Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail [PRE-RELEASE THREAD, GO TO NEW THREAD]

polo

Magister
Also this prob. been mentioned more than once but interacting through walls, etc. can be really annoying sometimes.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
If you find an area that has bugs report it here, preferably with a screenshot and description. People ahve reported bugged tiles or walls and Styg has seen that they get fixed.

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer

Hey Styg, dunno if you have fixed this already but...

Junkyard spoilers:

When you ally up with the Black Eels and attack the base of the other gang there is a chance that your allies throw grenades to the enemies far to the left near the tents, sometimes hitting the bums over there, which somehow causes the game to detect you as being the same faction as the poor guys and makes everyone turn their guns against you.

Just happened to me once though, as triggering it again would have depended too much on randomness.

Removed them during the fight and I think I fixed all other Junkyard little glitches with that quest.

Been playing this a LOT lately, its so addictive.
What's the actual state of the game? It looks so polished, i found almost not bugs, although the game crashed ONCE yesterday. It was in the junkyard, fighting Vince and his thugs... I was throwing grenades at him, and reloading because of 0 throwing skills would cause the grenade to go anywhere except near Vince so... In like the fifth load when i tried to throw the grenade the game just crashed to Windows.
I play it on my notebook with W8.
After that i tried to make it crash again doing the same thing, but it didn't happen.

This usually happens when there's a problem with the map, but I couldn't find it. If you manage to remember the spot where the grenade landed before it crashed, let me know.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
You guys should think about proper development tools and licensing the engine to other indie rpg developers. Underrail does so many things well (mechanically) that its a shame if we only get to see the engine in action in this setting.

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
You guys should think about proper development tools and licensing the engine to other indie rpg developers. Underrail does so many things well (mechanically) that its a shame if we only get to see the engine in action in this setting.

That would require too much effort towards something that isn't making games.

MrMarbles

Cipher

I could kiss you on the face.

I mean that in a totally non-gay way.

I'll do it in a gay way. I don't give a fuck.

polo

Magister
^LOL.

I had another crash.
It was something like this.
I was going into Mushroom cove and while in map transition i got the message "Problem loading map zone" or something like that, so i was in Main Menu screen. I Resumed from last save and immediatly if pressed F5 to quick save, that crashed the game which scared the shit out of me cause i thought my progress was f*cked.
But after loading the penultimate QuickSave everything went fine.

Btw, its been a WHILE since i've enjoyed a game this much.

polo

Magister
Oh and Cryostasis + Aimed shot + Sniper rifle feels a little OP. I can one shot almost everything. So stronk.

JoKa

Cipher

As long as he has his hands free - kissing isn't making games as well!

Baron Dupek

Arcane
You're all not awesome enough so Styg should add Awesome Button to solve it.

On serious not - there is any kind of cheat(s) to speed up bug hunting or tests the game, especially in latest parts?

polo

Magister
Hmm don't know. Something to increase movement speed a lot would be cool. Game is huge.
Also, the dude should stop drinkin so much brew.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
While we are at it, no turn-based combat, and remove unnecessary story portions. Preferabbly make it a third person cover shooter.

Drowed

Arcane
Hey, Styg. About the quest with
Grover and Treasa. When Grover calls her to the back alley, you can use stealth and then pickpocket to steal the energy core from her before talking with any of them. So, it's kinda annoying when you talk to Grover and you can only ask her for the item (you already have it), attack her or him. I think we should at least have a fourth option, saying something like "ah, don't worry, it was a mistake, you can go now" to sent her away or something, so then you could say to Grover that the debt has been paid". You don't need to ask for the item if you already have it, and for the same reason, it makes no sense to attack either of them (unless you want the xp or something).
By the way, the game is amazing. I'm really liking it so far, to the point I end up interrupting some of my playing sessions with Divinity:OS to play a little of Underrail. And that says something. :love:

Last edited:

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
Version 0.1.12.0 released

Hey guys, the new version is up. We're all very happy to have finally released this. It's the centerpiece of the game, our Athkatla/Sigil/Neverwinter. The main story still has places to go and we still plan on introducing more factions and sideplots, but expect the future updates to be a lot more focused and a lot less spacious.

We showed you bunch of screenshots already, so for this occassion we decided to make a short teaser trailer instead.

As before, we're releasing it to Steam first until we're sure it's stable and any potential major bugs that we missed during internal testing are fixed.

And because no dev log would be complete without a bullet list, here's an incomplete list of minor tweaks and stuff that were done since the last dev log:

• Tweaks
    • EMP mine blueprint component requirements changed to be the same to that of the EMP grenade
    • Increased the amount of bear traps crafted when not applying poison to 10
    • Increased the amount of caltrops crafted when not applying poison to 10
    • Reduced the cost of metal plates and, by extension, some items that are crafted from them
    • Added an option to turn off automatic door opening
    • Removed the cooldown of Burst attack (don't know why it was there in the first place)
  • Bugs
    • Hopefully finally fixed the bug(s) that caused the factions to get all messed up after the Junkyard showdown event
    • Merchants will no longer roam while in bartering mode
    • Game will no longer crash when saving while mining
    • Chemical pistols have weight now
    • Action point counter fixed to work with extreme amounts of action points
    • Adrenaline shot will now always properly grant 20 bonus AP
    • Execute will no longer deal extra damage even if the target is not stunned/incapacitated

Enjoy the update folks, report bugs and let us know how you liked it. Cheers.

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
Hey, Styg. About the quest with
Grover and Treasa. When Grover calls her to the back alley, you can use stealth and then pickpocket to steal the energy core from her before talking with any of them. So, it's kinda annoying when you talk to Grover and you can only ask her for the item (you already have it), attack her or him. I think we should at least have a fourth option, saying something like "ah, don't worry, it was a mistake, you can go now" to sent her away or something, so then you could say to Grover that the debt has been paid". You don't need to ask for the item if you already have it, and for the same reason, it makes no sense to attack either of them (unless you want the xp or something).

We'll check it out. That would make sense.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Yiiiiis! And here I was wondering what I will do with my evening today. Thanks Styg!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom