Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Unreal

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Yeah, figured out when i saw the textures were the same.

BTW, the basic Epic S3TC textures broke my sky box. They look pretty much the same anyway from a distance. Only thing is that the Epic package comes with more textures than the high or extreme packages, all taken from here:

http://www.unrealtexture.com/index.htm

Not sure why. Just merged the two for good measure, replacing the Epic textures with the high end ones, and keeping the extreme textures as an optional.

DraQ

Arcane
Yeah, figured out when i saw the textures were the same.

BTW, the basic Epic S3TC textures broke my sky box. They look pretty much the same anyway from a distance. Only thing is that the Epic package comes with more textures than the high or extreme packages, all taken from here:

http://www.unrealtexture.com/index.htm

Not sure why. Just merged the two for good measure, replacing the Epic textures with the high end ones, and keeping the extreme textures as an optional.
There are fixes for the broken skybox, again, masking problems.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Is there a work around?

Just finished the Na Pali expansion (original, not the fan made version) with the extreme textures installed. I encountered several low res textures and a few glitches, but overall they did a decent job. Alas, i encountered a major bug at the UMS Prometheus level which apparently has to do with the 227i patch:

http://www.oldunreal.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1328510529

You'd think this shit was fixed by now (it is 2014 for fuck sake, 12 years after the game), but modders are what they are.

Of course, Epic is no better. I get some visible "lines" in the sky texture on some of the maps in the original Unreal Tournament, and this is straight out of the GOG, with nothing added.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Those textures appear to be the same that are available from the main download page. So basically i already have all the latest ones, and they are still glitchy.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Yeah, i think might end up doing the same. It was a fun experiment, but the game looks a bit too incoherent (plus i'm sure its going to brake the custom map packs some).

Figured out where some of the glitches came from too. Wide screen resolution.

Euronymous

Augur

Me demonstrating the "latest" pre-alpha build of Unreal Tournament 4. This build was posted by a member of the Pro Unreal forums.

There are no textures in maps yet (except for the one map called "Paul_vis"), the models used are from Unreal Tournament 3, most of the weapons and animations are incomplete. It seems at this point the game can only demonstrate its physics and basic deathmatch.

It appears each map has slightly different physics and graphical features.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom