Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Unhealthy interest in sales figures

hivemind

That was painful to read.

But the steam reviews are overwhelmingly positive and I think that when it comes to your target audience they are more likely to take those reviews into account than what some gaming journalism sites have to say.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Remember that Vault Dweller has a...history with prestigious PC gaming site Rock Paper Shotgun. :smug:

Chairman Yang

Novice
Since the game is text-heavy, it's not really a Youtube-friendly game to show others. Most youtubers simply ended up reading what's on the screen which isn't very exciting, except for that one time when a girl nearly had an orgasm from the above mentioned dickery.
I think the game could show well with the right Youtubers. Yes, it's text- and mechanics-heavy, but then, so are the Paradox grand strategy games, and they have avid and sizeable Youtube audiences. When the time is right, I recommend getting in touch with grand strategy players like Arumba, quill18, Northernlion, and smaller Youtubers like shenryyr2 if you haven't already. You need people who can deliver engaging, intelligent commentary and really dig into the game; get those, and it'll pay off.

I also remember seeing pretty decent videos about a fighting loremaster and a smart fighter. They weren't perfect, but I think that's the type of direction for Youtube videos that could also yield results.

Perkel

Arcane
Fuck Underail, AoD and Grimoire same year.

We definetely will need to do top 100 rpg codex after this year. After those 2 years many things would change.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Check out this link: http://steamspy.com/ Now you can get a good estimate of sales numbers. How it works: they take a snapshot from about 100k accounts (or so I heard somewhere) and then extrapolate to the entire Steam user base. The margin of error is big with smaller titles but with bigger ones it's pretty accurate.

Saduj

Arcane
From the 1/5 review: "Prague in 1918 would fall under the same category of ‘low magic, post-apocalyptic’ and I doubt many people would rush to play a game set then and there."

I would be psyched if someone were making that game.

Brutan

Savant
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Would you consider releasing a deluxe version of the game? It wouldn't give owners any specials items/advantages(that goes without saying) but it will give us the chance to pay more for a game that we like so much. Zomboid has something like that.

Brandon

Educated
Ah yes, Bootylicious.
Let it play through about 16 minutes to get the full effect.

Modron

Arcane
Iron Tower could probably triple their sales by advertising the game as "INFLUENCED BY BALDUR GATE THE BEST RPG EVER MADE".
Eh I don't know about that, hasn't BG 2 EE only sold ~240k units (Down from the ~400k BG EE sold despite being the better game) despite being in numerous sales granted I have no idea how much the actual games sold on GoG. Now what he should do is say "Influenced by Skyrim the best rpg ever made", that would get the tards out in force.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Vault Dweller keep us posted on how things are going with the discount since, honestly, I'm not sure how big of a spike in publicity can be gained by that -- every other game on steam is discounted as well.

likaq

Arcane
Hey, VD, on main steam page i spotted this:
header.jpg

It is new?
It is fucking great.
:thumbsup:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Hey, VD, on main steam page i spotted this:
header.jpg
Good thing there's a woman on it. I literally wouldn't pay attention otherwise. Even though I like the game and look forward to it, I would pay zero attention to the cover. This is how your market's brain dick dick's brain works.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom