Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail [PRE-RELEASE THREAD, GO TO NEW THREAD]

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Nice it looks like Fallout 2 on steroids married with Metro 2033 universe . Any information when i could buy that in full version ? [This year or 2015 or other?]

It's also up on Steam Early Access for $10 right now so...

Loriac

Arcane
The only problem with getting the early access is that if you start playing its difficult to stop, and you don't realise where the time went. Steam claims I've got 140hours logged on the game, but I've no idea how I managed to rack up that much time...

:negative:

Edit: but that doesn't change the fact that I'd strongly recommend that anyone who enjoys turn based combat and fallout type settings should immediately buy this game

Drowed

Arcane
Just bought it. Kinda expensive for me since I'm broke and live in a shitty third-world contry, but... Fuck it. Lunch is overrated anyways.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Just bought it. Kinda expensive for me since I'm broke and live in a shitty third-world contry, but... Fuck it. Lunch is overrated anyways.
You know a cRPG is good when someone from The Glow buys it instead of food or Rad-X.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Do you get to recruit companions in the game? I have been looking to buy this based on impressions, but I am not 100% sure about if I should buy right now.

polo

Magister
Stupid codex, making me spend so much moneyz. This game looks so awesome.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Do you get to recruit companions in the game? I have been looking to buy this based on impressions, but I am not 100% sure about if I should buy right now.
If you liked Fallout you should. At the current price its really a steal.
You don't have companions but there are some fights where allied npcs help you and you can also summon "something" to fight for you. You have no control over neither.

Edit: Check the demo first if you are unsure.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If you liked Fallout you should. At the current price its really a steal.
You don't have companions but there are some fights where allied npcs help you and you can also summon "something" to fight for you. You have no control over neither.

Edit: Check the demo first if you are unsure.
I didn't think it had a demo. Thanks for that link. I'll give it a whirl in the next couple of weeks. I'd buy this now because it's cheap, the only problem is that I have more early access games than I should. That's the biggest reason for me not buying yet.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Im not sure how recent the demo is. The game got a lot of content and changes with the recent patches so the demo may seem lacking but the current Early Alpha is already very nicely fleshed out and will only get better.

Also, you can simply buy it now because it is cheap, and just wait for it to get released playing the other games you have. Some people here are doing just that. (Those fools!).

polo

Magister
Played an hour or two last night, and it was pretty awesome. Specialy for alpha state game. Can't wait to get home and play some more, there are so many items, and shit to craft, etc. Made me feel stupid for almost not investing in crafting skills.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Played an hour or two last night, and it was pretty awesome. Specialy for alpha state game. Can't wait to get home and play some more, there are so many items, and shit to craft, etc. Made me feel stupid for almost not investing in crafting skills.
What amazes me is that all of the skills are useful. To me, this is the biggest improvement over Fallout.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
What amazes me is that all of the skills are useful. To me, this is the biggest improvement over Fallout.
In some aspects Underrail is superior to Fallout, specially the combat.
I always expected, that a true spiritual sequel of fallout, would come from the old dogs at black isle.
But if these new indie project tell us anything, is that there are many unknown talented souls out there that deserve our support much more.
I don't expect Wasteland 2 to be half the fun that Underrail is going to be. Not after trying both.

polo

Magister
Been playing this a LOT lately, its so addictive.
What's the actual state of the game? It looks so polished, i found almost not bugs, although the game crashed ONCE yesterday. It was in the junkyard, fighting Vince and his thugs... I was throwing grenades at him, and reloading because of 0 throwing skills would cause the grenade to go anywhere except near Vince so... In like the fifth load when i tried to throw the grenade the game just crashed to Windows.
I play it on my notebook with W8.
After that i tried to make it crash again doing the same thing, but it didn't happen.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Throwing grenades with 0 skill, that's some guts. You are lucky you didn't blew up yourself regularly.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Puts 0 points into grenades, tries to use grenades, sucks at grenades...

18399.jpg

Elthosian

Arcane

Hey Styg, dunno if you have fixed this already but...

Junkyard spoilers:

When you ally up with the Black Eels and attack the base of the other gang there is a chance that your allies throw grenades to the enemies far to the left near the tents, sometimes hitting the bums over there, which somehow causes the game to detect you as being the same faction as the poor guys and makes everyone turn their guns against you.

Just happened to me once though, as triggering it again would have depended too much on randomness.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom