Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Vampire Bloodlines trademarked by White Wolf

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Jaesun
I agree and funnily enough he does like it:

imo, judging mostly from AoD, VD isn't really the person to fully embrace the 'gothic'/'existential' theme that VTM carries(or at least should carry imo) with it.

Might as well ask him. :M

Vault Dweller
Could you imagine yourself ever being interested in making a cRPG set in the Vampire the Masquerade setting ?
Sure, why not? Not that I have time or plans, but I've always liked that setting. In general, I want to make different games and explore different worlds, conflicts, and themes, not do the same thing over and over in different wrappers.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I actually want to play as a Tzimisce. Can you imagine an AoD-like game with a Tzimisce? It would be glorious.

Of all the people I would want to work on a newer World of Darkness game, it would definitely be VD. He understands Politics, Motivation, Manipulation and all the things of the World of Darkness games are centered around. Though he does that already in his own setting (minus the Vampires).

It would honestly be very interesting, his insights to a story set in WoD. Though to be honest, I don't even recall if he even likes the WoD setting (lol Vampires).
I like it a lot and have nothing against vampires. The way I see it, it's all about how you treat it. Take Daredevil, for example. It's a fairly dumb concept: a blind lawyer for the needy by day, a fucking ninja by night, but Netflix took it seriously and did a pretty good TV show that's better than any other superhero shit on TV like the Arrow, Flash, LoT, Agents of Shield, etc. Same here. The clans, their history, agendas, beliefs, and hierrarchy are superbly done.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
That reminds me of the character Craig Pomeroy from season one of Baywatch. He was a lifeguard by day, and a lawyer by night.
He had a deal with daredevil to split the 24hrs. He was hero the day, while DD got the night-shift.

Craig got a lot of DDs by day tho :smug:

Old One

Arcane
I'm suggesting a Baywatch-themed cRPG by VD.

FWIW I haven't seen Baywatch in, quite literally, decades, but I'm old enough to remember when it was the number one rated television show worldwide.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
A friend of mine is a game designer who attended a White Nights conference in St Petersburg. There was a certain polish Paradox representative named Andreea (you can get her full name on the conference site, I don't want it to be googlable in this context). My friend is a big VTMB fan, so they talked and she told him that Paradox has already been approached by 3 different companies with a prototype for a World of Darkness game and they were all shit. And that Paradox is trying to come up with a concept of a game that would include everything World of Darkness has to offer, not just vampires, and so far they can't do it.

Just thought I'd relay this information.

I just hope Obshitian was one of those 3 and that Paradox shut their shit down. Just thinking about it is pretty funny.

Last edited:

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
There was a certain polish Paradox representative named Andreea
She's Romanian not Polish and I hope that Obsidian wasn't one of those 3 developers pitching in. I can't imagine that Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky wouldn't come up with something interesting, unless it was either before Leo joined Obsidian or they weren't even allowed to work on the initial design and retarded Josh did that instead.

As for including "everything WoD has to offer", Vampires are the most interesting creatures and in Bloodlines and Redemption we've already had werewolves, diablerie and other interesting things and I didn't have an impression that the world was lacking anything. On the contrary, the world was very rich and there wasn't even a chance to include more lore because it was already so abundant.

Vampires > all. It's also possible that the ideas were great but Paradox wanted something new and Swedish, like tranny werewolves or feminist vampires or some other shit that Troika would never do even if they had the money.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Maybe they feel invincible after the good reception Stellaris got and now want to do a WoD MMO like CCP did. And burn in flames as result like CCP did :negative:

Xathrodox86

Arbiter
If they really have ideas like this, then we're done for. It's impossible to present accurately the entire WoD in a game, unless they'd work on it for a few decades and had people who know every book by heart.

I'm still optimistic tough. Replaying Bloodlines right now.

ArchAngel

Arcane
What they could do is make a good engine then add additional stories with new playable creatures every 1 year.

Xathrodox86

Arbiter
What they could do is make a good engine then add additional stories with new playable creatures every 1 year.

As DLC's. Funnily enough, I've just been accused of being a GW fanboy for wanting to buy a 10$ Witch Hunter DLC for Mordheim. Now, I will gladly grab the badge of Paradox/WW fanboy, because (unless the game would absolutely suck) I'd grab every, single DLC for a proper oWoD game, made by Paradox. In an instnat.

ArchAngel

Arcane

As DLC's. Funnily enough, I've just been accused of being a GW fanboy for wanting to buy a 10$ Witch Hunter DLC for Mordheim. Now, I will gladly grab the badge of Paradox/WW fanboy, because (unless the game would absolutely suck) I'd grab every, single DLC for a proper oWoD game, made by Paradox. In an instnat.
I imagine every part being a full RPG (40+ hours of singleplayer content) with a different creature from that world. But also the game would have some kind of MP (not MMO) where you could fight/do missions/whatever with creatures you got through base game and DLCs. Maybe some MP like AvP or similar :)

Last edited:

Xathrodox86

Arbiter

I image every part being a full RPG (40+ hours of singleplayer content) with a different creature from that world. But also the game would have some kind of MP (not MMO) where you could fight/do missions/whatever with creatures you got through base game and DLCs. Maybe some MP like AvP or similar :)

That would be grand. Maybe implement a modified DS system of invasions, but with more interaction. After all, a true VtM game would be centered around the Elysium and nothing else. :D

It's also possible that the ideas were great but Paradox wanted something new and Swedish, like tranny werewolves or feminist vampires or some other shit that Troika would never do even if they had the money.

This got me rolling on the floor, because I visualized the Werewolf scene from Bloodlines, where you have to survive for 5 minutes in that observatory, but now imagined the Werewolf being a tranny and trying to rape your character (of either sex I guess) while yelling feminist slogans. Would instantly become #1 game on 'Codex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom