Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

It will certainly be painfully boring for a non-stealth build, but I had a stealth build and still couldn't avoid the respawns. I don't think it's possible. Some robots respawn no matter what, and also the cameras are unavoidable for stealth builds as well. Some important doors are right next to the cameras. I made use of the shafts as well, doesn't matter much.
You can hack the computers to temporarily turn the cameras off. It attracts all the robots to the computer you used, but that can actually help since it means they all move to the one spot for a while instead of patrolling like usual.
I didn't really like Arke though. I like DC precisely because there are barely any other characters, and having an AI constantly shouting at me kinda ruins that.

Last edited:

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Never experienced the original DC but I think it's fine right now. Mushroom forest looks great, the sudden change of scenery had a great wow-factor imo, the ruined "city" gives off a great dusty-buried-days-past-desolation vibe. Good.
When you start finding troves of items it usually means one of two things, shit's about to get trivial or shit's about to get serious, I'm very glad UR adheres to the latter. Good.
The exposition via computers/faceless/six/AI/hermit was very welcome, fun tying it all together. Good.
Again, the vibe of the entire segment just really nailed it on the head imo.
The only peeve I had with the entire thing was the weight of a few quest items, rediculous :negative:

epeli

Arcane
Still I can see why Al Fabet is probably angry at Styg. I think that it could be improved if Merchants were a bit less selective, and weapons/armors were cheaper.
True on so many levels. They could probably put in a skill and a feat for that, but those would often be ignored.

You're not the Invictus, the real Invictus is taller.
Not sure what you mean here, I won the Arena, and became the Invictus. The game recognized me as such, I just expected it to be mentioned much more often.

It's a running joke in the game... There's more reactivity than you think, particularly in Core City where everyone watches the arena, but nobody believes you are the Invictus. Even the common folk in Core City throw comments that you look almost like the Invictus. The few who acknowledge your arena accomplishments are hard to find and can be counted with one hand.

Morm

Novice
Hi everyone.

Does anybody know if we can find the gun which is used by the Faceless Commander in DC (the energy "rifle" with burst shots) ? I've killed the guy at the end when he asks for the cube but the gun did not drop on him.

epeli

Arcane
I checked out of curiosity, the Faceless Commander's weapon is named Gattling Laser* (sic). The asterisk denotes meta-items (eg. natural creature armor/simple abilities that are implemented as items) and other stuff that isn't meant to appear to players. Don't ask me why that particular special robe doesn't have an asterisk. Pretty much all other nodrop stuff has it.

So we're not getting his gatling laser. But maybe there are new energy weapons in the expansion...

Morm

Novice
Ok, too bad, thanks for the replies.
I also hope that new energy weapons will be introduced in the expansion.

razvedchiki

Erudite
for a tactical vest with antimaterial plate best is a blast or kevlar cloth?also does the ballistics feat worth it with laminated fabric/plate/kevlar cloth?or its better for lightweight vests?

razvedchiki

Erudite
i want to be completely safe from guns (except sniper crits),so i will craft both versions and see whats best.
also are kevlar tabis better than some solid metal boots?dont care about moobility just the pure dmg reduction.

Trashos

Arcane
If there are no snipers present, I 'd use kevlar and prioritize the grenadiers. When there are snipers, you have to prioritize them so take blast.

However, I have been trying various defenses (my characters are stealthy and squishy -no metal armor), and the best defense against both grenadiers and gunners (except snipers) are the electric shields.

Mikeal

Arcane
Oh you jokers.

1607242A7CCD430CBE3BBFC6EA06522ABE071DEE

Black Angel

Arcane
Yeap, heckin' bamboozle.

Anyway, I'm starting to play the game again and only now I'm realizing new stuff like that medical locker in the medical floor of SGS, placed where Newton is. I remembered there's no such thing before, and only now I realize it's there. Also, a crate container near GMS Compound. I KNEW it wasn't there before, so it kinda stuck like a sore thumb in my screen, and when I pick its lock.... damn, expensive stuff just 30 minutes into a new game! I'm excited to see more now.

Also, Styg, you should listen to Infinitron and release Underrail: ExpEdition as a standalone and also as an upgrade to the base game for those who already have it, instead of releasing it as a DLC for the base game.

Trashos

Arcane
Yes, I want to try a DEX unarmed build (maybe psi-supported), but I am on Hard difficulty now and melee looks scary. Gonna try it at some point anyway, not sure I am going to finish it though.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Well yeah, play on Domination only after you have beaten Hard to death.
It somehow limits you builds variability and viability, but worth to play.

Some battles with human enemies are particulary deadly because of additional enemies...
Like that Lurker camp near Black Crawler lair...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom