amount of time I've spent trying to track down where I stashed that robot remote control...FUCK!
  • Maybe be able to stash it in the train...
That would be great, yeah.
Using "Alt-Left click" for crafting the same way you do between inventory and containers would be awesome.
  • I'll look into this when I get around to polishing the controls.
Great!
Would have been nice to read something interesting on the computer in that basement in Junkyard with that mysterious disc item.
  • But then it wouldn't be so mysterious. I have plans for that disc...
Styg, don't be lazy. A good writer should be able to convey mystery without giving things away. Little pieces of flavor on computers were the only good thing about FO3's writing. Obviously this isn't the case for this game, but little treats like that go a long way.

Bryan in Foundry is a great character. More flavor material like this, please!

• You didn't meet the Dude yet?
I did...but...he didn't have any dialogue?
Really glad there's no re-spawning other than critters and the remains always lying where you left them. A nice sense of accomplishment is felt when revisiting areas because of this.
Loved the exploration surprises such as the Lost Vault Traders and Lurker Smugglers. Might be nice if every now and then a small quest were attached to such encounters. Would really go a long way in fleshing out the game-world, imo.

• We had plans to add one there, but ran out of this for this particular update. Might revisit this at some point.
Not just there specifically, but a few sprinkled mini-quests in these hidden locations would be pretty neat.
Dialogue options after drowning the burrowers in Hathor were hilarious. Again, more of this!
It's in my previous post in this thread but every single thing about the Rathound King quest was goddamned perfect. He even noticed my trap and fucking disarmed it! Again and again...MORE LIKE THIS.

• We're very happy to hear this. :) It was a real pain in the ass to script and test all the possible outcomes of this quest.
I'm sure it was but the more material like this you have the more memorable your game will be in the end. ;)
If there's a purpose to or connection with the Olivia TNT story and the mixing of chemicals on her desk it was lost on me.
  • It's a way to kill her and make it look like an accident.
I mean specifically: Is there a connection with her story and the chemicals/desk? I already found the way to arm the cart (killed her by accident the first time!)
Is there a purpose to the beast's skull? If not I guess I'll, um, just keep it in the footlocker next to my bed in SGS.
  • Maybe you'll be able to hang it on the wall at some point.
Hehe. Cool.
What is that mysterious disc item in that Junkyard basement!
  • I'll never tell...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom