Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Universal mod manager

We need universal mod manager?

• Total voters

Droppa MaPantz

Literate
Let's talk about a universal mod manager.

I'm tired of searching for mods all over the Internet. I'm tired of reading all these instructions for installing mods.
You say: use a mod manager? But some games dont have mod managers.
We have a lot of mod managers for each game. But they all perform almost the same actions: replace or change files in the game.
Maybe it's time to create a universal opensource mod manager?

What i want see:
* easy usable by users and moders
* easily expandable with new game
* securable

What you await from him?

We almost got it at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gmod/gmod-0 (Closed source ? )
But it seems that something went wrong.
Maybe somebody know yet one ?

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Uhhh... There's Nexus Mod Manager, which supports any game that is on Nexus, and Mod Organizer which supports many games (not sure of a list of what it doesn't support though)

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Uhhh... There's Nexus Mod Manager, which supports any game that is on Nexus, and Mod Organizer which supports many games (not sure of a list of what it doesn't support though)
Yeah NMM is the closest you're going to get.

Droppa MaPantz

Literate
yes. but they have problem with expandability. Dont know about mod organizer, but i examined nexus manager. You need recompile nexus manager for supporting new game. Not enough easy.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Really if you can't handle NMM, you shouldn't be modding your games. You'd have died modding older games if that's too much for you.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
NMM updates itself and automatically detects any compatible games.......

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
"dragging and dropping files is programming"

NMM is the closest thing. It's not perfect but there's nothing that supports more games in one program.

Droppa MaPantz

Literate
"dragging and dropping files is programming"

NMM is the closest thing. It's not perfect but there's nothing that supports more games in one program.
i said about adding witcher 1 support to NMM as example.
Ok, i take your point.

Black

Arcane
Our mods are so shit I doubt you can manage them in any way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom