Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant Pre-Prototype Thread

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
No, he's just used for advertisement. OtherSide knows having Warren Spector actually involved in the dev process would be fatal.

Eh? e was involved in the dev process of Ultima Underworld, System Shock & Deus Ex. Doesn't get more prestigious than that.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
The guy was always a hack anway. Good speaker, good leader, but a lousy designer.

So being a lousy designer makes you a hack?

I don't think you are giving him enough credit as a designer anyhow.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Also, Disney & teaching: though I too would like him to have continued on the path of the Immersive Sim, those choices were legitimate ones. I only am a little disappointed in him for Invisible War and Thief, which were surely sell-out attempts using two legendary IP's.

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
I really want to believe them. They are talking about exploration, sandbox elements and multiple approaches. Factions are less good (the original UW didn't have strictly defined factions, and didn't need them), but hopefully they can at least do them well. If they have the right kind of vision.
Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck oh--
--in before Peter Molyneux. :dance:

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm not sure how I should take this quote (especially the last sentence) from the mmorpg.com interview though:

As with the original game, players could often solve obstacles in a dungeon using multiple ways. Sometimes you can fight, or use a spell, there are even times that stealth will get you through the objective. It was this freedom that fans really enjoyed. For players who like to take on a single style of class in the game, that dynamic is still there. However, you can really create a character that fits any situation.

krist2

Augur
Patron
Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well, seems like the Codex has to have another fundraiser....
Exactly when I start to think that I should back of kickstarter, projects like SR:HK and this comes along to lighten my account once again...! And the worst part is I don't play most of the games I back, just like doing it... :P

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Well, seems like the Codex has to have another fundraiser....
Exactly when I start to think that I should back of kickstarter, projects like SR:HK and this comes along to lighten my account once again...! And the worst part is I don't play most of the games I back, just like doing it... :P
yeah I haven't even touched Dead State or Jagged Alliance: Flashback or whatever it's called.

How in bloody hell didn't I read about this before?! As far as I can see, there is not much info on the game? I guess KS is in a few days and we'll find out... I'll be keeping my fingers crossed, of all kickstarters this is what I would like to massively succeed the most! Hoping for some massive :incline:.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Btw, OtherSide is using #IAmTheAvatar hashtag on social media, and this will not be directly related to Ultima.

Ultima Codex is speculating a connection to Shroud of the Avatar on that...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Haha wow, looks like they are actually going to be connected? They even retweeted that.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Haha wow, looks like they are actually going to be connected? They even retweeted that.
no!.jpg

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
brace yourselves, the micro-transactions are coming.

'Press F to get the black sword through our online store'
'collect delving points for our other games by mining rubies'
'did you know you can trade with invaders? Just buy these special goblin goggles and you can prepare to die'

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Eh, it's just lore, guys. Not like that stuff really mattered in the original Underworld.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Some accurate reporting there from IGN and GameSpot :roll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom