Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail - Serbian pillow talk, turning Tricks, taking tips

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
How is cut throat extremely powerful? Once you perform it, you are out of stealth and don't have enough AP for anything else, if you're attacking a group of enemies, you're now a sitting duck. If I don't use cut-throat I can easily --and silently-- incapacitate 2 enemies in that first turn with a taser and pneumatic gloves and have much less to worry about. Then as I get my full AP pool in the next turn they're all dead meat. I'm not even mentioning flashbangs. I've stopped using cut-throat a long time now.

At least you should be able to perform cut-throat to incapacitated enemies without having to go back into stealth, why the hell is that even a requirement, the guy is fucking unconscious.

Shadenuat

Arcane
three Super Steel/TiChrome plates
Would you recommend going for same loadout for melee too? I solved Foundry quest and have a handful of 100+ plates, spikes and blades to play with, steel, TiChrome & tungsten, but can't figure out what I want in there. Adding 2 spikes gives ~20 extra melee damage, and it feels like using Steel + TiChrome is way to go for my STR 8 character. It seems there's way to get relatively light TiChrome armor but it's Mech-resistance totally sucks, and there aren't that many enemies with heat/energy attacks in game to make use of it. Well and I don't want to go below 50% since I have Juggernaut. TiChrome hammer looks interesting tho, with adrenaline it's 3 attacks per round actually.

Btw, using bandages and waiting for cooldowns from healing items is just maddening on Hard. It doesn't make game more difficult but wastes so much time and promotes even more hoarding. I also hate goddamn batteries. I feel less like spehs marine and more like
latest
with triple level of OCD.

MAKE NEW UI FOR BATTERIES PLZ

Last edited:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
For melee, I'd use what you have for now, wait for a nice Super Steel, and then load it with high-quality spikes. Spikes add armor penalty (I think?) and if you have boots with a spring, you can hit Juggernaut and maybe end up with 20-30 MP left over, very nice to have.

My one big piece of advice is that Regenerative Vests are garbage. If you're ever taking damage quickly enough to need them, the 40-45 HP healing per turn won't do shit. You're far better off with Sturdy Vests, which can add 120ish max HP instead. That's like three "pre-heals" every battle compared to Regenerative.

Yeah, I think the entire battery system could be redone. The three battery capacity types (30, 100, 200) very often don't fit device capacities neatly, so you can choose between micromanaging your batteries or wasting energy. What would be better is a single "battery container" in which you store your charged energy, and then by pressing a single button on the UI, all of your devices are recharged, unless you want to recharge them separately, in which case you still can.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
MAKE NEW UI FOR BATTERIES PLZ

Eh? just put batteries to a skillbar? you can just charge from there even your stuff on bars. Also charging shield binded to a key too (either V or B )

Edit: Hard CD penalty is not that bad. Only prevents multi stim healing in combat. And only 12 secs out of combat.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Eh? just put batteries to a skillbar?
I also have Psi so I have already 2 bars fully used. Using third bar to place shovel there or battery and switching from it to recharge taser, I am sure there exists some other mysterious way of doing UI that would not require to also put bloody batteries into bloody skill tabs.

I wish there was maybe also a QWERTY bar to the right where ammo is or something like that.

only 12 secs out of combat.
Hm? I think I saw as much as 40 secs (if you use stim in combat, then want to heal).
I am thinking about Doctor feat just for Hard so I wouldn't need to just stand around waiting until I can go and kill next pack of enemies.

My one big piece of advice is that Regenerative Vests are garbage
AND THEY USE BATTERIESDJASKFAFS

ArchAngel

Arcane
Eh? just put batteries to a skillbar?
I also have Psi so I have already 2 bars fully used. Using third bar to place shovel there or battery and switching from it to recharge taser, I am sure there exists some other mysterious way of doing UI that would not require to also put bloody batteries into bloody skill tabs.
You can access too all your PSI abilities by pressing F so remove PSI abilities you don't use often from bars.

Ziem

Arbiter
hypos have 12t cd => 60 seconds out of combat

My one big piece of advice is that Regenerative Vests are garbage. If you're ever taking damage quickly enough to need them, the 40-45 HP healing per turn won't do shit. You're far better off with Sturdy Vests, which can add 120ish max HP instead. That's like three "pre-heals" every battle compared to Regenerative.
for metal armor they might not be that great, but they make good tactical vests, as tac vests get only half of the hp bonus from sturdy vests

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
In the next update I've changed it so that target dodge rating is ignored if it hasn't detected you yet.

Ah, I somehow missed seeing this.

That's an excellent change, and should apply to Evasion as well. Both Dodge and Evasion rely on actively and presumably also visually avoiding a target's attacks.

damager

Arbiter
Later, when high quality stuff drops you will have the strong desire to craft your own shit. It's wise to first invest in utlity skills like traps, throwing, locks and hacking before dropping all and let them raise via synergies and maxing dex. Then you start pumping crafting skills.

Saduj

Arcane
What is the general consensus as far as the order in which quest hubs should be completed? My next SGS quest is to infiltrate Tchort and I just completed Praetorian quests in Core City. Finished Junkyard, Camp Hathor and Rail Crossing. I've been to Foundry but haven't done anything there yet. Haven't used the upper railway in Core City to visit any of those sites yet. I'm not under leveled (21) but I feel like I've probably skipped some stuff because there was a big gap where I wasn't getting shit in the way of level appropriate loot.

Also is there any way for a non-psi character to buff against shadow rape gangs?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
What is the general consensus as far as the order in which quest hubs should be completed? My next SGS quest is to infiltrate Tchort and I just completed Praetorian quests in Core City. Finished Junkyard, Camp Hathor and Rail Crossing. I've been to Foundry but haven't done anything there yet. Haven't used the upper railway in Core City to visit any of those sites yet. I'm not under leveled (21) but I feel like I've probably skipped some stuff because there was a big gap where I wasn't getting shit in the way of level appropriate loot.

Also is there any way for a non-psi character to buff against shadow rape gangs?

Do Foundry. Tchort is the way to Deep Caverns (end game) therefore that's the last thing you do.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected

damager

Arbiter
I doubt that you get a better overall damage output with this vs a well made knife with electroshock generator.

My random self found tungsten combat knife already seems to hit harder, even uncharged.

damager

Arbiter
About the battery discussion: try to hit shift and check your utility bar.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom