Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Upcoming and future role playing games

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Mind Over Mushroom added to Tacticool

Azure Saga: Pathfinder added to Turn-based

Grim Wanderings
added to Turn-based
(I think this has been on mobile.)

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oracle of Forgotten Testament is a Turn-based RPG Touhou fangame. Player will use characters from Touhou game to venture Gensokyo and resolve incidents.

Oracle of Forgotten Testament added to Asian

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Slasher's Keep is out in Early Access. There are some bugs and the dev is working on them, but the game is pretty fun already.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Probably the kind I like judging by the screenshot :
C2HnAhIXcAEHooz.jpg

Brood_Star

Novice
Tacticool probably. It's described most similarly to X-Com, just with a thousand more badass elements

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
I've no idea what to make of this. The description is sort of attractive but ridiculously simple (some vague info here, and the team of 9 persons is described here), what they have to show is inequal and they've almost nothing to show (and I don't know what's placeholder and what's not), they've got a demo (I won't have the time to play) and it seems they're launching an Indiegogo campaign for the game tomorrow.
Transcendence: Renewal is a throw back to old school western style role play gaming. In the spirit of games like Might and Magic 6 and Wizardry 8, the player develops a party of adventurers through exploration, combat, questing and leveling up.
d216c1_f9a06fd044874d4495958b9878001875~mv2.png
d216c1_23b9ceb040d7431f83878b3ab7937997~mv2.jpg
EDIT : Campaign is launched. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/embers-of-the-gods-rpg#/
Updated video (they removed the old one because they changed the title of the game because of possible copyright problems, otherwise it's the same video I think) :

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
The Last Sigil added to Action

Seems to be a hack n' slash roguelike.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Its good of you to take the time and provide this service. Without having to go through a list of badly categorized fluff as mislabeled as the steam rpg page, I would like to know the release dates of actual rpgs. Or at least have like a three month window of games stated to be released within that time frame so I could have a manageable number and can check them out myself and sort the rpgs from the blatant non-rpgs.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
The Land of Glass Release Date: March 27 added to Action combat/Real-Time Combat

Exiled Kingdoms
RELEASED! added to Action combat/Real-Time Combat

POSTWORLD
Release Date: Autumn 2018
Hello, world!
POSTWORLD is in closed Alpha. We will launch crowdfunding campaign very soon. All backers will get Steam key to Alpha version of the game and its automatic upgrade to release version. Stay tuned!

Last edited:

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
http://www.indiedb.com/games/legendary-journeys-the-eye-of-baal
http://www.blindmonkeygames.com/index.html
Legendary Journeys: The Eye of Baal

An old man's son deviously encased by magic. Too old to continue his search for the Tears of Baal, the four pieces when brought together form the Eye of Baal, he searches for someone in Ebbon to help him free his son. His previous champion lies dead at you and your companion's feet with a note.

Explore the world of Ebbon in search of the four ancient artifacts that are The Eye of Baal in an attempt to free the magically encased son of a father who is no longer able to carry out his quest. Create a personalized party of adventurers to carry out this task.

Throughout your adventures, you will encounter mythical beasts and devious puzzles. Your party will gain in knowledge and power through training and combat.

The game is influenced by the Might and Magic series, Everquest, and Dungeons & Dragons (table top game). It is played in the first person perspective as a "blobber". You create a party of four characters by selecting their class and assigning points to their attributes. Combat is turn based; exploration of the world is real time. As your party adventures and gains levels, they will gain skill points to assign as well as additional attribute points. New skills are earned by visiting trainers through out the world.

Currently, a small alpha demo is ready for play. There are several maps to explore, trainers, monsters to fight. You can complete the first part of the main quest and a few small quests as well.

Here is an early pre-alpha game footage captured a year ago. Much has changed since this was recorded. Expect a new recording soon!

It looks more promising that the one I posted above at very least, not that to look less promising was really possible.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Paranormal Intelligence Bureau
https://thepib.com/
The world is under attack from inter-dimensional and cosmic horrors. You are the only thing standing in the way of utter destruction of the world as we know it.

Take control of a section within the Bureau. Train your agents and deploy them to stop Lovecraftian horrors. Root out cults and stop them before they summon Eldritch Gods or awaken a Great Old One.

Paranormal Intelligence Bureau is a turn-based tactics game. Best described as XCOM meets Lovecraft, inspired by games such as XCOM and Final Fantasy Tactics.

Ocelot

Learned
Thanks for taking the time to compose this list, OP.

Should I play Avernum 3 if I haven't played any of the previous games?

Ent

Savant
Heroes of Hammerwatch is out for those of you that like gauntlet type games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom