Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant Pre-Prototype Thread

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
WHAT THE FUCK

Did they really just send me a message asking me to raise my pledge from $20? I was planning to anyway, but come on.

Yeah, same. This is like that thing Zep Zepo was talking about :nocountryforshitposters:

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Looks like that e-mail is really driving up the pledges now. 37 spots are back open in the $20 tier.

Weasel
Cancelled my pledge too, decided it was a convenient way to avoid all the annoying backer items. If they make a good game I'll buy it then.

Had a lot of good will towards this project but as the shit piled up it got to a point where I wondered why I wanted to support it at all.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
By the way, this is from Monday's update 26:

As community reward, for every dollar over our current $57 average pledge per backer reaches by the end of the campaign, we will add a Silver Piece into an in-game purse for all of our Kickstarter backers at the PIONEER tier or higher. For instance, if we reach a $67 average, you will receive an in-game purse with 10 Silver Pieces. C'mon folks, let's break the (digital) bank! Please note that this reward won’t unbalance the game in for starting players, as a handful of Silver Pieces is a modest amount of currency in the Stygian Abyss, although more than pocket change.

We won’t be making any more appeals for the remainder of the campaign asking to up your pledge. These final days are all about enjoying the culmination of this wild ride we are on!

Well now.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
By the way, this is from Monday's update 26:

As community reward, for every dollar over our current $57 average pledge per backer reaches by the end of the campaign, we will add a Silver Piece into an in-game purse for all of our Kickstarter backers at the PIONEER tier or higher. For instance, if we reach a $67 average, you will receive an in-game purse with 10 Silver Pieces. C'mon folks, let's break the (digital) bank! Please note that this reward won’t unbalance the game in for starting players, as a handful of Silver Pieces is a modest amount of currency in the Stygian Abyss, although more than pocket change.

We won’t be making any more appeals for the remainder of the campaign asking to up your pledge. These final days are all about enjoying the culmination of this wild ride we are on!

Well now.

Oh yeah, he did say that, but I figured he was just talking about public appeals in the Kickstarter updates. Still, doesn't look good.

Darkzone

Arcane
I have already called them out on this message bullshit. I have also received this message. And i also wanted to step up on the last day towards the Avatar tier. Now i don't know if i should do it.
http://www.othersideentertainment.com/forum/index.php?topic=449.0
Mine is more popular ;) http://www.othersideentertainment.com/forum/index.php?topic=448.0
You know i could go in and out in my thread, to set the read rate higher. :P Two guys same thought, but i head to go somewhere before i have posted mine. So your is 12 min earlier and in the better thread. The next time please write this here, so i make less an idiot out of myself.

Gord

Arcane
I just reduced my pledge to one of the now free 20$ positions.
The last couple of days have really hurt my opinion of this KS somewhat.

Maybe I'll upgrade again before the KS is over. Maybe.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh, the Ultima Underworld stream is on:

Ooh, Terri Brosius is there. Dat voice.

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
*watches stream*

*hears Facebook PM message beep at same time as Avatar gets reply from talking to gray lizardman*

*logs out*

Tigranes

Arcane
Cancelled.not just one singke thing, but I'm short on cash at the moment and the stupid deluge of KS items and that email gets really annoying. Ill buy when its out, probably, but now they've hit the base goal, I don't want to reward such a poorly run ks.

What's with the xp update? "Hey guys, did you know some games have a thing called xp points?"

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
I don't really see what's so bad about asking for more and higher pledges during a pledge drive. I guess I'm just weird.

It's okay to make a public appeal if you don't overdo it, but a private message telling you "Hey, please don't pledge to that tier, pledge to a higher tier" is like...dude, pushy.

It's probably still a net positive for them, but it really wasn't necessary.

Darkzone

Arcane
I don't really see what's so bad about asking for more and higher pledges during a pledge drive. I guess I'm just weird.
It's okay to make a public appeal if you don't overdo it, but a private message telling you "Hey, please don't pledge to that tier, pledge to a higher tier" is like...dude, pushy.
It's probably still a net positive for them, but it really wasn't necessary.
Not necessarily a net positive, I'm thinking about pulling my pledge as well.
Probably more a lost like Haba said, because in the opening 20 niche new backers will fall.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
No Otherside, what have you done!? Kickstarter was the perfect opportunity for you to return to top form.

Life is but a moment, a meaningless grain of sand...:negative:

Perhaps they didn't intend for all this compromising shit until it turned out the Kickstarter wasn't going to do anywhere near as well as others that have come before. Perhaps. There was compromise from the beginning though.
Oh well, this wouldn't have happened if this shitty industry/market did not let LGS fall through the first time around.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Take things in perspective, people. The facts of mindx2's visit haven't changed.

Listening to Paul on the stream now. He says the Lizardmen won't be a full-blown faction like the other three. That's too out of scope.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Paul: "There might be some kind of crafting, but Underworld is not a game about crafting."

Also Tim in the chat says "I think it's safe to say that romances aren't planned." :P

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Take things in perspective, people. The facts of mindx2's visit haven't changed.

Absolutely. And all the many great quotes of the devs themselves. Their Kickstarter is not reflecting the same ideologies in full though. This ship is compromised.
It is Neurath and some other ex-LGS however so they deserve our respectful benefit of the doubt, at least.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Paul left, and now Garriott is on the stream. He's as modest as usual.

I had a nice back & forth there with Chris Siegel about the evolution of dungeon design. He says modern PnP roleplaying gamers design their dungeons more like "TV shows".

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom