Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail [PRE-RELEASE THREAD, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I resorted to playing with grid cartographer in another window, as to map everything out properly. All these years of decline have left me too dependent on maps and quest markers :P

Zdzisiu

Arcane
I resorted to playing with grid cartographer in another window, as to map everything out properly. All these years of decline have left me too dependent on maps and quest markers :P
Haha I tried to do that too! In a noble quest to map every area! And after doing the whole SGS grid cartographer decided to crash without saving my progress. But it was a good few versions of grid cartographer ago.
But when you manage to get stuff mapped, it would be great if you could share it, I wonder how big the map would end up being.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Btw, I found that somebody recently created a schematic map of all the areas of current version of underrail. Areas are represented by square boxes with transitions between them indicated by lines. Frankly, it is already quite huge and there is still stuff to be added in next versions. Everyone should take a look to see how much content there is already in the game.

link: http://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Zones

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
How often are merchants inventories reset/updated? I was worried about running out of bullets, but the armorer got an extra hundred bullets when I visited him later.

Also, a minor suggestion for the omni-tool: instead of selecting whether to open or close a ventilation shaft and then clicking the target, is it possible to just click it on the target ventilation shaft (like a lockpick or haxxor) so that if the vent is closed, it opens it and vice versa?

Zdzisiu

Arcane
How often are merchants inventories reset/updated? I was worried about running out of bullets, but the armorer got an extra hundred bullets when I visited him later.

Also, a minor suggestion for the omni-tool: instead of selecting whether to open or close a ventilation shaft and then clicking the target, is it possible to just click it on the target ventilation shaft (like a lockpick or haxxor) so that if the vent is closed, it opens it and vice versa?
Traders (from Wiki): Most merchant stores are restocked every 90 minutes. Higher level items or entirely new items will be available in some stores based on game progression. (e.g. T.N.T. Charges in SGS armory)

And doesn't the omni-tool do just wht you described? I always put in the quick slot number 3, and then just press 3 and click on a shaft.

Edit: I checked and the omni-tool when used from inventory asks you to choose whether to open or close a shaft but when used from quick slot it just opens shafts quickly, but to close them you need to use the omni-tool from inventory. But who even closes the shafts, really?

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
I checked and the omni-tool when used from inventory asks you to choose whether to open or close a shaft but when used from quick slot it just opens shafts quickly, but to close them you need to use the omni-tool from inventory. But who even closes the shafts, really?
Thanks for the info. I wanted to close the shafts because I thought that was the only way of looking through one. I didn't realize I could look through an open vent by right-clicking.

da_rays

Augur
Had to leave a post after playing this around 10h or so . Damn. Good game . Lack of C&C from what i've seen so far. But thats a strong bone you got there , plenty of space for meat for us to feast on. I know its still in progress, so i'll wait patiently. combat gameplay and exploration is keeping me hook!

Psi power need to be deal with like ammo or ressource? :incline: Me like. Got screwed on my first character with full psy powa , but yeah i like how you need watch out for your psi point and not go frying everyones brain. Started a new guy with a splash of psy , rolling great for now.

Any plan for companion? If so , are we gonna have full control over them?
More ambiance music coming? Like what i heard so far.

Keep the meat coming!

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Had to leave a post after playing this around 10h or so . Damn. Good game . Lack of C&C from what i've seen so far. But thats a strong bone you got there , plenty of space for meat for us to feast on. I know its still in progress, so i'll wait patiently. combat gameplay and exploration is keeping me hook!

Psi power need to be deal with like ammo or ressource? :incline: Me like. Got screwed on my first character with full psy powa , but yeah i like how you need watch out for your psi point and not go frying everyones brain. Started a new guy with a splash of psy , rolling great for now.

Any plan for companion? If so , are we gonna have full control over them?
More ambiance music coming? Like what i heard so far.

Keep the meat coming!
As far as I know, no pernament companions are planned. You can only get some temporary help in some battles, like the big one in Junktown but you cant control the other guys in any way.

I am waiting for the next patch. There is a fair bit of new stuff coming in it, like new psi, new meds and weapons and enhancements for them. It just can't come soon enough!

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
UnderRail said:
Strange Comm Device: It looks like some sort of communication device though you're unsure how it's used since it only has one button.
That's brilliant, Styg. :lol:

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
Blood Sports

Hey guys. We've been quiet lately, but that's only because we've been working hard on the biggest and the most difficult section of the game, center of the game world, the metropolis that is Core City.

Lab.jpg
Hardcore.jpg
cc16.jpg

The Core City is the place of extremes. On one hand we have the oligarch families and their associates who live lives of luxury (or at least what can be considered such in the world of Underrail) while on the other hand the slums are filled with the poor that perish daily from hunger, disease and gang fighting.

The masters of Core City know how to keep the masses complacent though. What started as place for gangs to settle their disputes has grown to become the most popular form of entertainment in the city and the whole of Underrail. We're talking about the Arena, the Roman style field of combat where they pit men against various deadly creatures as well as gladiator against gladiator. All for the viewing pleasure of the numerous Arena fans. Watching people die violently is the favorite pastime for the oppressed masses of Core City.

Arena.jpg
ArenaEntrance.jpg
Lanista.jpg

People from all over the Underrail pay for the privilege to watch direct broadcasts of these fights as well as take trips to Core City to watch the matches live, if they can manage to get hold of tickets which are always sold out quickly. The Arena and the its betting office have made the oligarch families rich.

Players will, of course, be given an opportunity to test themselves in the Arena and see if they have what it takes to climb all the way to the top and claim the title of Invictus.

Beyond that they will also have an opportunity to enter the Gauntlet, and new blood sport where the contenders race through series of rooms, each containing a unique challenge, to be the first to reach the finish line and claim the prize, or die trying.

This update will be taking us a bit longer than we expected, but in many ways this is the hardest section to develop. It encompasses more intractable NPCs than any other update, way more urban areas than any other city so far as well as multiple quest-lines. All this stuffs had us stretched a bit thin, but if we get this part of the game right it should be more or less smooth sailing to completion.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer

Styg is like JCVD - takes his time, but he's definitely gonna be ready (to kick some major ass).

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Woot, really nice update. Thanks to Div:OS I can stop myself to play this before full release. (Though I already played an earlier build 15+ hours and spoiled meself..)

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Styg Any estimate on when the update will be ready? Are we talking about a month of waiting or more? Or less?

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Underrail and Age of Decadence have precisely until i finish with D:OS to release, for i have tasted incline and i will make do with no less from now on.

Ramireza

Savant
This looks sooo much better then WL2! Cant wait for the final release.

Great Job!

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Dude, this is so fucking awesome. I'm really fucking glad I jumped on this bandwagon when I first learned about it.
Styg, awesome designs man. Just fucking awesome.

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
Dude, this is so fucking awesome. I'm really fucking glad I jumped on this bandwagon when I first learned about it.
Styg, awesome designs man. Just fucking awesome.

Thanks. Btw, most of the area design is done by other members of the team these days. ;) My stuff isn't on screenshots (it's super secret!)

Eddas

Learned
I learned about the game here almost a year ago. Bought it, tested it and now I can't wait for the final release. I played a few hours, but I'm trying really hard to not play this until it's done. Great job, Styg, looking foward to this one. Keep up the good work, it's fantastic so far!

This looks sooo much better then WL2! Cant wait for the final release.

Great Job!

Yeah, that's the same feeling I have. Wasteland 2 is out next month, right?

Krash

Arcane
God damn this is so sexxy. The new area is just perfect for some nice C&C. And why not let some codexers add a little writing too?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom