Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vampyr - vampire action-RPG from Life Is Strange devs

I had only one pillar survive and I also killed a few citizens once they turned hostile thanks to a choice I made.

However, I never fed on anyone and voted Hillary and so got the best ending.

Santander02

Arcane
Oh, life strange devs, that explains the drama, well at least I know what to expect, but it will only be worth it if it is as fun as bloodlines.

Is it as fun as bloodlines?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
It's more competent action rpg but I don't think they varied up the gameplay too much.
The flow is always the same - go to a district (usually have to clear trash to make it) - settle stuff - boss fight - make a choice.
Side quests aren't that great - there are some decent twists in the writing - but you can ignore NPCs and don't miss too much.
Itemization is pr. bad.
Abilities limited to 4 active slots.
The more you rest to spend EXP on level ups, the more tedium the game throws at you (npc get sick, needs medication, trash respawn)

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Paused teh gaem for a while and don't remember how ze actual fuck I give a potion to sick people.
I remember from the throat guy I have to press some special button, right?
But when I talk to someone with an illness and hammer all buttons like a maniac, nothing happens.
(I have the necessary potion btw.)

RK47

Patron
Paused teh gaem for a while and don't remember how ze actual fuck I give a potion to sick people.
But when I talk to someone with an illness and hammer all buttons like a maniac, nothing happens.
Press E to offer medication.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Press F to pay respects.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Pressing E it was indeed. Thanks! :hug:

Now there is this sidequest where I should get three ingredients and make some placebo potion for one of the doctors.
I think I have all ingredients, but when I interact with ze potion table there seems to be no corresponding Option!? Am I missing something?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Press F to pay respects.
Press X to Jason.
Press R to piss on everyone!
1475589958257.gif

RK47

Patron
Pressing E it was indeed. Thanks! :hug:

Now there is this sidequest where I should get three ingredients and make some placebo potion for one of the doctors.
I think I have all ingredients, but when I interact with ze potion table there seems to be no corresponding Option!? Am I missing something?
It's not the same table. Check the other table next to the plant.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
https://steamcommunity.com/app/427290/discussions/0/1728701877484548410/

First Patch Beta

Hello everyone,

Today we'd like to announce that we're launching a beta for the first update, before it launches next week. We expect the launch date to be Monday, July 2nd.

This beta will help us ensure that the patch addresses the issues that we'd like it to address, as well as let us know that there aren't any other more esoteric issues that need to be dealt with.

To enter this beta, you will need to right-click Vampyr in your Steam Library, and select "Properties". Then, click "Betas" and finally, select "Public_Beta" in the dropdown menu. This will download the patch to your PC. Should you want to go back to the previous version of the game, you will simply need to select "none" in the same dropdown menu.

Please find the changelog below:

New Features:
  • Walk can now be used as a held input or a toggled input.
  • The Recovering Icon is now properly displayed when a citizen is healing
Fixes:
  • Switching targets can now be done with the mouse wheel.
  • During the cutscene between Dorothy and Darius, Dorothy will now properly be shown. A new playthrough is needed for this.
  • Fixed an issue where Sean Hampton was stuck in a chair while reloading during certain dialogues.
  • Fixed an issue where spoiler characters would incorrectly spawn.
  • Fixed an issue where Tom Watts’s sidequest would be blocked while performing a medical checkup mid-choice
  • Fixed an issue where players were able to escape the map in Southwark
  • Optimised the in-game menus
  • Fixed an issue where in-game and in-menu serum icons were inverted.
  • Fixed an issue where players were unable to change inventory page using KB/M
  • Green flickering should no longer occur
  • Fixed an issue where Camelia’s dialogue would stay locked, even with all hints unlocked.
  • Various other fixes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Low Level Fatal Crash

An issue where LowLevelFatalCrash errors was identified. To fix this issue, you will need to download new drivers for your Intel HD Graphics 530 graphics card for Windows 10. To do this, follow the steps below.
  • Click https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27847/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=88345
  • Click 'win64_24.20.100.6136.zip' button under Available Downloads.
  • Save and open 'win64_24.20.100.6136.zip' file from Downloads.
  • Extract all file content into Downloads.
  • Close the file.
  • Right click on the Windows Start button > Device Manager > Display adapters.
  • Right click on Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 > Uninstall device.
  • Check Delete the driver software for this device and click Uninstall.
  • Restart the computer.
  • Right click on the Windows Start button > Device Manager > Display adapters.
  • Right click on Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 > Update driver.
  • Click Browse my computer for driver software.
  • Click Browse... button then select Downloads and click OK.
  • Click Next.
  • Once the driver installed, click Close.

If you encounter any issues with this update, please don't hesitate to let us know!

Thanks,

The Vampyr Team.

Adon

Arcane
Vampyr was alright for what it is, but eventually talking to NPCs got old; especially when you realize unlocking hints only serves the purpose of increasing the amount of XP you get if you mesmerize them. No resolving any issues or doubts that these characters are having. Worst of all, I found no reason to ever mesmerize anyone so that's a a wasted mechanic with no real purpose other than making the (dull) combat easier. It is a nice touch, tho, to make the game harder on people wanting to avoid mesmerizing anyone as if to mirror the struggle of a vampire who's depriving themselves of drinking blood -- being weaker as a result. I only slept a handful of times, and with the way that works, you really want to sleep as little as possible lest you want everyone to die from getting sick, or you want to be making trips to every district to heal them.

I did enjoy some of the boss fights, but regular trash mobs got tiresome to the point that near the end I just started running away from everyone.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
8.3gb patch available, mostly technical fixes.

I just reached the part where Jonathan goes to his family's house's section and it's been such a drag for me. Should I continue? Does the game get better from there?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I did enjoy some of the boss fights, but regular trash mobs got tiresome to the point that near the end I just started running away from everyone.

I think everyone is doing that towards the end.

I just reached the part where Jonathan goes to his family's house's section and it's been such a drag for me. Should I continue? Does the game get better from there?

You know the answer: No.

I thought I'd give it a try. It managed to make me raise an eyebrow in the first five minutes. I'm in the warehouse, cops all around me. I try to run, since I'm a doctor, not a fighter. And killing cops is generally a bad idea, right? There doesn't seem to be any escape. Well it turns out I have to kill the cops for a door to open. For no reason at all. Great job! Let's hope it gets better.

Plisken

Learned
changed my mind, this game kind of stinks

at ~20 hours i started finding myself wanting to skip dialogue and avoid talking to another boring cunt, which is always a bad sign for a story driven rpg. Its an even worse sign for this game in particular since at least 95% of the game is talking to boring cunts.

Barbarian

Arcane
I thought I'd give it a try. It managed to make me raise an eyebrow in the first five minutes. I'm in the warehouse, cops all around me. I try to run, since I'm a doctor, not a fighter. And killing cops is generally a bad idea, right? There doesn't seem to be any escape. Well it turns out I have to kill the cops for a door to open. For no reason at all. Great job! Let's hope it gets better.

They are not cops. They are a street roaming militia of vampire hunters.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Nice, they responded within a couple weeks to console control issues annoying PC players, something Arkane hasn't figured out for years.

Haven't played Prey yet but Dishonored 1 and 2 are some of the better PC ports I've played. What exactly bugs you about them?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom