Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vampyr - vampire action-RPG from Life Is Strange devs

Sentinel

Arcane
Looking at videos the combat actually looks pretty good/smooth - is it somehow much worse when you play yourself?
The combat is pretty good for 1v1 if you don't take in consideration the lack of moves available, but it shits the bed in anything more than a 1v1 because the lock on camera is way too restrictive and it's hard to keep track of enemies on your flanks. You can fight unlocked but when you dodge the character will face the dodge direction (which is almost always away from the enemy), and having Jonathan looking away from the enemies while dodging triggers me and doesn't look as kewl as the alternative so yeah I don't use it.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Big spoiler.
This bitch destroyed me. Well, fuck it. I need to drain someone.

Is it just me or was that voice actress really phoning it in? Is it that bad throughout the game?

I don't know, maybe it was just the bad writing.
inigo-thumb-375xauto-2548.jpg
They didn't exactly restrain themselves, did they?

She was an actress playing her last role.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Fuck this fight, seems simple but she has one attack that can instant kill you and its making me waste a lot of opportunities to hit her by being too careful and not get killed by that attack.

Not sure what the priest's role in this fight other that being eaten by me or Marie, wonder if you can even save him for something.

You didn't see shit yet :)

Honestly, the boss fights are insane. The following ones are even harder and not optional.

Covenant

Savant
Big spoiler.
This bitch destroyed me. Well, fuck it. I need to drain someone.

Is it just me or was that voice actress really phoning it in? Is it that bad throughout the game?

I don't know, maybe it was just the bad writing.
inigo-thumb-375xauto-2548.jpg
They didn't exactly restrain themselves, did they?

She was an actress playing her last role.

Yeah, I bet it was her last role after that performance!

Nah, I get it. Makes sense I guess, thanks for pointing it out.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Fuck this fight, seems simple but she has one attack that can instant kill you and its making me waste a lot of opportunities to hit her by being too careful and not get killed by that attack.

Not sure what the priest's role in this fight other that being eaten by me or Marie, wonder if you can even save him for something.

Honestly, the boss fights are insane. The following ones are even harder and not optional.
Really? I had no problems after the cemetery fight,just club them to dearth.

Cael

Arcane
One of the best games released in the decade so far.
I dropped the game when a stay-at-home dad has given me a quest to find his wife that was a part of a military expedition
xotNjuX.gif
You know, instead of all this SJW shit, what I would pay for a movie/game set in Australia with all of the classic Australian irreverent, larrikin humour intact. For example. You would only believe the rumour that the Jaws theme is played on the beaches to clear people in the event of a shark sighting if the rumour stated it occurs in Australia. Anywhere else, and it would be, "Yeah, right. Pull the other one." It is so right up our alley, as is the absolute deadpan reply, "As effective as it might be at clearing the water, our job is to protect people on our beaches, not scare the crap out of them." Of course, in the movie/game, we'd have people streaming out of the water and straight into the loos. In their hundreds. And only two loos.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
what I would pay for a movie/game set in Australia with all of the classic Australian irreverent, larrikin humour intact.
Lol. It'd never get off the ground. There would be protests condemning the lack of indigenous - were they to then be represented accurately, the game would be banned for misrepresentation (lacking decency).

Last edited:

Cael

Arcane
what I would pay for a movie/game set in Australia with all of the classic Australian irreverent, larrikin humour intact.
Lol. It'd never get off the ground. There would be protests condemning the lack of indigenous - were they to then be represented accurately, the game would be banned for misrepresentation (lacking decency).
I know. And my stash is safe! Safe, I tells ya! :D

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Just finished the game,must say that i have never watch such a wank in my life. The ending is like 15 minutes of soap opera,at least i get meet the best character in the whole game. Now that i have finished i am certain that the protagonist is the writer and the story is his delusions and fantasies. I never expected to play a RPG where i hate the player's character the most. You don't have a voice or a choice in the whole game. Only choices are about what to do with the pillars and who to eat,pointless in it self. The protagonist does have its believes,feelings and ideas while ignoring all of yours unless they are the same.

Oh and the final battle was a joke,didn't even use any kind of skills,just mash the enemy with the weapon i found at the beginning of the game.

The game as a whole is pretty mediocre and meh,i am not sorry to have played it but i won't be replaying it in the future. The game is pirate material or very cheap sale,not worth the money in my opinion.
I have zero interest in reading through the last 10 pages since it seems that the WCDS is up in arms once again for some reason, so is this summary a good description of the game itself?

PrettyDeadman

Just finished the game,must say that i have never watch such a wank in my life. The ending is like 15 minutes of soap opera,at least i get meet the best character in the whole game. Now that i have finished i am certain that the protagonist is the writer and the story is his delusions and fantasies. I never expected to play a RPG where i hate the player's character the most. You don't have a voice or a choice in the whole game. Only choices are about what to do with the pillars and who to eat,pointless in it self. The protagonist does have its believes,feelings and ideas while ignoring all of yours unless they are the same.

Oh and the final battle was a joke,didn't even use any kind of skills,just mash the enemy with the weapon i found at the beginning of the game.

The game as a whole is pretty mediocre and meh,i am not sorry to have played it but i won't be replaying it in the future. The game is pirate material or very cheap sale,not worth the money in my opinion.
I have zero interest in reading through the last 10 pages since it seems that the WCDS is up in arms once again for some reason, so is this summary a good description of the game itself?
It's a pretty poor summary since it's fake news intended to smear the game because author thinks that game developers have different political views than him.

Yeah was wondering about that. Seems like it could be easy to get killed if you aren't careful and aren't beefed up. Me? I ate Whitechapel and am level 28 or something. I just wreck shit.

:whatho:
I was 25 level with only eating the nigger in the hospital,how the fuck you are only 28?!

Life of the Party,yeah it is pretty hard pointless battle with stupid ending to it. If you have problem with it i can give you some pointers. I beat it with the club,not the mace,somehow it did more stun damage i was hitting more frequently,just upgrade it well. Powers outside of healing were pretty useless to me,maybe it is different for a power orientated character. The boss give powerful scream that could kill you when it is on half an quarter health bar. After the half mark it goes to kill the priest fully heal,so try to eat the priest when it goes for the scream or after if you get damaged. I found that dashing toward it when it goes on offensive combo with the cross is a good strategy,you get past the attack and on its back thus giving you an oportuninty to hit it a few times. Another good time to hit it is during its vomiting,you have time to hit it 3-5 times if you have the stamina,just remember to leave some for the dash out. Good luck :salute:.

I was 17 when I defeated her.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Really? I had no problems after the cemetery fight,just club them to dearth.

CheatEngine doesn't count.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
If someone deletes post I reply to does my post get deleted too? I swear to god I replied to shit yesterday that isn't here anymore lmao.

Barbarian

Arcane
"bloodspear" her pussy man.

Anyway I stopped playing a couple of days ago because I am on a trip and haven't brought the console along(obviously). I was left with a very positive impression after 5-6 hours gameplay, I hope the game doesn't nosedive in quality as it progresses.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

I will give you a quick summary mate.

The game is a console port,but the combat mechanics are pretty solid and smooth. The combat itself becomes boring and repetitive after a few hours of gameplay. You get the best weapons in the first chapter and you just have upgrade them,outside of health and stamina there are no passive upgrades for the combat. All other upgrades are about vampire skills,that i rarely used. The enemies are not that different from each other,you have two types of vampires later on,warewolfs,four types of humans and three types of zombies.

The greatest objective problem of the game is the save system,it saves after every thing you do,including dialogue choices and death in battle. For the first it wouldn't have been a problem if the dialogue options were clear. For the second well, you respawn with lower blood which makes a hard battle harder and you have to around searching enemies for blood. It is boring and annoying seeing how you have cleared everything before the boss,it could take you 20 minutes to find blood.

The meat of the game is the talking to people and founding their mediocre secrets that they just tell you about anyway. This also gets repetitive and kind of boring after some time,most of the people don't have anything interesting going for them. Also you can finish a lot of their side quests before they dive it to you,thus locking out some dialogue options and clues. The writing is pretty mediocre and some times bad. The writer just ejaculated all over the protagonist as i wrote in the quoted post. It all depends on your political views and your tolerance of political views. The game have a lot of SJW crap coming from the protagonist and some unrealistic written npcs,take it as you will.

Great thing about the game are its atmosphere and the music. Soundtrack is clearly the best thing about the game.

As a whole the game is decent/mediocre,still not worth the price asked. Maybe on the next summer sale or pirated.

EDIT: I forgot to say that there is a crafting of medicine mechanic that becomes really annoying after time. You have to make medicine and give it to the sick people or the district goes in to the shitter. You just have to run around every night after you slept and give shit to people,it is very time consuming and pointless grind.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It's a pretty poor summary since it's fake news intended to smear the game because author thinks that game developers have different political views than him.

Hahahaha typical SJW,you just insult anyone that have any critic for the game yet you don't even buy or play the game. I haven't seen you write something positive about the game outside of the "The game is great, he is just a bigot!". Doubt that you have even played the stupid game,and just go around defending the virtue of all the sjw's shitty games.
Go and suck your dog's dick,faggot!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom