Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant Pre-Prototype Thread

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They hit the $800k stretch goal.

13 hours left, will they make one more?

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
That would be a massive last 24 hours. I would think not during the campaign but will quickly be made up in Paypal pledges.

Darkzone

Arcane
It is now 20.00 EST on the east coast and 17.00 PST on west coast. So we go 2-4 hours of good going ks pledges for north america. After that things will slow down. Europe will wake up in 6h-7h. But they will begin later with their pledges. Then we have so 5h for europe for pledges.
I hope for the 50k, but i doubt them in this time. Australia and New Zealand doesn't play a significant role.

joelofdeath

Educated
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Just went backwards from $150 CE to $35. Was keen from the start, but getting some bad vibes about it now, and can't justify the expense anymore.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
316250332_b12752151e_o.jpg

:GulliBull:

Zep--

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
From today's update:

In addition, when we send out our backer survey once the Kickstarter is over, all backers at the Adventurer tier and higher will be able to choose which Companion Creature they would like for free, the huggable but acerbic Vorpal Bunny, or the aloof yet loyal Mini-Brain.
Am I being stupid again, or does that sound to anyone else like the other one will be available through microtrans? :|

Getting dangerously close to "thinking of pulling my pledge" territory. I don't want to be here.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Am I being stupid again, or does that sound to anyone else like the other one will be available through microtrans? :|

It does. Oh well, the more money LGS 2.0 has the better...although it all depends on whether or not they can still make a grand game despite the bullshit dilution.
It is a shame it has come to this. It wouldn't have come to this if LGS got the popularity/sales they deserved back in the day.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
In addition, when we send out our backer survey once the Kickstarter is over, all backers at the Adventurer tier and higher will be able to choose which Companion Creature they would like for free, the huggable but acerbic Vorpal Bunny, or the aloof yet loyal Mini-Brain.

It probably works the same way as the Tracy Hickman novel, which is only available if you pay $5 extra even though it was a stretch goal in itself. The adventurer tier starts at $75 so they can afford to hand out one of the pets for free to those backers.

Alchemist

Arcane
The butthurt is flowing in the KS comments about people at lower tiers not getting companion pets. I can't believe anyone cares so much about that nonsense!

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
It has always been their policy that most stretch goal items would only be free at $75 and upwards. Behold:

eQHkVFr.jpg

If this bothers you, now would be a great time to up your pledge!

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Clarification:

Everyone gets the Companion Creature feature, that was something we will be adding to the game. However, people at the Adventurer tier and higher will receive a Kickstarter exclusive Companion Creature, either the Vorpal Bunny or Mini-Brain

Also:

Some of the Stretch Goals unlock Kickstarter exclusive, in-game digital STRETCH GOAL items. Upon achieving a Stretch Goal, all backers at ADVENTURER Tier or higher will automatically receive such STRETCH GOAL item. While these items are fun and exclusive, mainly they are just cosmetically unique. None provide a competitive edge over players who might not have them, so as to keep the game balanced for all.

DemonKing

Arcane
I got a begging email a couple of days back pleading for me to up my pledge but honestly as tempting as a Vorpal Bunny companion sounds I'm not inclined to put a dollar value on it...

Darkzone

Arcane
For me this is not about the money, but about the respect on honor towards the backers. And i give a fuck about the bunny myself, for me this is more a hindrance in the gameplay. This smells too much after Garriott.

joelofdeath

Educated
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Did they mention they were working with two marketing companies at some stage? I think I remember reading that somewhere. I think they're getting fed bad info on how to get the gamer dollar, e.g. these DLC-like companions and kickstarter exclusives.

Alchemist

Arcane
Definitely his influence:
uLmRTU4.jpg

Thing is, the cosmetic companions and such make sense for a LARP simulator / MMO like Garriott is making. Because people like to show off stuff they have to other players in those kind of games. It makes very little sense for a mostly single-player focused experience like Underworld.

GlutenBurger

Cipher
The true tragedy is that it wasn't funded soon enough for a Codex funded pledge to implement a Codex Troll pet.

Their wishy washy approach, spitballing as they went along, has really done little to inspire confidence. If it weren't for the people behind it, I would have dismissed it immediately. They better not screw this up, or they're going to lose a lot of valuable goodwill.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The true tragedy is that it wasn't funded soon enough for a Codex funded pledge to implement a Codex Troll pet.

None of the normal in-game companions have been designed yet; they will be open to community submissions once the KS ends. We still have a chance.

kazgar

Arcane
It'll be pretty funny when we all find out about $375,000 of the money raised is actually fake accounts made by zep zepo which he'll cancel with 20 minutes to go and the whole thing falls over.

Zep--

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The devs make a case for the next stretch goal area:

If you had to reach an area in the Underworld, and either needed to go through 2 miles of unknown labyrinthine darkness or half a mile through the Forsaken Webway, which would you choose?

You can see how they're shifting to stonger in-game incentives as the KS nears its end.

Chunkyman

Augur
I pledged $75 for this, more than anything else I've pledged for so far despite this being towards the bottom of my excitement level. The in-game rewards at that level sound nice and I felt like rewarding myself to a cool treat for some recent accomplishments. Gamewise, I'm mostly interested in this because it sounds like the exploration will be good and the setting lends itself to sneaking around in the dark.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom