Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail [PRE-RELEASE THREAD, GO TO NEW THREAD]

gestalt11

Arbiter
It seems like waiting for the next update is pretty important for another play through with the Deep Caverns going in. Also I would assume Psi will possibly change a bit since the number of powers is basically doubling. Seems like various skill targets might change as well. People's builds could change a good bit.

gestalt11

Arbiter
This may be a dumb question but is there a way to select an opponent without attacking them?

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
KK, so the day after tomorrow I'm going to start a russian languaged LP of the Underrail with the goal of popularizing the game in the russian community. Probably won't be a full LP (well, as full as the game is atm) but more like a series of a smaller, incomplete ones - here's what you can do with the stealth-knife guy, here's what a full psion can do, here's how a melee brute operates.

With only 2k subs, I'm barely above a noname status but, well, it's not like there are many names who are doing it (judging by the lack of Underrail mentions at most russian thematic forums, probably no one is doing this). I'll try to write to some fallout-centric VK publics (oldschool ones, ofc), gathering attention & stuff like that. Dunno how it'll turn out.

However, Styg, what I want to ask - what kind of support do you need to consider a russian translation? Like, since I've already mentioned VK publics - how many fans in the dedicated one?

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
However, Styg, what I want to ask - what kind of support do you need to consider a russian translation? Like, since I've already mentioned VK publics - how many fans in the dedicated one?

I already do want to localize the game in several languages, one of them being Russian, but it will have to wait until I have more time and money to invest in that. So, yes, I already consider there to be sufficient reason to venture out into Russian market with a translated version, it'll just have to wait for a more... comfortable time.

And before people start chiming in - I know some people offered to translate for free or suggested I harness the community, but that's not how I do things, sorry.

I'm sure Styx will appreciate all the extra copies that will be pirated purchased as a result of the increased Russian demographic.

All joking aside - I do not know how widespread piracy in Russia is (though I can take a wild guess based on my own country's example), nor do I particularly care. What I do know is that they do indeed buy my game and in no small amounts, so they are relevant as a market.

Trip

Learned
Yeah, Eastern-European solidarity could be a good thing re the Russian audience, even though, judging by *my* country, which is a bit closer to Russia, piracy there should be completely off the charts. Will buy it myself, as well, of course :)

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Nearly a month without dev log udates. I'm jonesing for a hit. A screenshot. Anything!
:negative:

Atchodas

Augur
Last quest in Protectorate Questline is THE THING , getting raped 1 vs 10 and i was sure i am gona gass those drones and go home to collect my payment , well done well done also up until this point i thought that my character is becoming too powerful think again lol , finally a game with a "difficulty"

Alfons

Prophet
I've been watching Pope Amole II LP and even though I can't understand a single fucking word it's giving me the itch to pop back in.

I'M WAITING FOR RELEASE DAMMIT!:argh:

BTW, force field is extremely useful against ranged enemies, it's like a portable corner.

Last edited:

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
I've been watching Pope Amole II LP and even though I can't understand a single fucking word it's giving me the itch to pop back in.

I'd do an english LP but when it comes to the english LPs, I'd probably do a Fallout of Nevada first - just so some non-russians would appreciate that.

And, well, according to my youtube commenters I've brought at least 2 more buyers for the Underrail - mission accomplished, lol.

Atchodas

Augur
I am gona gift underrail to atleast 2 of my popamoler friends who liked fallout 1 back in a day with hopes that they still got a chance at redemption lol

rohand

Cipher
Convincing rpg friends each day to get this beacon of incline.

ended up introducing them to the dex as well, so there's that :)

Alfons

Prophet
Did anyone try to make a bee line towards junk yard in order to get the 500 charons in the apartment?

Atchodas

Augur
Is it a random house or one involving Junkyard Quests ?
I always go to Junkyard before and at level 4 every 90 mins when traders reset so i can craft myself Assault Rifle and Buy or Craft Steel Armor depending which option is cheaper / available ( usually you can get cheap steal armor from junkyard weapons vendor ) , i also try to trade SGS credits to Stygian coins early as much as i can trough Jack Quicksilver and Old Jonas so i have enough money for both items ( Rifle and Armor )
any Steel Armor + Crafted Assault Rifle makes it way easier early and you dont need to worry about any gear for quite some time
also a question
any1 know how to get Meet Azif quest from Jack way way later in the game ? done everything he asked and he told he will meet me later but as usual he wont tell me where and how lol ( whooooooole jack+abram questline is like DUDE DONT ASK US NOTHING just DO IT lol kinda digging it but just because there is decent wiki page if i come to dead end lol )

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom