Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

"Upload to Imgur" button

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
What doesn't suprise me is that it's Blaine suggesting it, he's always the one tainting the codex with his redditor shit.

Imgur may be Reddit-related, but used as a tool, it simply serves to upload and embed images—nothing more.

I find it fascinating that you're superficial enough to judge people by your perceived image of the websites they may or may not utilize. The Codex is practically hardwired into Facebook and Twitter thanks to certain staff members (and the fact that all developers use them), and I absolutely hate those services and what they've come to represent. Yet I'm sharp enough to realize that not everyone who uses Facebook is a fourteen-year-old girl. In fact, many developers also use Reddit. Name your favorite celebrity developer, and I'll link you to their accounts on dipshit social media sites.

You remind me of yuppies who purchase leatherbound volumes of famous fiction that they've never read and line their bookshelves, desks, and coffee tables with them in order to appear sophisticated.

RPGWatch is an exception to this, anyone who visits it is definitely retarded.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
What matters is that imgur is a den of internet culture retardation and there are better and faster image upload alternatives.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Excidium
I used to use abload.de, but then it got slow as fuck. Imgur's "culture" is meaningless unless you purposely go there to browse images. The "Upload to Imgur" button uses a pop-up dialog; you don't even have to visit the site or see a single image.

Sock those alternatives to me though, I'm looking for a replacement for abload.de.

racofer

Thread Incliner
ad_plant.png

Tread carefully, Excidium

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
But really, it's p. good specially if you make an account, because then you can retain the filenames and everything. Come on, give it a try. It's free~

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Unsurprising that an anti-feminist would be a gore-watching sicko.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Wasn't there some issue with imgur embedded pictures not showing for some people here?

Unsurprising that an anti-feminist would be a gore-watching sicko.

I'm yet to meet a person here who is pro-feminist.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Gore-watcher vs creepy facebook stalker. Which is worse and why, discuss.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Thankfully for my sanity, active female members of Goregrish—there are many, and they run the gamut from college students, to lawyers and real estate brokers, to housewives, to 50-year-old cat ladies—don't identify as feminists, and many are anti-feminists themselves. Unlike feminist-orientated websites, everyone at Goregrish is allowed to express their opinion without being silenced or flamed (unless they post in flaming-allowed sections), so I'd be compelled to tolerate them if they were there.

Unsurprising that a feminist would advocate censorship, use shaming language against someone for their choice to participate in a legal pastime, and generalize a diverse group of people, though.

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
Who is "Lesi" btw? Reminds me of a family movie I hated as a kid (almost as much as "Free Willy").

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Who is "Lesi" btw? Reminds me of a family movie I hated as a kid (almost as much as "Free Willy").

Roguey's favorite blogger and personal hero. She posts hate-filled rants that Roguey cites at every opportunity during discussions, which is weird, because on the Codex that's like trying to convince a tiger not to eat you by stapling raw meat to your clothing.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
That was imageshack.

Yes, Imageshack has been total shit for years. It's extremely annoying to use, and seems to employ region-blocking, which is why some people can't view images uploaded there. Photobucket isn't much better. Both of those "services" also delete your images after a short period of time.

The last few years have seen an explosion of simple, unobtrusive, powerful, no-fuss image hosting sites. Thank fuck for that.

Lancehead

Liturgist
Doesn't Imgur compress images on upload? Personally I use Minus, and it's been fine.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
All my photobucket account images are still there. Though I'd never link to it here despite having all my albums private.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
For some reason, there are a ton of housewives on the site nowadays.

That's the scariest shit posted so far today.
Sounds like Sub.

You sure about that? It's a gore forum. Codexers have deduced what it is in the past and come away traumatized.

Well, click at your own risk, etc.

http://forum.goregrish.com/
It has a WWI thread, great. Good for reference and stuff. It's amazing how most of bodies of soldiers don't show any visible damage.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
All my photobucket account images are still there. Though I'd never link to it here despite having all my albums private.

That's part of the problem with Photobucket: You need an account to utilize it properly. I had one for years, but the fuckers kept rearranging their format and making me change my account details and password until I finally lost track of it.

I'd rather store images on my hard drive and upload them as desired.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
You sure about that? It's a gore forum. Codexers have deduced what it is in the past and come away traumatized.

Well, click at your own risk, etc.

http://forum.goregrish.com/
Ahhh what the fuck man ahhh

Here I was thinking you had some lame elf cosplay forum or some shit we could harass you about.

And that mod costs $15 pounds. That's a lot of money. I'd need like, 100 brofists of this post before I spent that sort of biscuit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom