Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Underwhelmed by Fallout :(

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I have also a problem with super orcs, living undead that feed on radiation, Robin Hood guy in a desperate post-apo setting, ''followers of apocalypse'' which is plain weird stupid shit in my eye and some other things, but i didn't complain. Untill.. Until i saw threads like this on interderps. People complaining about F2 silliness, while ignoring huge derpness of the first game.
You're welcome.

hiver

Is that what you think will make your blatant shitposting look like something nicer?

:nocountryforshitposters:

Last edited by a moderator:
Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
The temple was forced by the management. The same with the tent town. Tent towns are for nomads. Arroyo is a settlement.
Arroyo was originally to be a village like Shady Sands but the management decided it would be boring and forced nonsensical tribals in tents.

This is the part I find most amusing about the F2 vs F1 discussion. There are people here that actually prefer their games designed not by designers, but by company management.

Oh yeah and RPGs with stories in them. That's bad!!!

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Yes, i'm welcome. Thank you.
Now stop being a fanboy/edgy and admit that F1 and F2 are games of equal merit and both have stupid shit in them.

fastjack

Augur
I haven't seen this pointed about Loxley from Fallout 1 yet, but his accent is fake. So instead of being a random british Robin Hood in PA California he is a dude pretending to be Robin Hood. Does this make him a good character? I don't think so, in fact I think it's the sort of jarring thing that is so prevalent in Fallout 2 and drags it down a bit. But I can imagine some wasteland kid finding a working video of an old Robin Hood movie and deciding that this is the kind of guy his city needs and modelling himself on him and such so maybe he didn't need to feel so jarring and out of place. I think the better question is whether the 'Pat the celt' the bard(?) you can encounter on the world map is supposed to be from the british isles or what his deal is.

Apologies if I missed this explanation somewhere or if everyone who brought him up already knew this.

hiver

I think he is a bit loss for words...

btw, before new strawmans and other assorted fallacies are repeated....

Nobody has to LIKE any of those elements that were jarring for them. Or you dont even have to agree that those can be excused in general Fallout lore - but claiming that makes the whole of the game, all those other locations and content - to be the same as bethesda brainfart of a game is nothing but literal example of idiocy.

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
Keep telling that to yourself.

I just told you, did I not?

Again, there are people here that actually prefer games made by accountants vs the designers that invented them and they have long arguments about their relative merits. This is so silly its funny.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
F1 setting is stupid so i don't really care about it as much as i would care about setting in a game that has a good one and well fleshed out to boot.
Post apo and fake 50s optmistics is the only thing that holds together Fallout setting anyway.

Rake

Arcane
F1 setting is stupid so i don't really care about it as much as i would care about setting in a game that has a good one and well fleshed out to boot.
Post apo and fake 50s optmistics is the only thing that holds together Fallout setting anyway.
No. While i'm in the camp that finds Fallout 1 setting equaly silly with the second game, that doesn't mean that the setting isn't good. Well excecuted siliness is every bit as great as well executed seriousness. And the silliness in Fallout was great

Last edited:

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
The point i was making is that Fallout ''setting'' is mangled together mess of lot of things, not coherent to each other and in no way ''realistic'' so being bothered about new things introduced to it is just silly. Only setting thing that most people care about is that it's a post apocalyptic world akin to Road Warrior.

In before Bethesda. Beth is not retarded for cramming in new things into F3. They are retarded, because they are retarded. Seriously, guys who work there seem to be genuine retards from the medicinal point of view.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
I liked both games but had a more pleasant time with 2. Yet people saying that it's way goofier than the first are so obviously right... trying to prove them wrong is just keyboard masterbation.

hiver

I liked both games but had a more pleasant time with 2. Yet people saying that it's way goofier than the first are so obviously right... trying to prove them wrong is just keyboard masterbation.

F2 was goofier. OBVIOUSLY. But all that was about 5% of its content at the most, and it actually does not make it a non-fallout game on the level of bethesda idiotic shit.

-
didnt see gnidrodologist not helping at all above.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The point i was making is that Fallout ''setting'' is mangled together mess of lot of things, not coherent to each other and in no way ''realistic'' so being bothered about new things introduced to it is just silly. Only setting thing that most people care about is that it's a post apocalyptic world akin to Road Warrior.
OK, so you're a cool person for not caring about setting consistency, and we're silly and dumb for caring about it. Got it.

And it's good to know that "most people" think just like you do. 50 million Frenchmen can't be wrong. If the lowest common denominator doesn't notice the difference, there must be no difference, eh?

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There is no ''setting consistency'' to begin with. That's what i'm saying.
You are welcome to believe that.
icon_cheers.gif

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
No, i'm not. Great ''argument'' though. lel

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom