Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Valve is working on a new single player game

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Gabe Newell over at Valve posted on Reddit that they are working on a new single player game.

What is the status of Half Life 3/Half Life 2 Episode 3?

The number 3 must not be said

Is Valve still working on any fully-fledged single player games?

Yes

An unidentified anonymous source at Valve has said that Half Life 3 has been cancelled. Is that source legitimate?

I personally believe all unidentified anonymous sources on the Internet.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/valve-is-working-on-a-new-single-player-game.html

Dev_Anj

Learned
At this point, I doubt they really have any incentive to make a good single player game. They get lots of money from TF2 and their MOBA, and Steam earns them even more. I will honestly be un surprised if they end up making the next Duke Nukem Forever.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Half-Life?

<shuffles through ancient scrolls, raising clouds of dust>

Ah. The ancients spoke of a "Half-Life". It has turned to steam and ascended into the skies, but it was prophesized to come back in year of Gaben Our Savior... year... ok who tore off the bottom of the scroll?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Half life 1 was released in 1998 so maybe they are aiming for 2018 release date? 20th anniversary :M

tormund

Arcane
Can't say I give a shit.
Who cares anymore?
these
They'll both preorder it on first occasion, as will most Codexers.
emoji275.png

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Valve will use their new Source 2 which hasn't been used before, lets see their magic.

soulburner

Cipher
I would very much like to see a single player Valve game, not necessarily a Half-Life or a Portal. Their games have a very specific high quality vibe to them, I love how the storyline unfolds and is never "in your face" and stuff. I just hope they don't mean a VR-exclusive title, because it will be quite a while before I can simply go out and buy an Oculus or something.

tormund

Arcane
Dunno why people would be against them going for VR-focused design. We should be gladdened by the possibility of companies employing new tech for once, especially since VR so fits Valve's immersion focused FP design approach.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom