Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Vampire Bloodlines trademarked by White Wolf

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Grand strategy Vampire game incoming!
Manage a Vampire clan* in an urban setting. Preorder now to get Thin Blood DLC for free!

*Clans Malkavian, Gangrel, Tremere, Lasombra, Tzimisce and Giovanni eventually to be released as DLC.
Don't forget the vampire portrait packs, model packs, and music packs all sold separately from the DLC they are for.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
I don't know what you guys are talking about. Bloodlines is one of those rare storyfag games that (like PST or MotB) has no room for a direct sequel. Not only would it inevitably shit on one aspect or another of it's predecessor, but there's simply nothing of value that it could add. (...)
I don't know what you guys are talking about. Bloodlines is one of those many storfag games that (like PST or MotB) has no room for sequel. Not only because they are shit across the board, but there's simply nothing of value these games add. (...)
Maybe not a direct sequel but a game set in same universe with similar gameplay but different story and characters.
I for one would love to play as Beckett, or Jack, or VV, or Bertram or Strauss... That way we wouldn't start from zero to hero again (i.e. from a fledgling to a killing machine stronger than 200 year old vampires) and we would already have a background that would be easier to swallow. New content if done right could be better but using established characters would be easier and definitely interesting. And it's one of many possible ways to use the plot and characters from Bloodlines (mainly characters).

And I would love to see officer Chunk again, he's what's Miltiades is to Age of Decadence ;P.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
I for one would love to play as Beckett, or Jack, or VV, or Bertram or Strauss... That way we wouldn't start from zero to hero again (i.e. from a fledgling to a killing machine stronger than 200 year old vampires) and we would already have a background that would be easier to swallow. New content if done right could be better but using established characters would be easier and definitely interesting. And it's one of many possible ways to use the plot and characters from Bloodlines (mainly characters).

It's amazing how afraid devs are of letting go off that annoying design approach/trope, doesn't even matter if your PC is an already established in-universe badass you still have to start weak as a kitten and end up a walking juggernaut of destruction. Granted it works for some games (like first two Gothics) but at this point I'm a bit tired of it. More horizontal character development please, I don't have to see my numbers go up every half an hour.

And I would love to see officer Chunk again, he's what's Miltiades is to Age of Decadence ;P.

:bro:

Unwanted

Manmower

Unwanted
Edgy
So you're telling me a company based in Sweden now holds the rights for a series of excessively grim, dark, violent, and thoroughly sexualized intellectual properties taking place in a setting rife with blood, guts, gore, and Nietzschean master morality?

Yeah, that's so gonna work out. Expect vampires to collectively become catamites with vaguely nordic names like Sven, all the while straining under the tender mercies of hairy wolf-men named Abdullah and Jafar.

Next title by Paradox: 'Sweden 2022: World of (Sodomized) Darkness'.

Prime Junta

At this point I'd like to bring up S.T.A.L.K.E.R. No stats, but still a sense of progression through gear.

Llama-Yak Hybrid

Wild Sheep
Dumbfuck
So you're telling me a company based in Sweden now has the rights for a series of excessively grim, dark, violent, and thoroughly sexualized intellectual properties taking place in a setting rife with blood, guts, gore, and Nietzschean master morality?

Yeah, that's so gonna work out. Expect vampires to collectively become catamites with vaguely nordic names like Sven, all the while straining under the tender mercies of hairy wolf-men named Abdullah and Jafar.

Next title by Paradox: 'Sweden 2022: World of (Sodomized) Darkness'.
To be fair that's where this shitty setting was heading anyway.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Just maaaaaaaaaybe
http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=8...TION&caseType=DEFAULT&searchType=statusSearch
ChtZmafVIAAYY4C.jpg:large

Perkel

Arcane
heh i predicted this.

Paradox buys Wolf
Paradox in collaboration with Obsidian does Tyrrany
Paradox is interested in developing big budget game
Obsidian has ton of talent and some of original devs behind beloved Bloodlines
Now adding Paradox or Wolf registers trademarks.

I say go !

Can't wait for BL2 or game set in similar fasion as BL.

imweasel

1. Leonard Boyarsky was one of the directors of Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines
2. Leonard Boyarsky was recently hired by Obsidian
3. Paradox distributed PoE and is publishing Tyranny. I.e Paradox and Obsidian have a very good business relationship

If you connect the dots then this means that Obsidian is working on a Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines sequel. :cool:

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Paradox threatens to strip all reason to live from that autistic guy who continued to make patches to VTM:B for decades.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
OK, here's my plan:

1) Wait for the announcement
2) Try not to follow development that closely
3) Stay away from Codex threads about it
4) Day one purchase/preorder with GMG discount
5) Prior to play, do technical research, is it done or are major patches coming?
6) Once real, playable version is done, go into it with an open mind and open heart
7) Hope for the best
8) Enjoy it "for what it is", whatever that turns out to be

Theldaran

Liturgist
I don't know if Paradox is so cheesy as to imitate Beammod, in the regard of exploiting a famous past game easily recognizable by fans. But that certainly is the trend today; nostalgia sells.

ArchAngel

Arcane
OK, here's my plan:

5) Prior to play, do technical research, is it done or are major patches coming?
6) Once real, playable version is done, go into it with an open mind and open heart
7) Hope for the best
Now imagine yourself doing that for WL2 after being a WL1 fan (as I know you are). And then coming into a game that is Fallout wannbe and not much to do with Wl1 ..

Xathrodox86

Arbiter
Grand strategy Vampire game incoming!
Manage a Vampire clan* in an urban setting. Preorder now to get Thin Blood DLC for free!

*Clans Malkavian, Gangrel, Tremere, Lasombra, Tzimisce and Giovanni eventually to be released as DLC.
Don't forget the vampire portrait packs, model packs, and music packs all sold separately from the DLC they are for.

Not to mention legendary gear packs and DLC exclusive safes. If you want to open them, and get Beckett's Limited Edition Glasses, you'll have to buy a drill for just 2$ a piece.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
OK, here's my plan:
7) Hope for the best
Now imagine yourself doing that for WL2 after being a WL1 fan (as I know you are). And then coming into a game that is Fallout wannbe and not much to do with Wl1 ..
Step 8 is key :) but I hear ya.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
OK, here's my plan:

7) Hope for the best
Here's my plan

2) Be excited
3) First screenshots, criticize UI and design
4) Cue disappointment
5) Start expecting the game to suck
6) Buy it full price from Steam like an idiot
7) Impossible to enjoy for what it is

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom