Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Update 8

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://crpgbook.wordpress.com/2015/08/11/update-8-i-really-should-keep-these-monthly/

Update 8: I really should keep these monthly…

So, it has been 2 months since the last update, that went fast…

The second preview didn’t get as much press as the first one, but apparently hosting it on a direct link made it easier to share, since it surpassed the first preview, with almost 40k downloads!

I’m working on reviews of a few big games right now and finishing the timelines, but there isn’t much to show yet, besides the reviews I post twitter. Overall, we’ve been doing steady progress.

To help promote the book and share some interesting stories I recently began a series of articles on Gamasutra titled “CRPG History Abridged”, where I list and not-so-briefly describe a handful of lesser-known titles. I wrote two of those so far, covering 33 RPGs:

CRPG History Abridged – 21 RPGs that brought something new to the table

CRPG History Abridged II – 12 more RPGs that brought something new to the table

And, because I really like to rant about things, I also wrote one on the subtleties of foreign cultures in gaming: Odorless, Fragrant and Spicy – The many flavours of foreign culture in gaming

In other news, the good folks at Unseen64 are currently also working on a book, but focused on unreleased games.They got some really great stuff on games like Deus Ex 3, Ultima Online 2, Van Buren, a The Witcher game from 1997 and the Stormbringer: Elric of Melniboné RPG:

I’ve been writing an article on Baldur’s Gate III: The Black Hound for them and anyone also interested in helping the project would be a welcome aid. You can contact them here.

Hopefully in the next month I’ll have an interesting read to share from one of our newest contributors, but in the meanwhile I hope you all enjoy the articles and have a good time. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom