Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Unresponsive Script on FireFox

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Was trying to brofist Taluntain but was prevented by lag, am taking this as a sign.

A user named cat

Using Firefox 40, haven't experienced any script errors or lag here at all this week. You poor bastards :kingcomrade:

Astral Rag

Arcane
Sounds like an overheating problem to me. Also don't forget to keep your GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) drivers up to date.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Clear cache
Update Java
Delete and reinstall TCP/IP Stack
Delete Temporary Files
Re-install DirectX

Zep--

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Taluntain, if we nix the VGLink for a few days, does it make it go away (IE: We sure it's this)? I've noticed it too. Particularly in the forum index - which makes me think it might also be a shoutbox conflict.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
I'd have disabled it already but if it's something else on the Codex that's making it behave as it does, VigLink probably couldn't troubleshoot it. But yea, this has been dragging on for too long, I'll take it down for now. I'm seeing it with just threads open though, no shoutbox.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
william-shatner-pic-rex-531606167.jpg

I FEEL... YOUNG!

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
VigLink have asked me to test the code again to see if they've fixed the issue, so if anyone spots any slowdowns again, please let me know. Especially those of you who've blocked it because you've actually experienced it, it'd be great if you could unblock so that we can verify if this has indeed been fixed for everyone.

Angthoron

Arcane
VigLink have asked me to test the code again to see if they've fixed the issue, so if anyone spots any slowdowns again, please let me know. Especially those of you who've blocked it because you've actually experienced it, it'd be great if you could unblock so that we can verify if this has indeed been fixed for everyone.
So far so good, but will keep an eye on it when having multiple tabs open. When'd you reactivate it?

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
When I made the post above, so about 16 hours ago.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom